.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old September 29th, 2006, 11:17 AM

Sergeant

serg3d is on a distinguished road
Default Israel vs France campain now realistic.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...309378,00.html

Armed conflict of Israel and France now went from "what if" to "possible" state. That would make really interesting campain - Merkavas vs Leclercs, one first world army against another.
Old September 29th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Corporal

loktarr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Israel vs France campain now realistic.

In SPMBT it would be an interresting idea but in reality, it's totaly impossible: neither Israel nor France have any interrest in helping Hizbolla and it would be a direct consequense of a conflict between them.
And, it's a very bad idea to fight with white painted Leclercs and 1200 mens against tsahal but it's a worst idea to fight against a 60M nation when you are hardly 6M. So...
Old September 29th, 2006, 04:35 PM

Corporal

The idea was interrseting, so I realised a small scenario based on the very small informations given... The initial situation is made as from the picture at the indicated website... After that, the units are totaly hypothetical...
It's a what if naturaly... I only play tested it twice so feel free to add everything you want and upload it again with your own name as designer... It's more a preview of what could be the suggested campain.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 450265-Spscn160.zip (39.8 KB, 251 views)
Old September 30th, 2006, 07:15 PM

Corporal

Sorry, I have forgotten some 'advices' that are really important:
- as the Israelian player, you MUST wait for reinforcement and mass your troops with the help of the 'ditch' on the right corner of the map...
- your apache is very usefull because he can be targeted uselessly by the leclercs and destroy some of them
- you will probably loose all your 1st turn vehicles.
- infiltrate your infantry of the bottom of the map in the village: they can destroy the leclerc staying there.
- there are some UN reinforcement coming on turn 18: they are Italian aero troops: this is totally unrealistic but this is not the aimming of this 'scenario'...
good luck

and bonus some more picture (the text is in french, it's yahoo news in french ):
http://fr.news.yahoo.com/28092006/20...outh-veut.html
I would say that french and israelis did not seem to be about to fight... or the french crewman is a fool...
Old October 3rd, 2006, 09:45 AM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road

Nothing is unrealistic in WinSPMBT.
Old December 30th, 2006, 05:36 PM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road

Point about kornets being used in Lebanon.. Check out tanknet forum Merkava 4 hit by ATGM, and last pages.