Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 18th, 2014, 05:08 PM

Private

Artofwar is on a distinguished road
Computer Windows 7 & How I got it to work

I left my desktop resolution as is - also my monitor supports the following high resolutions 1600 x 1024 and 1680 x 1050. I am able to run the game in 1600 x 1280 which actually is an option my screen resolution choices in Windows 7 does not allow me to choose but it works with the Enhanced CD Version.

At the start up screen under Game Mode choose Windowed
and then for screen window size choose 1600 x 1280

A windows 7 sticky says among other things to choose windowed mode this is true for me as I only got a distorted screen when I choose FullScreen. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. This is important - the sticky says to press ALT + SHIFT + ESC to bring up the taskmanager if needed this does not work for me what works is CNTRL + ALT + DELETE then choose Task Manager then once the task manager is started
choose New Task this is a button at the bottom right of task manager.
then type in explorer.exe
click on OK and Wham your desktop is back with the icons etc.

This is also important if you cannot get the game to start correctly make sure you reboot then choose windowed mode then choose the smallest resolution of the choices 640 x 480 and start the game it should work then start a battle then exit out after you start the battle then make sure Windowed is chosen and then choose the next larger resolution size which is 800 x 600 keep doing this until you find the best one that works with your pc.

Use the Task Manager and New Task\explorer.exe as needed to get your desktop back reboot as necessary and when you figure out the best resolution that works write it down and make sure you choose windowed.

I am using patch 6.

The 1600 x 1280 is almost my desktop size so I am a happy camper thanks to the development team that allows us to play in windows 7