winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 5th, 2017, 01:18 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Quick question about max battle points

I remember there is a max (for say long random campaigns) that beyond that while it is possible to set it, it is not advisable because of some...something about something.
Anyway, I think the "limit" is about 20K or 25K? Am I anywhere near?
The reason I am asking is because I haven't played the game in a long while and I want to do a let's play for my youtube channel and I rather have some basics right from the very beginning.
Old March 5th, 2017, 01:29 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Quick question about max battle points

The maximum points any force in the game can be is 65,000 points (200 units).

If you want the AI to be able to assault you (ie have a much greater force) and have room for units to gain experience or be upgraded you would be best staying around 20-25k.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old March 5th, 2017, 02:56 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Quick question about max battle points

I agree, I'm normally in the 15,000 - 22,000 range myself. As pointed out I see a larger but also better equipped AI. Currently in my ongoing campaign France vs. Russia (AI), from the first battle on I've seen the T-72B3/4 in numbers.

When I played with less points and let me stop here for the following...based on my observations...It seemed at times I wouldn't be fighting against the best tanks the AI OOB could've had. Though of course I wouldn't have that many or limitation myself. I would have some top tier ones on the field. That's the human factor.

Also my campaigns run a minimum of a year so I am forced to play through the seasons (Depending on location.) under different conditions. My battle set usually within the campaign are 15 to 31 battles, normally 21 if playing 1 year long campaign.

I've had the long breaks myself in playing and it does feel good to be back in the game right now between the two campaigns I have going on.

To paraphrase my good friend the original "The Most Interesting Man in the World" Play Hard my friend!! He is a hard act to follow but, I try!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 5th, 2017, 03:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Pat, the Russian Medium tank companies were ended 12 /2011 and the picklists adjusted so almost anything you see past that date will be category 1 tanks unless they are CS tanks so you might want to adjust your expectations a bit
Old March 5th, 2017, 05:17 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Well, I just finished recording the beginning of the campaign (set up, deploy) up to and including the third turn. I was expecting to play a battle per video....hahahaha. It took me almost an hour and a half.
Partly because I talked a lot (let's play...). Also the AI turns took ages or what felt like ages to complete.
Last game I played this game properly was when I still had my Vista machine, but I remember the AI taking far less time. Not sure if it is bad memory (my head), Windows 8.1, driver issue, or whatever. This machine is much faster than my old Q9550 and with much more memory and faster drives.
Also, is it normal for the map scrolling to feel....laggy? I mouse scroll the map and it feels like it is moving X amount of hexes then pauses for a half a second and continues and so on.
Also, definite delay in the gui, be it mouse clicks or keystrokes. Something messes up the game I am sure.
The only thing I can think of that might for some reason have affected the game is that I forgot FRAPS on, although it wasn't recording. I am recording with an external device.
Will find out when I record the second part.
Other than this, the game is as fun as I remember.
Playing a UK vs Iran, Pakistan, Nigeria campaign 2017-18
Old March 5th, 2017, 05:23 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Remember to give us the link to your vids Wdll

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old March 5th, 2017, 05:58 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_rocks View Post
Remember to give us the link to your vids Wdll
Will do, it will be up some time tomorrow.
But, I have to warn you, this first video is terrible in terms of commentary. I couldn't speak properly (worse than usual) and still trying to remember how to play.
BUT, I believe the second video will be much better.
My youtube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/trusteft/ I will link to the Let's Play of this game when then first video is up.
Old March 6th, 2017, 03:42 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

This video doesn't want to be made lol.
First I left it last night to render and I forgot to check the hdd space (it's a laptop I use just for my youtube videos) so it stopped after the first 20 minutes. I was planning on uploading it today but since it took me a while to check the file (wasn't expecting any issues), I had to re-render it. It finished but it is a large file (a bit over 24GB) so that will take several hours to upload with my connection. I will let it uploading when I got to bed. The video will be (if nothing else goes wrong) up some time tomorrow.
Again, don't expecting anything too good lol.
Old March 6th, 2017, 08:11 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

I tried the game again, I even switched between the Intel gpu and the Nvidia. The lagginess persists. You can see it clearly in the video (when it will be up). The map struggles to scroll more than 9 or so hexes before it stops and then continues. The units when sent to move more than a few hexes, stop every few for a ms then continue.
Also as I mentioned earlier, there is an overall lagginess in the gui within the battle. I am going to try to find if there is something specific that is responsible. I haven't updated my GPU drivers for few months now, and I will double check if there is a conflict somewhere.
I have no doubt it is something about MS Windows that is responsible, but anyway.
Old March 6th, 2017, 08:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
I tried the game again, I even switched between the Intel gpu and the Nvidia. The lagginess persists. You can see it clearly in the video (when it will be up). The map struggles to scroll more than 9 or so hexes before it stops and then continues. The units when sent to move more than a few hexes, stop every few for a ms then continue.
Also as I mentioned earlier, there is an overall lagginess in the gui within the battle. I am going to try to find if there is something specific that is responsible. I haven't updated my GPU drivers for few months now, and I will double check if there is a conflict somewhere.
I have no doubt it is something about MS Windows that is responsible, but anyway.
Are you using Fullscreen mode? Maybe try this little trick: http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51247

FRAPS is notoriously slow, that's why I switched to MSI Afterburner for recording on-screen vids. Instructions here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=373159

24GB is a lot. You can try compressing the raw file using MP4 with H.264 codec. The key to achieve a small video but decent quality is in the "bitrate" setting (find the sweet spot). You can try a popular converter program called Format Factory.