winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 30th, 2018, 01:18 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 2018 SPMBT Upgrade Patch

1/ some sceanrio titles are too long for the game title entry screen but can be manually entered in the CMT a bit longer and they will fit the screen format but simply copying them from one place to another will cut off the excess..... that has been like that for years and has nothing to do with the new patch

2/ how big do you expect a 20x20 mini map to be when each hex is represented by one pixel ?......answer 20x20 pixels just exactly like it would have appeared in any release before this....the large mini only appears when the map is bigger than 100x80 just as we said in the release notes.

What purpose would a readme serve? Everything anyone needs is explained in the installer itself.,

There is only so much we can do to make this clear for everyone and the procedure this year is no different than last year or the year before that.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 31st, 2018 at 10:44 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2018, 01:55 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: 2018 SPMBT Upgrade Patch

I used just stop at the first piece of equip. that came up, if it wasn't the (Version of) one I wanted, I'd scroll my way through the OOB until I found the right one. I just would've thought the B-2 would show up first before the B-26. I didn't put it together until I was in the shower that I finally figured out the...

1. UNIT numbers started at the beginning of the OOB in the search to the end of it.

2. They were all B-2 something.

3. I was doing this all with the "ENTER" key - amazing, because never in all these years on purpose or accidentally did that ever happen.

4. OMG how many hours were wasted in my method of searching for UNITS after the first UNIT popped up "wrong" for me over the last 12yrs. almost. The ENTER key my new friend!

Thanks everyone!

Regards,
Pat
The "Captain" is taking the day off!!

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 31st, 2018, 10:10 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Hover the mouse over the find "finger" button by the search entry box, and if you have help on - it will tell you the hot keys for searching in the mouse-over pop-up text. Repeated operations repeat the search again, and searching wraps round at end of file.

So - you can poke away at the "finger" button with the mouse, or press either of F3 or F11 to start or repeat the search. Enter works as well but only if the search text entry box still has focus - not if you have clicked onto another data field on the form.

(I have no idea why both F3 and F11 are active, its buried in the mists of time. Maybe somebody wanted one nearer right hand fingers (F11) or his left (F3)?)
Old March 31st, 2018, 10:40 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: 2018 SPMBT Upgrade Patch

Yes..... once a search parameter has been entered then F3, F11 ( I have NEVER used those ).......or ENTER

or pressing

will do the same thing. I always use the last option when searching
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.png
Views:	319
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	15305  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; September 24th, 2018 at 11:18 PM..
Old March 31st, 2018, 12:05 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

As do I ... and I do a LOT of searching (not near as much as Don tho).

And I find the general search VERY useful at times ... I can say find every "jeep" in an OOB so I can cross-reference them to each other.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 31st, 2018, 12:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I would not want a "find" feature for OOB's that only found exactly what was typed in. There are times when searching other type documents where exact searching is desirable but not unit and formation names. Something like "B-2" is rather unusual as most names are longer than that with fewer derivatives unless you do a general search for any "squad"

Old April 1st, 2018, 04:57 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road

Don & Andy, As always thanks for keeping this game GREAT! Love the updated features, scenarios, campaigns, icons etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EJ For This Useful Post:
Old April 3rd, 2018, 12:54 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: 2018 SPMBT Upgrade Patch

Thumbs up on the "Goto" feature!

Old April 3rd, 2018, 06:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: 2018 SPMBT Upgrade Patch

Yes, I found it very handy while testing and for working on maps or scenarios. You can tuck things away near the end of the list and get to nice a quick now. getting to a favorite scenario or map is simple ...all you need to do is remember the number and it works in concert with Scenhacks Scenario Sort feature.........once you find the one you want just enter it in GOTO on the game scenarios page and press enter and you are there

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2018, 01:18 PM

Private

Crueldwarf is on a distinguished road

This patch (or previous one) added Weapon 029 (AGS-40 Automatic grenade launcher) to OOB11 - Russia/Soviet Union. For some reason AGS-40 is considered Class 5 (Autocannon) weapon while AGS-17 (Weapon 049) is Class 3 (Team Weapon). Is it a mistake or there is some reason behind it?