BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 11th, 2017, 03:12 PM

Corporal

Warnevada is on a distinguished road
Default Odd Problem in V10

My friend and I are playing a PBEM game in V10. On my turn the movement, not combat, sounds don't work right. Infantry sounds are very low as to be almost impossible to hear and tank moves are completely silent. But my friend says on his turn everything is normal.

On a game against the AI the same thing happens. On the previous version everything worked fine. I'm having no sound issues with anything else I'm doing.

Any idea what's going on?
Old March 11th, 2017, 03:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Odd Problem in V10

This is the first report of this that I am aware of. What side are you playing in the PBEM and what are the details of your computer, video and sound card ?

I assume in a game against the AI you are P1? Which side are you in the PBEM ?

So it's only movement sounds.....which ones ??

Has anyone else reading this had any similar issues with PBEM or a game against the AI ???

We could try an experiment. Set up a quick test PBEM with the guy you have this one going now but you take the opposite side and see if he has trouble with movement sound with the same units you are using now. If he hears everything OK then the problem is with you. If he hears the same thing you do now then the problem is with the game but we need feedback on this from others as well but I really need to know which units you are moving that sound different......if its infantry that's because I changed the default "marching" sound to one that sounds like ( and is.... ) a section moving through tall grass and *maybe* that's what sounds different to you.....it was deliberately made that way to sound less "marchy"........and WHICH tanks ?? There were 6 tanks given track and engine sounds made from recordings of those actual tanks and they ARE in the game and they sound OK to me. I just took them out and ran a quick test game against the AI and the infantry movement and tanks came through loud and clear

Don

Last edited by DRG; March 11th, 2017 at 04:13 PM..
Old March 12th, 2017, 02:58 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Odd Problem in V10

No such issues here.

With Windows speaker-level settings beneath 5 % and "Sound Volume" to the lowest level in preferences screen of the game, i have no such behavior. Neither fullscreen or windowed mode.

I afterwards deleted my camogame.ini and gamepreferences.ini in gamedata folder. Just in case that entries could be responsible.

The deleted files were rewritten at startup and i can hear everything.

Last edited by anlubue; March 12th, 2017 at 03:08 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to anlubue For This Useful Post:
Old March 13th, 2017, 01:48 PM

Corporal

To be precise, there was no tank movement in the PBEM game. The infantry sounds were very low at a 50% volume setting. When I increased the volume then the combat sounds were very loud.

The tank sounds were in an AI campaign started under v9. I don't know if that has a bearing or not. The tanks involved are Nationalist Chinese TYPE 97B Te-Ke and VCL M1931/T-37. Their movements are completely silent.
Old March 13th, 2017, 02:21 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Odd Problem in V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnevada View Post
To be precise, there was no tank movement in the PBEM game. The infantry sounds were very low at a 50% volume setting. When I increased the volume then the combat sounds were very loud.

The tank sounds were in an AI campaign started under v9. I don't know if that has a bearing or not. The tanks involved are Nationalist Chinese TYPE 97B Te-Ke and VCL M1931/T-37. Their movements are completely silent.
I tested both of those tanks you mentioned along with a T-26a. Game sound volume set to '2' which is the middle of the sound bar and my computer sound bar set to 50%

The HQ ( foot ) sound IS muted compare to before but that's the way I set it up.......to be subtle in the background not square bashing marching. IF you prefer the old sound it's in your sound folder named 36-original.wav. Just rename the new 36.wav to x36.wav and remove '-original' from the old one and you'll get the old marching sound

All tanks, the TYPE 97B Te-Ke the VCL M1931/T-37 ( light tank version ) and the T-26a played the stock tank track sound FX in my test game which is a fresh version of the latest game. So MAYBE it has to do with it being created in V9 but it seems unlikely , If this was widespread I think we would have heard about it by now

If you start a fresh test game and run those tanks and you hear the tank sounds then it's probably a corrupted save game. If you still don't hear any sound you might want to check your games sounds folder. Typically it should report 175 items and if you have less than that then somehow files have been deleted. The one you are not hearing is 31.wav
Old March 15th, 2017, 06:57 PM

Corporal

More info: This was a special battle, an advance/delay with the AI doing the advance. The AI has all the tanks.

The tanks were first spotted either turn 3 or 4. They made their silent advance until turn 8, most by road. On turn 8 the lead tank was destroyed. For the next four turns there was little movement with most tanks strung out on the road and during those turns most were destroyed.

On turn 12 one tank got shot up and routed. When it ran to the rear, suddenly there was movement sound and all movement since then has sound.

Tanks have shown up in the PBEM game and their movement has sound.
Old March 17th, 2017, 10:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well......since it's cleared up on your machine now all we can do is wait and see if another report comes in but personally, I think the problem is somewhere in your machine given your opponent had not difficulty with the sounds.

That said I hope this is the isolated incident it seems to be

Don
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:23 PM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road

I just played TS4ever's Gateway to Asia campaign and my Tigers played motorcycle sounds when they moved. Everyone else was normal.

Don't know if this was a glitch in the campaign or the game itself.

I have saves if needed.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:48 PM

Corporal

Finished playing the battle. The sound situation is my vehicles have normal sounds. The AI's vehicles move silently but have sounds when they retreat.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetLT View Post
I just played TS4ever's Gateway to Asia campaign and my Tigers played motorcycle sounds when they moved. Everyone else was normal.

Don't know if this was a glitch in the campaign or the game itself.

I have saves if needed.
Has he adjusted the speed of the tigers......

Have YOU added any sound files? the Tigers in my game sound like Tigers not motorcycles

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 22nd, 2017 at 03:09 PM..