Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old August 29th, 2005, 09:53 AM

Corporal

Fabfire is on a distinguished road
Default Re: XP Sound Problems - Try this out

Jesus Almighty Christ! Guys... Come on...

I am only making another alternative available. There are lots of people, as it seems you two just ignore it, that have difficulty even in finding a file within their HD... And who prefer the 43 MB download. And, Don, qualifying those persons as "totally inept" is just being rude (to put it mildly), and doesn't help WinSPMBT a little bit. Why would I bother to upload a 43 MB file, if it is not to help somebody else?

What's going on here, anyway?

How about doing a little thinking before dropping heavy artillery on people who are only wanting to help?

Fab
Old August 29th, 2005, 10:17 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

A BIT sensitive for some reason today?

YOU were the one asking people to only DL your file because of bandwidth usage problems. ALL I did was point out the reasons why *I* provided the alternative I did. If there are people who prefer to DL 43 MB over 1.8 and a couple minutes work then you've definitely provided a useful and valuable service for them and there is nothing wrong with that.

Take a pill, NOBODY was "dropping heavy artillery on people who are only wanting to help" gimme a break. If you want to provide this to people that just fine by us.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:18 AM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road

Just one question:

Allthe problems discussed in this topic are XP related right?...I mean, there shouldn't be any issue runing under W98, with any codec or whatever the culprit is on XP right?
Old August 30th, 2005, 06:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
RVPERTVS said:
Just one question:

Allthe problems discussed in this topic are XP related right?...I mean, there shouldn't be any issue runing under W98, with any codec or whatever the culprit is on XP right?

The key seem to be XP combined with systems that use an integrated sound chip though not in 100% of the cases. I don't recall anyone with w98 and a proper sound card having difficulties ( ??)

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old August 30th, 2005, 10:47 AM

Sergeant

What do you mean by "a proper sound car"?, any suggestion?

I´m asking because I´m upgrading my machine and I don´t want to spend money just to find out that my new acquired hardware has issues with the game or that there´were better hardware options to play it.

Thanks in advance
Old August 30th, 2005, 04:24 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road

Well I think that file from M256 was damn useful. M256 you are a great help thanks a million.
Old August 30th, 2005, 04:29 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road

I do have a proper souncard by the way and we are not inept just because we cannot get something that used to work to work properly again.
Old August 30th, 2005, 07:34 PM

Sergeant

Take it easy man¡¡

I´m sure Don didn´t mean it the way you´re putting it

I don´t know how to convert a mp3 file into a wav file and I don´t consider myself inept it´s just I haven´t read the instructions yet, I´m sure after that I will be able to.

But at the same time I don´t consider as geeks people who can, it´s just they have more free time. I guess
Old August 31st, 2005, 08:52 AM

Private

d64 is on a distinguished road

I also think it's not a bad idea to have the wav files downloadable. Not because I think converting them is hard, but because I believe people should avoid installing too many programs on their computers in this day and age.

One idea that came to me is that there are many freeware command-line sound converter programs available today, which are stand-alone executables and do not require installation, so maybe the sound directory could include one of those and a bat file that would batch-convert all the files just with one doubleclick of the mouse.

Also, as the wav files are pretty big, would there be any interest in a bittorrent containing them?

(Btw, for the record, I had the game crash fairly quickly before I converted the files to wav. I am using winxp but my soundcard is a 24/96 pci card, not integrated.)
Old October 22nd, 2005, 07:21 AM

Private

Beeblebrox is on a distinguished road

Hi, there.

Seems like the soundprobs went away for most people but me. I have the CD version and 2.0 patch. Sounddriver is the often problematic integrated AC97, processor AthlonXP 1600+, winXP, a fairly ordinary setup. However, I have never exeperienced any problems with this particular sound unit in any other game ever. Oh, and I did the Wave-stuff already. Doesn't work. game freezes in barely a round of action. Have I missed something? Are there more tricks to try?