winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 7th, 2017, 10:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: winSPMBT V11 upgrade for 2017

I realise it was only antipersonnel mines that were affected. I originally wanted the code to check for weight which would have allowed them to only affect vehicles but getting that integrated and working properly would be more than just a "bit tricky"..given a mine is a mine is a mine and affects friend and foe equally. What we did was better than continuing to ignore it ( and truth be told I didn't like playing battles with the damn things anyway )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 7th, 2017, 10:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

IronDuke99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
I realise it was only antipersonnel mines that were affected. I originally wanted the code to check for weight which would have allowed them to only affect vehicles but getting that integrated and working properly would be more than just a "bit tricky"..given a mine is a mine is a mine and affects friend and foe equally. What we did was better than continuing to ignore it ( and truth be told I didn't like playing battles with the damn things anyway )
I do see what you mean, but UK has retained stocks of mines, of assorted types, "for use in exceptional circumstances" ie, a major war.

So if UK ends up fighting Russia or China or North Korea or, maybe even the likes of Iran, they will use mines if they need to.

Last edited by IronDuke99; February 7th, 2017 at 10:26 AM..
Old February 7th, 2017, 10:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

PS,
out of those four nations, by far, the least likely for UK to fight is Russia, since neither side would really gain anything from having such a fight.
Old February 7th, 2017, 10:41 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fear not....in scenarios the British cannot lay mines but you can "hire" Koreans that can....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 7th, 2017, 11:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

Thanks, I note the Saudis were fairly recently caught using UK Cluster Bombs. I have nothing whatever to say in favour of the Saudis and would merely note UK cluster bombs would be better, for all concerned, in UK hands...
Old February 7th, 2017, 11:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yes, we could have played this all wink-wink-nudge-nudge but we didn't...live with it
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 7th, 2017, 07:35 PM

Corporal

Airborne Rifles is on a distinguished road

Very excited for this guys. Thanks for your hard work yet again!
Old February 8th, 2017, 07:23 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Units which manually turn to face a new hex may now draw opfire. This affects both infantry and vehicles at different ranges and there are random variables we tossed in to make in unpredictable but generally ( and the randoms we added really do mean "generally" ) in hex infantry movement could possibly attract opfire from enemy units up to 3 -5 hexes away (generally...). Vehicles shifting hull or turrets around could attract opfire from enemy units up to 10 hexes away ( and maybe a bit more... ). And all that depends on the enemy's training , morale, suppression level, vision rating and battle visibility etc. AS WELL AS your units training , morale, suppression level, visibility etc.. This new game feature was originally intended to stop players from turning their tanks in place to present their heaviest armour towards the most likely threat without attracting enemy attention. That was expanded to include swinging the turret as obviously that kind of movement if spotted by the enemy would naturally draw fire in a real battle situation and then that was expanded to include infantry as well. The bottom line is if you just want to "look around" to check your LOS use the } hotkey otherwise you risk drawing unwanted attention to your unit .
I have now replaced the preference for "Move and Shoot" with a switch for this feature, for those few players who might prefer to play the old way.

"Move and shoot" option was not used by anyone - likely not even if they were letting their 5 year old play!. The bits of code for move/fire deductions that referenced that "feature" are removed now.

Its under test at the moment but there doesn't seem to be any problems with it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old February 8th, 2017, 04:39 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Units which manually turn to face a new hex may now draw opfire. This affects both infantry and vehicles at different ranges and there are random variables we tossed in to make in unpredictable but generally ( and the randoms we added really do mean "generally" ) in hex infantry movement could possibly attract opfire from enemy units up to 3 -5 hexes away (generally...). Vehicles shifting hull or turrets around could attract opfire from enemy units up to 10 hexes away ( and maybe a bit more... ). And all that depends on the enemy's training , morale, suppression level, vision rating and battle visibility etc. AS WELL AS your units training , morale, suppression level, visibility etc.. This new game feature was originally intended to stop players from turning their tanks in place to present their heaviest armour towards the most likely threat without attracting enemy attention. That was expanded to include swinging the turret as obviously that kind of movement if spotted by the enemy would naturally draw fire in a real battle situation and then that was expanded to include infantry as well. The bottom line is if you just want to "look around" to check your LOS use the } hotkey otherwise you risk drawing unwanted attention to your unit .
I have now replaced the preference for "Move and Shoot" with a switch for this feature, for those few players who might prefer to play the old way.

"Move and shoot" option was not used by anyone - likely not even if they were letting their 5 year old play!. The bits of code for move/fire deductions that referenced that "feature" are removed now.

I am confused about the switch and what it does. Can you please explain, it looks like I am going through a phase.
Old February 8th, 2017, 04:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:

I am confused about the switch and what it does. Can you please explain, it looks like I am going through a phase.
IIRC, the "move and shoot" enabled vehicles and infantry to fire after movement with no penalty at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post: