.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 29th, 2012, 04:48 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Ermor healing and healing mechanics

The wiki entry on afflictions notes that "the ability [heal] does not work on undead units, or units with old age, these can only be healed by the Gift of Health spell, or the Chalice artifact."

This seems to correlate with my own experience as EA Ermor. Once a unit with old age gets an affliction from any source I have not yet seen a healer remove it (other than GoH or the chalice).

Some people seem to assume that there is a difference in how the game treats an affliction caused by old age from an affliction suffered by a unit with old age from a different source. This does not seem to be the case, which aligns with the wiki.
Old March 30th, 2012, 06:28 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbojones1971 View Post
Some people seem to assume that there is a difference in how the game treats an affliction caused by old age from an affliction suffered by a unit with old age from a different source. This does not seem to be the case, which aligns with the wiki.
Yeah, this is a popular bit of mis-infortmation that likes to pop-up every now and again and do the rounds. I'm guessing there is likely a bookmarked thread in the FAQ or Strategy Index that points to a thread where some idiot is saying that how a unit got the affliction makes a difference.

But there are no specific battlefield afflictions, old-age afflictions, overland map afflictions etc. There are simply just afflictions. And while there are certainly a variety of causes and ways for a unit to pick up an affliction, once they have picked it up, then they are all treated the same way regardless of the cause or the source.

Btw, Recuperation doesn't work on old age units either. Which makes the Recuperation trait on EA Ermor's Arch Bishop of the Sacred Shroud the most redundent unit-trait pairing in the game (I think).
Old April 1st, 2012, 05:35 AM

First Lieutenant

jimbojones1971 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post
Btw, Recuperation doesn't work on old age units either. Which makes the Recuperation trait on EA Ermor's Arch Bishop of the Sacred Shroud the most redundent unit-trait pairing in the game (I think).
Yes, this makes me very, very sad. Mind you I think EA Ermor is quite decent as-is under CBM 1.92 (Greater Augury is a great spell), its just that the recuperation trait for the Arch Bishops is a bit of a trap for new players (and for idiots like me).