BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 6th, 2018, 06:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: APC Development and related topics.

It's NOT 2015 in the game USMC OOB...it's 2017........now 1/2018 as Pat recommended....that is " close enough "

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 7th, 2018, 04:04 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

I didn't want this to get lost from the ref. as well, that beyond dates issues as I see it turned out, that the USMC will also be using the same FCS and ATGM as the USA. Might already again be addressed, so please bear with me as I'm almost running on fumes now, from the ref. as I last posted..."Second, the M220A3 TOW system is being replaced by the M41 SABER", (Mobile ITAS TOW) which is much more capable and effective. TI/GSR 60.

Concerning CADF STRYKER TUA the military bought the "Bunker Buster" TOW for them back in late 2007/early 2008. This off one of the links from the same ref. now reposted below.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...killers-07373/

Wanted to emphasize these points in my last but, just spaced them out-sorry for inconvenience, just now taking the long road around to avoid any rework on these units down the road. It was enough to present them the first time as old info was interspersed with these being tested with a different ATGM program that fell through as I remember which lead to also deleting a couple of units.

Anyway my weekend is here and our bed is calling to me. Good something where ever you are.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 7th, 2018, 11:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Since WinSPMBT treats bunkers as armored units it means any AT weapon is a "Bunker Buster" assuming it has enough armor pen.

This is a bit of a problem at times as VS any opponent with lots of ATGMs using fortifications can actually make your units more vulnerable then if you just used foxholes/emplacements/trenches.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old March 6th, 2018, 09:08 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Do we need to add the "New" version of the BRM-3K "Lynx" with 57mm automatic cannon AU-220M Baikal turret system?

http://militaryleak.com/brm-3k-recon...e-vehicle.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=2f66zIhENZ4

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old March 6th, 2018, 10:09 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Let me know when it rolls through Moscow in a parade......

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 7th, 2018, 03:32 AM

Lieutenant General

This sounds like the Russian BRM-3K RYS which was a purposed Recon vehicle developed in late 80's early 90's and reveled in 1993. Then it operated with a 30mm/7.62mm turret. It's a prototype, that now seems to be a test bed for that newer weapons system.

"Early in 1995, it was disclosed that this vehicle is referred to as the BRM combat reconnaissance vehicle in the Russian Army, or the Lynx (Rys). It is also known as the BMP-3K."

Everyone loves a parade, however, look where that's gotten us with the ARMATA, ALTAY and ARJUN Mk II!?! They all have had them and we've been changing dates ever since, to include this patch if the inputs were used. It's something we REALLY like doing.

Again Russian Defense Ministry Asst. Sec. said the ARMATA might not see serial production until 2025, as I posted last week.

Last I looked into this site it was Russian not too bad, but was wrong on the Turkish LEOPARDS, I have a hard time forgiving them for that one, though it was one of the best I thought I had at the time.
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product701.html
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product5170.html
http://www.tank-net.com/forums/index...howtopic=41909
http://armyrecognition.com/idex_2015...un_turret.html

No reports on a quick check that the UAE got these for their ENIGNA 8x8 IFV units. Seems to be discussion that the T-15 ARMATA and KURGANETS 25 IFV's are slated to have this turret.

The ONLY problem with vacations, no matter how long, is that they end. Go back on Thur. but, not before I see the "tax man" later this evening.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 7th, 2018 at 03:54 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 15th, 2018, 11:57 AM

Lieutenant General

After 3+ years of tracking the LAND 400 Program and having made my prediction of the winner, once all the other competitors were lined up, I can now say "I called the shot." Rheinmetall's been contracted to provide the ADF with at least 211 BOXER Recon vehicles armed with the LANCE turret. Those vehicles are expected to be around for 30 years and will gradually replace their current recon vehicles over time. Ref. 3 will paint the best picture overall of the developments and capabilities of the BOXER for the ADF.
http://www.army-technology.com/news/...r-crvs-4-09bn/
http://www.armyrecognition.com/march...0_program.html
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/

I'll stay on it until they get it.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 15th, 2018 at 12:44 PM..
Old March 15th, 2018, 01:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image12_rev.png
Views:	195
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	15341  

Last edited by DRG; April 12th, 2018 at 07:53 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 16th, 2018, 01:08 AM

Lieutenant General

He's always showing off!?! Don they look good. And if there's time for ICON work, which he likes, the mood must be good and the Patch testing is going well to this point, or it could just simply mean, I wasn't asking for them to be entered

Regards,
Pat

Old March 16th, 2018, 01:22 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Personally I'm going to be VERY interested to see the changes to the passenger capacity of the upgraded USMC AAVs. Fitting the units that make up a "standard" USMC Rifle Platoon and Company plus the necessary transport into the ten slot formations has always been a challenge. There are some disadvantages to those 13-man squads.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein