This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 12th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Cold War 2020 Mod for WinSPMBT v4.5!

For your information everyone, I will try to post an update to R.C.0.7 in the coming weeks.

It is meant to correct some reported OOB and scenario bugs, and add some new scenarios.
A new installer will be posted in place of the current one, which you will be able to install on top of the CW2020 mod.

Greetings!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:29 AM

Captain

Disk Re: New Cold War 2020 Mod with extra side of scenarios!

As promised, you will find at the usual location on Fabio Prado's site a new R.C.0.71 install for the Cold War 2020 Mod for WinSPMBT v4.5:

http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/winspmbt.htm

Lots of OOB and scenario bugs left over in R.C.0.7 corrected, plus the following new scenarios, some new, some adapted from existing ones:
(after all, no point in adding North Korea and South Korea and not use them)

-#259 "Rocky Road to Yonchon"
This is a by-the-books North Korean infantry assault directed at the road linking Seoul to the border town of Ch'orwon.
As the NPKA commander of a half-regiment of foot infantry, you will have to walk your troops across the mountains and rivers to break the South Korean line. Take advantage of low visibility and a horribly broken terrain to close in before being wiped out by massed defensive firepower.
The opposition is quite limited in this version, so it shouldn't be too difficult if you play smarter than the average IA.

-#260 "Rocky Road to Yonchon"
As the name indicates, this is a redux of the previous scenario, only now the going gets tough. Without revealing too much, in the previous version the ratio of assaulting vs defending forces was around 3:1, now it is much closer to 1:1 and you have been shorn of lots of your support assets. Not the most strategically significant operation on the whole front, y'see. Oh, and the morning fog lifted earlier as planned, so better spare that smoke for when you need it.

-#261 "Inchon Sea-Air-Land"
Not much to relate to for those familiar with the history of the original Korea War.
This scenario revolves around the new Inchon International Airport built offshore between the Yeongjong-Yongyu Islands. With the war breaking out, it is becoming a major hub for overseas supplies coming to South Korea.
Therefore, you will be leading a small task force of North Korean amphibious and airborne commandos to seize the approaches of the airport and cripple its operating capacities as much as possible before real ROKA troops come to crush you.
All your commandos are carried on hovercraft and light helicopters, so mobility is on your side. Oh, and naval support too.

-#262 "Raid by the ROK"
Again, as the name indicates, this is scenario #200 from Ulf adapted to the Cold War 2020 mod.
For those who haven't played the original, this is a heliborne commando raid by South Korean forces on a WMD center deep within DPRK territory.
Opposition has been a bit beefed up in this version, but friendly forces are still able to hold their own. Let's say technology has been drunk into the gutter, beaten stiff and shanghaied to Korea (some more, I mean) to spice things up a bit.

-#263 "Into the DMZ"
Again an adaptation of Ulf's #201 scenario, adapted to the CWM OOBs and setting.
This one is about ROKA forward forces (counter*)attacking into Northern territory (to set the Northern offensive off balance*).
Now with the added twist that a completely mechanized force has to cross a river, forest, and enemy fortifications.
*For those who know the original scenario series, I changed the storyline more than a bit (kinda had to). Don't worry, it's all explained in the scenario texts. At length

-#264 "Committed to the Fray"
Adaptation of Ulf's scenario #202.
A Stryker battalion from the US 1st Infantry Division follows on to the ROKA offensive into the open terrain around Kaesong. This unit has to navigate across farmland and around villages harboring stronger-than-expected resistance from local forces.
Not many changes in the principle here, only you're getting the whole 2009 CWM kit on the US side, including M-8 rifles, SRAWs, CKEMs, and Comanches! Don't worry for the poor North Koreans, they have enough to stand their ground if you're not careful.

-#265 "The Reluctant Warriors"
Adaptation of Ulf's scenario #205.
Columns of Japanese light forces supporting the South Korean war effort are patrolling the rear area looking for NKPA stragglers to mop up. Sadly for them, they end up finding some.
Again, the general layout of the scenario is mostly unchanged here. Just wanted to mess around with my Japanese as well.

All these scenarios were modified with the original author's informed consent.
These scenarios will probably be significantly modified in the next release, so get'em while they're here! I will try to add several more next time around.

Hope you all enjoy this!

Regards,

Plasma
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:52 PM

Corporal

SGTGunn is on a distinguished road

Awesome Mod!

Are there any plans to provide information on some of the hypothetical vehicles and weapons systems in the game i.e. US Army M13 Block 3 MSV, etc.?

I'd love to be able to read up on the "specs" and "development history" of the new equipment.

Thx,

Adrian
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:08 AM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTGunn View Post
Awesome Mod!

Are there any plans to provide information on some of the hypothetical vehicles and weapons systems in the game i.e. US Army M13 Block 3 MSV, etc.?

I'd love to be able to read up on the "specs" and "development history" of the new equipment.
Could be, could be...

It's true I haven't gone into much detail on the US side. Some Soviet and Eastern European materials are already more researched, in part because they are much more fictional than the Block-III vehicles (or Comanche or Crusader: for those I could just comment "did not die as IRL") and therefore need more design follow-through. This is particularly true for the convoluted history of Soviet tanks.

But maybe I'll add some texts for the US materials, this could prove interesting.
Old August 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM

Private

strykerpsg is on a distinguished road

Plasma,

First, thanks for making this great game even greater! I really loved your first edition add on and looked forward to this current one with the two Koreas modded. However, I have found quite a few of the icons missing vehicles and lbm pics. While the lbm's are not critical, the icons would be nice to have. Have you posted an updated Korean oob with the missing icons added? Also, I thought perhaps it might have been my edition of the game that was distorted by the addon, but deleted and re-installed everything and they are still missing. Thanks

Matt