Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old July 11th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road
Default Belarus

Well, this is realy strange. There is no Belarus OOB in SPMBT! I'm shocekd ! I mean: big country near the center of Europe, with large and well-equipped military, ruled by Stalin-like communist dictator Lukashenko... It's ideal country to place in game, eh? (Not so ideal to have as a neighbour, through. )
Old July 11th, 2005, 03:59 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Belarus

Sadly, there is room for only so many OOBs in the game...

OOB Red is meant for any kind of unspecified Eastern-Europe country, perfect for civil wars...

Otherwise try the Ukrainian OOB, and you can even try to build your very own Belarus OOB and post it here!
Old July 11th, 2005, 04:17 PM

Corporal

MacGalin is on a distinguished road

Well, the closest oob to belarus is... well, Russia. The best way to implement Belo. units in game would be to put them in russian OOB.

BTW: These two counteries are in close political / economical alliance (far closer than the rest of CIS) - im not sure of the english translation but its called something like like Union of Belarus & Russia (UBeR - great acronym. ) Polish version of the name is even better: "Zwiazek Bialorusi i Rosji" - "ZBiR", wich literaly means Bandit / Thug .

I'm not joking, it's official.
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:48 PM

Corporal

Location: Cleveland, OH (Yeah I know, you don\'t need to say anything)
kevin is on a distinguished road

This is off subject, but does the CIS still exist? I havn't heard it mentioned in over 10 years.
Old July 12th, 2005, 07:34 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
MacGalin said:
Well, this is realy strange. There is no Belarus OOB in SPMBT! I'm shocekd ! I mean: big country near the center of Europe, with large and well-equipped military, ruled by Stalin-like communist dictator Lukashenko... It's ideal country to place in game, eh? (Not so ideal to have as a neighbour, through. )
The RED OOB is for FUSSR oobs where not done separately.

RED versus some ex-WARPACT states post break up will generate "byelorussia" as a battle location. e.g Poland versus RED in 2000, or UKR vs RED, Russia vs RED gives "Former USSR" (it can represent any war against a former satellite nation). Others may generate "the balkans" which is a good enough catch-all for "Middle Europe". (battle location can change depending on who is P1 - depends if one nation is "dominant" in the battle location code).

This is of course, already noted in the historical Design notes section of the manual:
Quote:

The RED OOB, prior to the break-up of the USSR is a sort of 'Balkan' OOB, using Soviet kit. After the break-up of the FUSSR, it becomes a generic stand in for those FUSSR states which do not have their own OOB, when playing against Russia or Turkey. Playing against Poland, it becomes Byelorussia, as it does against Ukraine. Playing against China, it represents an Eastern FUSSR state, with rather flatter terrain, and less chance of urban areas. To the rest, it remains a 'Balkan' OOB. The OOB also contains generic Soviet-backed insurgents, rebels, government forces, terrorists and more.

In other words - RED can be many things, e.g. it can be used for an insurgent OOB in Africa (the African countries location code tends to dominate the RED one). See the modified OOB by Troopie for a light-infantry RED African insurgents opponent OOB.

The GREEN OOB and UN are explained in that section of the manual as well.

Cheers
Andy