.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old February 4th, 2010, 08:33 AM

Private

Rubeus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Hello to all!

I´m writing from Spain and joining up to this forum of this great game.

I ordered "Dominions 3" last Tuesday, so I´m waiting for receive it (maybe next week...; eager... ). I hope learning to play soon, and enjoy one of your MP (I´m reading some AARs and they´re spectacular! Amazing ).

Best regards,

Rubeus
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:50 PM

Corporal

Krec is on a distinguished road

you will not be disapointed, there is a little bit of a learning curve , but the game is very fun
Old February 9th, 2010, 10:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

Stagger Lee is on a distinguished road

Hi guys.

Now that my first MP game has ended (for me anyway), I can say that I actually enjoyed wrecking the glorious empire of C'tis on the rocks of MP diplomacy and DRNs. I think I'll stick around a while.

I've been strategy gaming for 30+ years (AH games Midway, Tobruk, Richtoffen's War, Panzer Blitz,....). My brother and I used to go to the local hobby shop looking for the latest issue of Wargamer's Digest. Played Ultima V on my younger brother's Tandy 1000(I think), and started looking for good computer games. Finally broke down and bought myself a top of the line 486 dx2/66 with 8 MB RAM, and it was on! MOO was lots of fun. I still remember the galaxy layouts of some of my huge, impossible games. I still play MOM occasionally(DOSbox), MOO2, the Civ games, HOMM up to 3 (still have that one), Disciples2, and lots of others.

Hadn't bought a new game in years, finally got some time to play again, and got GalCiv2 & Dom3. GalCiv2 is fun, but I guess I'm not getting back to that for a while.
Old February 11th, 2010, 06:05 AM

Private

Boores is on a distinguished road

Hi, i´m 32 years old from Spain. I like Dominions 3 too much, is a cool adiction Congratulations Ilwinter and Sharpnel, a Game that is a Jewel.
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I love this. A game that is years old and the "Introduce Yourself" thread still reads like an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. "Hi, my name is Gandalf. And Im a Dom3 Addict"
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:16 AM

Private

Viden is on a distinguished road

Hi! There's another Dom3 fan growing the Spanish community even more . This time 20 years old and from Barcelona, on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:47 AM

Private

DeSangre is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
33 from Italy here. You can find me on the IRC channel mostly, where I discuss high-level strategies without even knowing how to guard my commander.

But it's all about having fun isn't it?
Old February 22nd, 2010, 01:17 AM

Private

SplendidTuesday is on a distinguished road

'Ello. 16 year old here, had Dominions 3 for several months now, and signing up to the forums because I want to play in a multiplayer game.

From the U.S., if that counts for anything (which it probably doesn't).
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:23 PM

Private

feniel is on a distinguished road

Hi another fan from Spain. I'm 29 years old.

I bought this game one year ago but I didn't play any MP game until now. A completely new world.
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Private

MadGiraffe is on a distinguished road

Hiya!

21 years old dutch guy here, just recently found out about this little gem of a game and I love it!
I usually am not really one for strategy games, more of an action/rpg/puzzle gamer mostly, having only second hand experience with the Total War series and some basic experience with Warcraft 1-3 (which didn't require much long term planning so it was easy on little me).
Still very much trying to get the hang of the game, but I love the depth and diversity of it, so I'll get trough it....eventually.

I'll also spend quite some time on helping to give the graphics some overall much needed polishing and maybe thinking up an own nation if I get to it, being a fairly creative 2d/3d artist myself. (hoping to update some of the 3d as well in the game if I can figure out how, I know basic shader language if that'll get me anywhere..)

Anyway, I'll see you around! And hopefully I won't bother you guys too much and actually contribute to the community.