winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old May 9th, 2018, 08:10 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road
Default SP23Ed for SPWW2?

SP23Ed

I found an old executable named SP23Ed by Fred Chlanda, the help document states that:

Quote:
SP23Ed is a 32-bit MS Windows(tm) program which is intended to be a more convenient way to edit scenario files than the editors built into SSI's Steel Panthers 2 and 3. It also can be used to edit saved game files. Some of the things that can be edited include leader stats, weapon types, ammo, unit position, and most other unit values that are stored in the scenario file. Some game parameters can also be edited which should be of particular interest to players of long campaigns. A battle summary lists all of the units (starting and current) of a particular type together. Finally, unit data can be exported to and imported from a spreadsheet so that fields not directly accessible from SP23Ed can be easily changed.

What I was interested in was this bit: "A battle summary lists all of the units (starting and current) of a particular type together."

Is there some external tool that SPWW2 has that can do this?

What I am getting at is there some way to make some sort of a campaign tracker tool so one could see how things progress in a campaign?

I am not particularly interested in editing units or maps just getting at the saved data files and displaying a summary or detailed account of an ongoing campaign in say like a spreadsheet or some other tool.
Old May 12th, 2018, 03:34 PM

Corporal

lukerduker123 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SP23Ed for SPWW2?

Quote:
Finally, unit data can be exported to and imported from a spreadsheet so that fields not directly accessible from SP23Ed can be easily changed.
Does that mean that I can create an OOB on one map and copy-paste it to another in less than five minutes? Man, that'd be swell.
Old May 12th, 2018, 06:31 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukerduker123 View Post
Quote:
Finally, unit data can be exported to and imported from a spreadsheet so that fields not directly accessible from SP23Ed can be easily changed.
Does that mean that I can create an OOB on one map and copy-paste it to another in less than five minutes? Man, that'd be swell.
Not an OOB but same units even if modified can you not just save it as a scenerio change/modifythe map and save as another scenerio.
Much like a user campaign.
Old May 13th, 2018, 02:33 AM

Corporal

lukerduker123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukerduker123 View Post
Quote:
Not an OOB but same units even if modified can you not just save it as a scenerio change/modifythe map and save as another scenerio.
Much like a user campaign.
So, to make sure I understand this:

Let's say I have a platoon lead by a guy named Tim. If I used this feature it'd copy over his platoon, along with the stats of his units (Morale, experience, ect)? I don't expect it to use the kill-counter, of course.
Old May 14th, 2018, 01:22 PM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

So the spirit of my post was lost or misunderstood. Really what I was asking was if we had a tool that would track things. I'll post another thread with links to a GitHub repo that I found and was wondering how or if we can have a tool like that to track our campaign games. Essentially I am javascript, typescript programmer with background in java, the code was written in C++ and it works on SPWAW campaign saved files to track various things and it's pretty awesome. I checked out the repo and was playing with it, to see if I can work on SPWW2 saved files but the data is a big mystery to me. I'll post a new thread and a link shortly.