winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old April 16th, 2017, 11:23 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Campaign: Review Unit

The first one with post 9 or the new one with post 25 ? I didn't have a problem with the one with 25 but I did see issues with the one with post 9

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 16th, 2017, 11:33 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

Sorry - I wasn't clear.

With BOTH saved games I didn't get the blank review problem (although with post #9 save I did get SOME units with SS ranks)

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
Old April 17th, 2017, 08:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Campaign: Review Unit

OK, you are seeing mostly the same that I see but with a difference . Last night when I posted my reply I saw exactly what you saw with save from 9....no blank screen, some SS ranks and the rank issue seems to be tied to damage....the ones that have damage...most of them...show SS ranks which is itself " interesting" but apparently harmless as once they have been restored to " health " with fix all that goes away and ( so far ) does not come back and right now I'm thinking this relates to the switch from V9 to V10 but last night I did not see the blank screen when I loaded that save and I loaded it twice...this morning I loaded it.....no blank screen.....started this reply and tried again......no blank screen but on the third reload.......

so this joyful little mystery is inconsistent....but merely a minor annoyance as a "fix all" or pressing continue then exit and reloading usually clears it ( for awhile anyway )

BUT....... I may have discovered a pattern but it remains to be seen if it is truly repeatable.... if, after game passes from the promotions to the rebuild screen you click on any unit BEFORE pressing review you will not get a blank screen when you press review then select a unit but if the first thing you do is press review then select a unit you are more likely to trip the bug and get a blank screen ( but not always sometimes it works normally when you follow that pattern ) but that theory only seems to work with the save from 9.... so far I have not been able to get a blank from the last one and I have tried at least a dozen times.

If ANYONE else sees this when they are playing we would appreciate it being reported and a save would be nice

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blank.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	14701  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 17th, 2017 at 08:54 AM..
Old April 17th, 2017, 02:35 PM

Corporal

Warnevada is on a distinguished road

I don't know if it makes a difference, but the exact sequence for my last save was 1) Fix All, 2) Review (got blank screen).
Old April 17th, 2017, 05:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK...that's new info. I have never tried that sequence....... Fix all cleared the first save......

Ok.....just tried that exact sequence three times with the post 25 save and no blank screen.

Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:27 PM

Private

calvins is on a distinguished road

I have seen blank review screens often with a generated campaign.

The work around i use is to select "expand core", then "exit". After this, review works like normal.

I don't have a save to share (campaign finished) but maybe this work around offers some hint as to the source.

I really enjoy this game, been playing too much lately.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calvins For This Useful Post:
Old May 2nd, 2017, 11:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I've noted down what you did and we'll see if that helps offer any insight into its origins.....when did you first start noticing this?

We're glad you're enjoying the game otherwise. We'll eventually track this down but it's being slippery

Last edited by DRG; May 2nd, 2017 at 11:27 PM..
Old November 7th, 2017, 09:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

jivemi is on a distinguished road

Got the same blank screen twice after campaign battles #7 & 8 (Sovs vs Germans, June 43-April 44). Both were winter battles, first ones of the campaign. Number 7 was a Soviet advance, #8 a Soviet assault. Previously unit review had worked without problems.

An alternate workaround is, hit the "Change" button, select a unit to change, then exit the change menu. Unit review worked fine afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to jivemi For This Useful Post:
Old November 8th, 2017, 01:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanks. I had planned to ask if anyone had experienced that lately... Now I know

Old November 11th, 2017, 02:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Campaign: Review Unit

We **THINK** Andy has this fixed. So far testing the one save I know would sometimes produce the bug so far hasn't but I've only tested in 8-9 times but so far it's not re-occurred.

That said if anyone has a save that will show blank every time please post it so I can test this EXE with it

Don