Post deleted by baggypants
Old October 17th, 2007, 08:12 AM

BANNED USER

chuckfourth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 90th Division remarks

Hi Boggypants
Quote:
baggypants said:
morale value in SP seems to encompass so much more that the name 'morale' is a bit deceptive and seems to envision so many other things that the aforementioned confidence in leadership is better modelled in rally ratings.
You seem a little confused here perhaps in a similar way to how you dont understand squad tactics.
You mean to say
"Morale value in SP seems to encompass so much LESS" According to help the only thing encompassed by the game Morale rating so far is Rallying ability. I would be pretty sure that Rallying value and Morale value is the same thing
Perhaps the designers could clear this up?
ALso this has nothing to do with campaigns its about what the Morale value really is.
Chuck.
Old October 17th, 2007, 08:41 AM

BANNED USER

Hi Baggypants
There is no evidence that US forces "break contact easily but recover quickly". So stop worrying about any "proper effects"
Quote:
baggypants said:
Operational level doctrine is the guiding light for tactical level implementation.

This is meaningless statement
The British squad was every bit as aggressive in 44 as it was in 40. this has nothing to do with operational considerations. Something you may have missed, being aggressive reduces casualties.
And of course on an operational level I guess your going to tell me operation Market Garden wasnt aggressive.

[/quote]
Quote:
baggypants said:
As far as the US being on par with the Germans defensively,

Theirs no need to break it down into defensive and offensive Morale(Rallying) affects Both.
Quote:
baggypants said:
I was arguing that shortfalls in one division did not reflect the training standard of all the other divisions.
You continue to ignore the Levenworth article
http://cgsc.leavenworth.army.mil/car...er/doubler.asp
, Kasserine, Anzio etc the shortfalls are clearly not restricted to the 90th.
When on a joint training Exercise with the Americans in Hawaii we had many interestig experiences one that is particularily relevent is this.
When we arrived we noticed that the Americans were in the habit of shooting off a few rounds in the morning. This was great fun until it was noticed that somebody was shooting real bullets through the pup tents, though this was a great lark it was decided some action should be taken so the General was called in. We formed up the General got driven up jumped out of his jeep gave a long speech about how great a job we were all doing and took off. If discipline isnt enforced during Peacetime it wont be there when the war starts. Oh yes and we did a lot of section attacks using Laser Equipment, can you guess what methods we used? can you guess who cleaned up the Yanks?
Guess what, you make me sick.
Chuck.
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:02 AM

Corporal

baggypants is on a distinguished road

I can't imagine what I have done to make you sick, Chuck, other than making longer posts than you. But what makes you ill is your business.
I can clearly see that your vast "training" experiences (even thought your Hawaii story seems strangely incoherant) outweights my 10 years in the Infantry with actual combat deployment. I shall leave you content in your wannabe kingdom, confident in your beliefs that war is book rehearsed tactics and the long winded application of percentages and probability. I hope one day you may experience more than just 'laser tag' and you may find like I did that while the MILES combat simulation system is an excellent training tool, it does not teach the full lessons of real combat.
FYI, when visiting units train at US bases, the 'guest' always win. The British, French, German, South Korean, Honduran units I had the honor of training with in my past were just as pleasant to the varied units I have served with. Come to think of it, you always hear "training stories" where people go somewhere and "kick butt", but how many times have you heard the reverse? Strange how so many units go places and always win without meeting the 'losers'.
But nevermind, I won't be concerned with your views anymore.
Ta-Ta and good luck to this forum.
Old October 17th, 2007, 06:04 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
baggypants said:
Ta-Ta and good luck to this forum.
Baggypants, don't judge the whole forum because of one poster..., I mean you don't make me sick - I think it has been a pretty interesting discussion...
Old October 17th, 2007, 06:28 PM

BANNED USER

Hi BaggyPants
My you have a short memory. What makes me sick is your comment that my description of an "aggressive" squad attack "Made you puke" because it was staff college book learning or something, I would have a clearer description for you if you hadn't convieniently removed the offending post. Seems your not very good at swallowing your own medicine are you?
You have Brought some very pertinent and relevant information to the Forum thanks for that, I guess you are showing your American Break contact quickly character? lets hope you can recover quickly.
Chuck.
Old October 17th, 2007, 06:45 PM

First Lieutenant

PanzerBob is on a distinguished road

I'll second that motion, Wulfir.

Prosit!

"Whenever in future wars the battle is fought, panzer troops will play the decisive role..."
Heinz Guderian, General der Panzertruppe
Old October 17th, 2007, 08:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

BaggyPants, Chucky has a real talent for pissing people off and you're not the first person to give up on this forum becasue of him. We suggested some time ago that he be ignored. Most people who get into "discussions" like this with him end up as fed up as you so trust me, you're not alone.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....