.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space > Scenarios and Mods

Old May 27th, 2008, 11:01 PM

Private

Mobbex is on a distinguished road
Default My first mod

Me and a friend are working on sharpening our modding skills. For now we're trying to add a ship to the game. Yeah, we're pretty green

I made some sprites using the mod guide, and ,apparently, something's gone wrong (I know, you're shocked ). The sprites look all right to me but the game won't divide them properly. Instead of one big ship with lights on it, I get the whole thing, turrets and all, scaled down so much you can barely see it.

At first I thought the frames were messed up, but I checked them and they look right, so I'm kind of lost right now.

Sorry if I'm not being clear, english is not my mother tongue. I've attached the mod to this file if you want to have a look at it (it's an artless mess, we're just trying to get it to run).

Any help would much appreciated!

EDIT: We took the hardpoint locations from the Mizendar mod, but we won't be using them in our final mod. As I said, this is just a test run to get our graphics to work.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 610034-firefly.zip (71.9 KB, 255 views)
Old May 28th, 2008, 06:47 PM

Corporal

clomaka is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My first mod

The main thing is that you need to make sure the the ini file that defines the frames matches the name of the main graphic (so rename firefly.ini to ter_fir.ini).

As a side note, make sure that the third frame has 64 for its dimentions (instead of 65). I'm not sure if that'll crash anything, but that's what it should be.