Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:21 AM

Corporal

zastava128 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Czechoslovak OOB37 and Slovak OOB01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaS TrooP View Post
I some sort of inconsistency here.

At one point you intentionally add PHK Corps for "what if" scenarios, just to make them accessible for what if scenarios, even if 1945+ CSLA scenario is highly unlikely - and yu make all your work to do that even if people can buy UK units in captured mode.

Then you literally refuse to add 1-2 additional companies of infantry on the very same basis and shift availability to 8/44 to make them historically accessible - by argumenting that you can buy units in captured mode.

Maybe I get into your way, I do scenarios - not TOEs. But for the love of God, if it is few minutes work and adds significant amount of units to one of the nations - why not? Won't that make the game better?
Personally I'm of the opinion that such units shouldn't have been added in the first place, primarily because if you wanted to be consistent then the list would be absolutely enormous.

For example, if the Czechoslovak troops are added, then one could also make a case for adding additional units and formations for all the Axis minor nation troops that participated as part of the Wehrmacht in the invasion of the USSR, all the non-German Waffen-SS units, tiny partisan factions, obscure pro-Axis police units...

That would be a huge amount of work, but only a handful of players would ever use those units. On the other hand, if the designers put their time in improving other aspects of the game, it would be appreciated by a far greater number of people.
The Following User Says Thank You to zastava128 For This Useful Post: