Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old August 2nd, 2005, 06:11 PM

Private

Vinny is on a distinguished road
Default What Changes in the CD Version

I noticed that the version in my CD install is no longer 1.00. What's new, besides the map editor, resolution increases and the other published stuff?
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:06 PM

Private

Jim1954 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What Changes in the CD Version

I noticed that the delay between ordnance impact and explosion is significantly reduced on my install.
Old August 5th, 2005, 12:46 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Jim1954 said:
I noticed that the delay between ordnance impact and explosion is significantly reduced on my install.
The original plan was to release the patch for the downloadable version at the same time the CD version was released then both games would be in sync for bugfixes. OOB changes etc etc etc. A list of changes was to be issued at the same time and the people owning the CD's wouldn't need to install the patch becasue all the fixes would have been included with the CD

Plans usually end up in disarray and that was the case here as well.

After the CD version was "pressed" we, of course, found other things we felt needed fixing as well so we gave up on the idea of a patch only for the downloaded version. The patch, when it's released, will upgrade both the DL version and the CD version.

Here is the list of changes made to the CD version that will be included in the patch for the DL version

================

This patch contains the following changes and additions for the v1.01 Upgrade ( already included in the CD version )

1) Points were not correctly charged for elite or second-rate troops when bought by the human player - fixed

2) The cost calculaton was done in floating point, leading to rounding down when e.g. a squad at 15 was revalued to 15.75 points, was reduced back to 15 when converted back to integer. Now rounds up to 16 before returning.

3) Combat sounds had short delays after them left over from the old DOS sound system which only played one track at a time. These have been removed, as well as reducing some delays on user messages appearing during combat sequences. Sounds should be quicker, and the delay when a unit was destroyed is gone.

4) A problem in XP which could cause a crash (and very rarely in Windows 98) when deleting formations on purchasing when the formation spanned 2 pages was fixed. Now when a formation is deleted, the entire list is recalculated.

5) Air weapons were not showing correctly in the scenario editor change weapons dialogue. The weapons list now shows all potential weapons, and since there was only room on the screen for 120 weapons we have added 3 "pages" accessed by entering negative numbers as the page number. -1 for page 1, -2 for weapons 120+ and -3 for weapond 200+.

6) Casualties for paratroops landing has been revised. Small one man teams should have less casualties on landing, as should vehicles especially the "airborne APC" class. Ammo containers no longer explode when dropped

7) Numerous OOB fixes - UK , Netherlands, India, and east Germany have had more work that some but a number of nations using 'Carl Gustaves" had them classed incorrectly in the weapons list and those have been corrected. There were a few other minor issued that resulted in all OOB's being point recalculated.

8) I new Scenarios added #107 Raid into Honduras 1986

9) 2 Scenarios reworked . Scenario #1 has been extensively revised and sceanrio #28 has had minor alterations

10) Game Options master Control Programme now exposes 2 variables that were only available through INI file editing.

A] Graphics delay is the minimum wait time between screen redraws,
and
B] Unit |Move delay controls the time units wait between multiple hex moves.

11) Game Messages Delay has been changed to work in roughly 1/4 second intervals and not 1/2 second. In addition, a user-editable modifier has been added to the INI file [game] section for those who require to radically aler the base messages delay level.

12) Instructions have been added to the sub folder of \Game Data\Sounds for people who may encounter sound problems on their computers when using the MP3 sound files in the game. We did not include WAV files as comparable quality WAV's would have added 144MB to the amount of HD space used by the game but we have included step by step instructions for those few players who may encounter dificulties

13) There have been a few minor alterations to some vehicle SHP files

14) a few photos used by the OOB's have been revised

15) a correction has been made to the Sounds.INI file that prevented the PPsh sound FX from playing in the game

16) two in game help texts have been revised

17) The game manual has been corrected to give you more information on the additional controls added to the GameOptions Misc page

18) UAV now considerd high flyers, above rifle and AAMG height and require proper AA guns and SAM to engage.

19) Bugs with Allied units showing the wrong experience level and ID tag were fixed.

20) Bug with points not being correctly charged for unit experience and morale levels fixed.

21) Bug where pressing previous page after a formation was deleted in the purchase screen occasionally crashed the PC fixed.

22) Bug where having more than 23 of a particular unit type simultaneously available caused the units to be unpurchaseable fixed. Now if more than 23 of a type are available att he first time, only the first 23 are displayed rather than declaring a formation invalid.

23) In the advance or delay with the traditional victory hex clusters, occasionaly these were displayed off the bottom of narow maps under 40 hexes tall. Now fixed.

24) Bug where pressing escape in the map save screen after changing your mind on the selected save slot - fixed.

25) A bug whereby units in a campaign which used ARENA or VIRSS did not have the shots restored - fixed

The following changes have been added AFTER the CD version went gold which, when added to either the DL or CD version will upgrade both games to ver 1.02 ..

26) Iraqi Picklist altered to give a more accurate " insurgent" type force composition for the AI and includes a further revised OOB

27) NVA Picklist altered to give a few armoured vehicles to the AI once in awhile while US forces are still engaged plus added APC infantry after the USA departed

28) There was a bug when the AI was buying 1/50th of the force value as mines in defence then 20% more if it was a river crossing or beach assault. - in campaign battles only. -FIXED

29) added "Dragons teeth" to hex mouse-over, if DTare in the hex and added "Mines" to hex mouse over if mines detected in a hex

30) AI was sometimes deploying units in lakes. FIXED

31) A "mission" button has been added to the deployment screen ( Useful if you saved during deploy, and came back 2 weeks later and forgot your mission)

31) "In scenarios, if the "reaction turn" is set to "turn 98" units will hold in place for the entire game and not counter attack to re-take V-Hexes. This includes both advance and assault and delay and defend scenarios"

32) Merkava MICV "Nemer" Icon added

33) AA radars will now spot planes and helos at ranges beyond the firing unit's ground vision rating

That's it, to date. I would like to get this patch released this month sometime and as noted, will upgrade BOTH versions of the game

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old August 5th, 2005, 03:05 PM

Corporal

Alby is on a distinguished road

Wow that looks great to me!!
thanks for all the hard work!
Lt. Col. William Barrett Travis- The Alamo-1836

Old August 5th, 2005, 03:07 PM

Private

WestKent5097 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that comprehensive list and putting the time into making these corrections.

Let me see if I've got this correct:

For those with the CD: Only need V1.02 patch
For those with DL: Need both V1.01 and V1.02 patch.

Will the V1.02 patch also include V1.01 bundled together or will it be necessary to make two downloads? I get the impression from what you say that their will only be one fix all patch to download which will take DL straight to V1.02. Correct?

Regards,

Matthew
Old August 5th, 2005, 03:54 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
WestKent5097 said:
Thanks for that comprehensive list and putting the time into making these corrections.

Let me see if I've got this correct:

For those with the CD: Only need V1.02 patch
For those with DL: Need both V1.01 and V1.02 patch.

Will the V1.02 patch also include V1.01 bundled together or will it be necessary to make two downloads? I get the impression from what you say that their will only be one fix all patch to download which will take DL straight to V1.02. Correct?

Regards,

Matthew

Both patches are rolled into the ver1.02 patch so everyone can download one patch and get everything up-to-date. In this case the guys with the CD just get some of it again. It's less confusing for everyone when there is only one patch. It STARTED life as one patch ( ver1.01 ) but grew to include fixes that occured after the CD had been pressed so now it's a full patch that everyone will need.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:51 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Here are the latest changes to the patch list

Don

================================================== ====================================

34) The list of a campaign core force units on the upgrade/fix/review screen between battles (if allowed to refit) - was indexing incorrectly - in large cores you only saw 2-3 pages becasue the bug was skipping pages in the middle and showing first, second and last generally- FIXED

35) There were occasions when some maps said "town" or "city" etc, but none appeared or only a few villages seemed to appear. FIXED

36) Changes made to "Carry capacity" and "Carry cost" did not stick when changed in the editor. FIXED

37) Visibility can now be changed from the "View Map" screen. Previously this could only be changed before starting a battle. This allows players a second chance to do this while setting up a game ( for PBEM for example ) and now allows campaign players the option of adjusting the visibility during campaign games

38) There was a minor bug in the "View Map" screen where pressing ESC would not allow you to back out of that function without selecting a map number first. FIXED-- Pressing ESC while in the "Change Map ID" subscreen of the "View Map" screen will now properly exit that screen without having to enter a map ID number first

Old August 8th, 2005, 06:09 AM

Sergeant

JaM is on a distinguished road

Changing visibility in View Map is great,it is frustrating allways restart battle if i get vis 1 or 2 in 1950, where no one see anything...

I know i posted it before,but never got an answer, is possible to make upgrade in generated campaign same as in user made campaign? It is too lenghty to upgrade big core unit,(for every unit open upgrade screen, change and close, in user generated campaign i can click at next unit in side list to upgrade it)
Old August 8th, 2005, 10:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I'll look into this

Don

Old August 8th, 2005, 10:59 AM

Private

WestKent5097 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the clarification Don.