.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newb All Age game - Nicer Shade of Green - (Full - Please Upload Pretenders)

you should be fine.calahan didnt change any pretenders i'm pretty sure
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:42 PM

Corporal

SirMu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newb All Age game - Nicer Shade of Green - (Full - Please Upload Pretenders)

When trying to extract CMB with some fixes, I get Unknown Method in CMB_1.82_With_Some_Fixes.dm and also No files to extract.
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:25 AM

Sergeant

GFSnl is on a distinguished road

I got the same error.
Use 7zip instaed of winzip.

http://www.7-zip.org/
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:01 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

@ All who are still on this thread.

An Update to the situation

Story so far is that Wolfsbane (Bandar Log) had to drop out due to Real Life problems, and as such I went looking for (and found) a player (Ianh) to replace him.

I then rolled the game back to the "waiting for Pretenders" stage of the game so that Ianh could pick his nation, and upload his Pretender. But for some reason the game re-started automatically, and just to be helpful, it also changed my password for the game meaning I no longer have any control over it

I likely won't be able to sort this issue out now until tomorrow (as it's late in the UK). But just to let you all know that the game is currently not running, so there is no point anyone sending turns in. As the game will either be restarted (if I can get control of the password again from llamabeast), or I will have to create a new game (in which case everyone will have to upload their Pretenders again)

Apologies for the failed starts. Most of it has been out of my control though, and I'm still hoping the game will start over the weekend.
Old March 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM

Corporal

SirMu is on a distinguished road

For everyone who hasn't checked the other thread: We're using CMB 1.83 now.
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:33 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

To keep all those still over here updated, this is what I just posted on the active game thread.

--------------------
--------------------

@ All

Ok, I've created a new game on the llamaserver (apologies for not getting this up yesterday, but I just didn't have the time). So can I please ask you all to re-create your Pretenders using CBM 1.83, and uploaded them to the game...

Even_Nicer_Shade_Of_Green

Here's the link to the status page - http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?ga..._Shade_Of_Green

The maps and mod(s) that are currently set for the game are just place holders. As I need to do the map again to accommodate the extra player (or maybe players), and I want to know that the most recent version of CBM 1.83 is bug free before I upload it myself. (as mainly I don't want multiple versions of the same mod on the llamaserver). But none of this should stop you all from uploading your Pretenders, and I hope to get the map and mod sorted by the end of the day.

Next it is time to deal with..... the previous failed version of this game.

I am going to PM llamabeast again and ask him to remove the previous, and now defunct version of this game. But in the meantime, and this will probably be the only scenario where I ever suggest doing this, but I recommend that you should all turn AI in that previous game. As otherwise you will just keep getting sent turn files every day until llamabeast gets around to removing it. Since I can't do anything to stop it without a working password.

Now onto question time.

------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMu,Mar 5 2011, 04:52 PM
An email was sent out by llama server for the first turn, not pretender upload. Was this intentional?
There are no turn files for the official version of this game yet, as it is now back in the Pretender upload stage. I don't get turn files as non-playing admin, but I'm guessing that file you received was from when the game re-started automatically after I un-started the game. But on that subject again....

@ All - Can I please ask you all to turn AI in that previous game (please request turn re-sends if you no longer have the turn file), and then delete every file and llamaserver email you have regarding any and all the failed versions of this game. As when this game does get going, I don't want anyone getting the 1st turn files for the official re-start mixed up with any of the other 1st turn files from the two failed starts that this game had. (the llamaserver shouldn't get these files confused, but as usual, I don't want to take any chances when they are so easy to avoid taking at all)

-------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbz,Mar 5 2011, 08:05 PM
Guys I am having some problems.(Since I have never used Llama server before) I still havent received any e-mails from the game and to what address should I send my pretender god desing?
Thanks for the help in advance.
You won't have had any emails from the llamaserver yet, as there was no game for you to upload a Pretender to (but there is now). But you should receive an email from the llamaserver once you do send your Pretender in. (Edit - as Sasooli said). On which subject...

Send your Pretender to...

pretenders@llamaserver.net

and make sure the subject heading of the email is...

Even_Nicer_Shade_Of_Green

Although please let me know if you still have problems using the llamaserver.

------------------------------
------------------------------

I'll probably post one more time on this thread once I know for sure the game has started and is running properly. But then after that I will only be updating the official 'active' thread for this game on Dom3mods.