Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old August 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM

Private

shilka77 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winspmbt 5.0 ghost wish

The ghost wish part II

Greetings -

Nations represented in SPMBT is there cause some kind of military conflict have been traced to them historicly.

* South Ossetia
* Abkhazian Republic
* Georgia
* Venezuela

1991–1992 South Ossetia War, conflict with Georgia, 2008 again Georgia and Abkahzia the same there, these two have shared armed conflict with Georgia several times. The Red side is truly hard to simulate South Ossetia and Republic Abkahzia forces with.

The same for Georgia that been up-armed by Nato, U.S, Israel, Ukraine.

South Ossetia and Republic Abkahzia is up-armed by the Russian Federation.

The Red or Green is like a cluster and truly hard to simulate with these nations.

Venezuela would be great to have as a What IF nation as there been an Andean diplomatic crisis, a diplomatic stand-off between Ecuador, Colombia and Venezuela. Beginning with an incursion into Ecuador territory across the Putumayo River by the Colombian military on March 1, 2008 The incursion led to increased tensions between Colombia and Ecuador, as well as the movement of Venezuelan and Ecuadorian troops to their respective borders.

This is why Venezuela would be great to have as a playable nation to build what IF scenarios.

Venezuela is far from Green and Red right now, their military is modernizing rapidly with oil and loaned money, Russian Federation is providing them with weapons worth billions of dollars. 150 billion dollars in helicopters, surveillance equipment, 4,4 billion dollars in small arms and night vision equipment. 800 million into their submarine fleet, 84 million from China K-8 Karakorum light jets and they have stocked up on advanced SA-24 Igla-S missiles.

Venezuela is having one of the most modern armed forces in the South American theatre.

Why I put these nations up in my ghost wish list over playable nations for the future.
Old August 13th, 2009, 01:01 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

I like your post, but I hardly doubt that they spent 150 billion dollars in hellicopters. :-p

They tank force is a joke, very few capable tanks and some unknown quality/availability much much older tanks.

I would like to see all the sides you mentioned in the game, if someone else is going to add them that is.
Old August 13th, 2009, 04:09 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Link WW2 Link

Look at the tanks belonging to all armies in South America most are on a par with each other, they are highly unlikely to be facing MBT of the European variety though I think some older ones have filtered through. Same tends to hold for most places there might be one army thats streets ahead but the rest are a fairly even playingfield. Greece & Turkey are well armed because of the friction, so is Korea Israel etc so they spend as much as the economy can handle.
I am currently doing a Brazil Argentina 81 I think & to put things in perspective both sides have Shermans (upgraded slightly) as MBTs, I have access to 1 better tank but my force is not lucky enough to be equiped with it. The light tanks are as good but the best armoured vehicles are Armoured Cars so I have 3 with laser FC no less.
So all the armoured vehicles have armour below 10 most more like half that & a 38 pen HEAT gun is the norm. Its like playing WW2 except if you hit something it goes bang straight off, also RPGs are a nightmare & I have 2 ATGMs. Amusingly one of my 3 Mech Companies is in there best APCs & have discovered they are tank killers to flank shots, the other guys are in halftracks. Also strangely I have MANPADS with an EW of 6, thats very good even by present day standards.
The other reason for poor tanks is most of its not exactly tank country but we are having good fun playing it.
Old August 30th, 2009, 07:41 AM

Private

shilka77 is on a distinguished road

You are absolutely right "billion" what it should say is 150 million my wrong, that is what one get when one write at lunch breaks. lol

The Peruvian T-55 (Peruvian Horse) is interesting, it is a modernized machine there are a few You Tube videos about that machine that has been pulled forward through the jungle to once again becoming an effective killing machine in the South American theatre. They acquired the T-55 by the Soviet Union in the late 70s and since that they have modernized it.

I love to pull out obsolete equipment (by western standards) out and kick the AI's *** with it I make side-skirts and rear ends fly all over the map with old equipment.
Old September 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Private

Crazy_Dutch is on a distinguished road

Hi

for the next update i like to see.

1. Trains (troops movement, armoured)

2. Surface surface missiles like honest John, FROG (mayby offmap)

3. NBC weapons

4. Fuel Trucks/Depots and that vehicles can refuel like rearming.

5. More weaponslots. Now there are 249.

6. More weaponslots for the units special for the infantry type of unts. Now there are 4. I think the best is for 6 or 8. weapon slots
Old September 5th, 2009, 03:23 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

1/ Trains----- no. This has been discussed many time in the past and it isn't going to happen

2/ Surface to surface missiles --------We are not going to introduce tactical nukes to the game and even as high explosive none of those missiles would have been used against targets at the front lines so are NOT applicable to the game

3/ NBC weapons---Never, ever

4/ Fuel Trucks/Depots ------what would the point be ? There is no fuel used in SP and we have no intention of adding that

5/ More weaponslots-----Not going to happen because the way save games and scenarios are set up changing what we have now would destroy every existing scenario and saved game

6/ More unit weaponslots--------same as above. Changing that changes everything

Don
Old September 6th, 2009, 03:47 AM

Private

Crazy_Dutch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
5/ More weaponslots-----Not going to happen because the way save games and scenarios are set up changing what we have now would destroy every existing scenario and saved game

6/ More unit weaponslots--------same as above. Changing that changes everything

Don
Mayby is this something for WINSPMBTII.

Then I have another wish for winspmbt. Now is there only one crew slot. is't mayby possible to give more crew slots?
Old September 6th, 2009, 05:01 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Why? Crews are there anyway just to be shot up or to run away If you want, give'em some secondary weapon in the editor to simulate them usually having some SMGs or carbines at hand, but given the use you can use some fairly generic stuff...
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:11 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road

Hmm, How about broken squads?like, a grenade explodes nearby, a few man lose sight of their leaders and continue independently?(makes little sense though)
Old September 7th, 2009, 11:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Dutch View Post
Then I have another wish for winspmbt. Now is there only one crew slot. is't mayby possible to give more crew slots?
There is only one crew slot becasue the game only uses one standard crew. If you open up MOBHack and check what slot "crew" is in for all nations you will find it's slot 249 and that's becasue if the game needs to spit out a crew that's the one and only place it looks for them and there is no reason to change that

Don