BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEIV

Old December 6th, 2006, 04:04 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

AMF is on a distinguished road
Default Really need a player for this SE4 DevNull empire

Hello all!

So...in a month, I will be leaving on a trip that will last until early August of 2007. I'll say 'bye-bye' to this forum in another post. The purpose of this post is to find a player for my empire in an SE4 (PBW) game that means a lot to me.

Here's the deal: I am looking for someone that will run my "Exiles of Kor" empire in the Ultimate 001 game from January to August. This game runs about a turn every 2-3 weeks, and it is set by consensus to ALPU, so it can even go slower than that. Really, even a turn a month would be nice to have, to make sure the game does not become moribund.

The game is using DevNull, and the empire is BIG. It is number one by a long shot (based only on statistics) and is the mega-evil empire, at war with all the other players. It is a religious empire, that, in RPG fashion, used to be nice and relatively secular, but experienced a civil war for many turns, and turned into a fanatical empire that subsequently declared war on everyone else in the universe to conquer and convert them. But, I am not the best player so I have made little progress in actually conquering or beating the other players.

Some more details: the empire is big, and it's systems are intricately interconnected by lots warp lines with many of them protected by lots of stellar storms. It makes far too many resources for it to spend each turn, on the order of millions of each type of resource, and it has hundred of shipyards and is building more all the time. Just by it's size and warp connections it can be a bit intimidating but since they are fanatical I don't stress too much about being efficient - they're religious fanatics, not good strategists. (and, well, if I were a better player, I would have conquered the rest of the universe a long time ago - but I'm just not that good at designing ships and strategy). It's got ringworlds around almost all it's stars, and while it still has a lot of research to go, it has maxed out on a few key technologies.

One more thing: when the game started, I publicly limited the empire to have only 10 talisman-equipped ships - I think the talisman is overpowered, so I stated that I would only have 10 talisman equipped ships in motion or under construction at any time. So it's not like you're running around with thousands of talisman equipped ships. But you are running around with many thousands of ships.

Oh, it's a psychic race as well, so it's got all that fun psionic stuff to play with.

I would really like to get a player for this empire during my hiatus, even if they only play one turn a month. The empire is intimidating to play, but orders woulnd't have to be very efficient - again, the Exiles of Kor are religious fanatics, and don't have to be run very efficiently, just actively. If someone took on the empire and then liked it enough, they could also keep playing it even after I return.

I can send a lot more details on them if someone is willing to take them on.

Send me a PM if you're interested...I leave in about a month.

Thanks in advance!

AMF