.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Scenarios, Maps & Mods

Old February 4th, 2006, 06:53 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Mod: Nova Deus

I hadn't noticed the new virtue and vice until yesterday, and didn't try them out until today. While both are quite interesting, Vengeance should be renamed Anger.

Any way, I thought to write up how I see the virtues and vices in Dominions terms.

Vengeance, for me, means Blood Vengeance, Eye loss, spiky armor, damage shields, etc. Eye for an eye, and more! Amulet of Vengeance effect would be perfect.

Justice. Your version is very good.

Humility
Humility is trust in a higher power, in one's allies. The Humility costs 0 points, and starts with no magic. New magic paths cost 35 points, dominions starts at 4.
Humility is sacred, and has Holy 1 priestly level.
With this, you can get:
80-point castle, dominion 6 AND level 9 blessing, OR
60-point castle, dominion 5, level 9 blessing and net +1 scale, OR
80-point castle, dominion 6, two level 6 blessings, OR
60-point castle, dominion 5, two level 6 blessings and net +1 scale.
If you want to go for just good scales, Oracle is better because it starts with Astral 3. I envision Humility to be used for a blessing without cheaper option, and to get pretender able to benefit from the blessing.
It would have to be tweaked to leave less points after blessings if people really use 40 and 0 point castles, which I have never understood.

Greed
LOTS of item slots. Mainly miscellanous ones. Produces 2 Fire OR 1 Earth and 1 Fire gem per turn, and has Alchemy. Can be modded to replace Ulm special pretender Master Alchemist if Alchemy can't be modded.

Liberality, mercy
Giving to others. Mercy would be tough one with both reinvigoration and recuperation and regeneration, but with slots for only body and two misc items (no weapons, Spirit Helmet, Chi boots... Misc has few nasties, but one can't be too restrictive.) Mercy would have a non-aggressive path (Nature?), high supply bonus, absurd Standard value, can heal others, with sailing and all the survival ablities, and Stealth +0. Might be better under another name, but I find the concept interesting. It could also be devided into unit leading under different name, and Charity as immobile, unmagical creature that can heal diseases and produces various gems it won't be able to use. This kind of Charity would preferably have the Lady of Fortune's luck-increasing effect.

Lust
Lust is flying, very stealthy, glamourous, and can seduce her enemies. I'm not sure if this can be modded, but the ability should be either the Succubus' Seduce or the Demon Lord's Dominate. This could be nasty, but there's only one of them. If it had the succubus ability, it would return to the home citadel after every seduction. I don't think Dominate does that, but I'm not sure.

Chastity, continence
High defence, glamour, high Awe rating, and all other non-aggressive defence buffs. Chastity is virtually untouchable.

Love (of enemy)
In battle, ability to charm the enemy. New weapon with Charm effect, or if it can't be modded, Enslave Mind, which isn't quite right but the closest thing.

Anger
Berserk fits this one very well. The current Vengeance would be very good, but I'd use Fire, an aggressive path, instead of Blood.

Temperance, abstinence, self-control, and Courage, Fortitude
Immunity, or at least resistance, to Fire/Cold/Shock/Poison, and high magic resistance. Courage would have also decent natural protection, encumberance 0, reinvigoration 2 and morale 30. Berserk +0 would make him unable to leave battle, which could also fit quite well.

Gluttony
Gluttony would consume lots of supplies, of course. Gluttony would also drain life from anyone he touches, and if possible, he would have Life Drain aura. Special attack, which insta-kills if the target fails a magic resistance roll, and weakens armor.

Envy
Taking from the other, and dealing permanent damage. Life drain, but also ability to deal afflictions. Disease Aura. Maybe even fly, high stealth, glamour, and Bane Charm ability to destroy population. Certainly different, if the last one can be modded in!
Old February 14th, 2006, 06:29 PM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Another re-rar-ed file for shovah.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 406196-NovaDeus_111.rar (113.3 KB, 289 views)
Old February 14th, 2006, 07:00 PM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road

thanks, it worked
Old February 21st, 2006, 02:02 AM

Major

Wish is on a distinguished road

I was scoping this mod for a dragons mod I had in mind, the thing where the dragons don't lose paths upon changing really makes them to powerful.

whats the command line to make it work that way, anyway?
Old March 12th, 2006, 08:36 PM

Private

Tharivol_Street_Prince is on a distinguished road

I like this mod
The dragons look like fun and I like the Virtue/Vice concept (Yeah, I was thinking Wrath instead of Vengeance or Anger, but it's still a pretty sweet idea.)
My only wish is that there was a better way to work Dirgesinger's abilities, because I've been in love with that kind of archetype for years. There's no way one could tweak it so that undead couldn't be summoned while he's on the field or anything like that, is there? Or give him a ranged fear area-of-effect attack? (Forgive my noob-ism. I've had this game for a year, but my mind doesn't take very well to technical thought.)
Old March 13th, 2006, 01:41 AM

Ranged Fear AoE might be possible, actually. If any weapon with Fear already exist, you can make a ranged weapon with 0 damage, no str added, AoE Z, and special effect Fear.

If you want to know what would be possible (in weapons) beside damage, the various unit/equipment lists list special effects weapons can have.
Old March 13th, 2006, 06:43 PM

Major

Wish is on a distinguished road

there are only a few AoE special effects available for new weapons. Petrification, fear, cold/heat, and death I think are basically it.

all other secondary effects will only hit the targeted square of the weapon, and not the AoE the weapon covers.
Old March 13th, 2006, 08:30 PM

Colonel

shovah is on a distinguished road

what more would you really want though?
Old April 4th, 2006, 09:53 PM

Private

Tharivol_Street_Prince is on a distinguished road

Well I don't suppose I could rightly tell you that clean-like.
It's just a concept that I don't think the system do justice.
But imagine it: An ashen and somber leader of a nation, dispelling the perversions and trespasses on the sacred rest, while calling back the souls of noble warriors to fight again for their cause. His presence on the battlefield would be chilling to the enemy, his unflinching acceptance of the presence and role that death plays, yet this acceptance would inspire his soldiers to accept death themselves, inspiring them to fight to the point of breaking for their cause.
But this is pretty off-topic, isn't it?
Old April 5th, 2006, 04:34 AM

Depends... Death 9 blessings gives your sacred units Fear, makes the mage emit Feat (thanks to Death magic), and makes the sacred units continue fighting as Soulless when they die.

Of course, no mere human should achieve that level of power more easily than Prince of Death, but Death-9 Dirgesinger could be available in pre-set Scenarios.