.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > After Action Reports
Notices

Old June 21st, 2011, 03:13 PM

Corporal

-Luc- is on a distinguished road
Smile CCCP vs NATO long campaign (1948-1991)

Hi,

I started a long campaign (1948-1991/200 battles) as commander of Soviet forces against NATO (USA/UK/France).

Here is my TO&E (1948/06):

HQ :
HQ,
1X GAZ-66;

RECCE platoon :
5X scout team,
5X White scout car;

Tank platoon:
4X T-34/85;

Motorized infantry compagy:
10X riffle section,
3X RPG-6 team,
3X 7.62 SMG MMG,
11X GAZ-66;

Support platoon:
3X 82mm mortar,
1X GAZ-66,
3X 57mm Anti-Tank gun,
3X GAZ-66;

Mortar platoon:
1X Riffle section,
1X GAZ-66,
1X Art observer,
1X GAZ OP JEEP,
3X 82mm mortar,
1X GAZ-66,
3X 120mm Mortar,
3X GAZ-66;

Artillery platoon:
1X Riffle section,
1X GAZ-66,
1X Art observer,
1X GAZ OP JEEP,
3X 76mm gun,
3X GAZ-66

Anti-Air platoon:
5X ZSU M-16

The battlefield (100x50) is automatically generated.

I will soon start this confrontation and inform you of its progress.

English is not my mother tongue, so be indulgent with me please.

Thank you!

-Luc-
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:12 PM

Corporal

Exclamation Re: CCCP vs NATO long campaign (1948-1991)

The third world war has begun!

Date: 1948/06;
Enemy: USA;
Mission: Meeting;
Visibility: 15;
Turns: 90;

1- Most of the Soviet forces will follow the east-west axis formed by the paved road;

2- A RECCE unit will take place on the central hills to monitoring sector activity.

3- The front will be guarded by an infantry platoon, AT of the support platoon and a few AA units;

4- Bombardment of the hill (with paved road) is scheduled to begin in the third round.

Here is a map of the initial situation:

Thank you,

-Luc-
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:31 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CCCP vs NATO long campaign (1948-1991)

His soldiers will stand 43 years of struggle? More than one will suffer from arthritis.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:17 PM

Corporal

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
His soldiers will stand 43 years of struggle? More than one will suffer from arthritis.
Knowing this game, I doubt that a soldier survive that long! but we'll see...

Turn 1,2,3,4:

Good! Soviet forces advancing...

4 RECCE units on White scout car, due to their greater mobility, move foward the column. They are followed by the T-34/85s who are ready to help if necessary. The 3 infantry platoons, aboard their GAZ-66, following behind along the road.

No enemy, no activity...

But, At the end of turn 4, the U.S. 81mm mortar bomb at the end of the column. The section of St. Leit. Golubev is touched and lost four men. 5 M24 Chaffee appear running down the hillside, one of them fires a round without reaching its target.

CCCP: -4 soldiers

Turn 5:

A shootout began between the Leiten. Kalinichenko T-34/85, which led the way and the M24 Chaffee; the third attempt of Kalinichenko to destroy the M24 Chaffee, under intense response, is sucessfull. Others T-34/85 are deploying while the infantry get out and takes cover. The GAZ-66 are scattered on both sides of the road.

USA: -1 M24 Chaffee

The M24 Chaffee continue their offensive. Kalinichenko, which remained immobile while the other T-34/85 took position, destroyed 2 more. 4 M4A3E8 are emerging north of the road! The Ml. Serzh. Babkin, who was there destroy 1 tank. 100m separates belligerents ... The United States intensify their shelling of mortars. Strangely, artillery observers are destroyed when they were well away from the bombing.

CCCP: -2 soldiers
USA: -2 M24 Chaffee, -1 M4A3E8

Turn 6:

Babkin, destroyed again a M4A3E8 at the first attemp before retreating behind the a home. Kalinichenko moves slightly to the north under the cover of some trees to ambush the tanks that could attack Babkin. The Ml. Serzh. Morozov remains on the roadh between the buildings while the Kapitan Nikonov continues its advance cautiously to the south of the road. The infantry slowly approaching from the east to take a position in the buildings along the route.

USA: -1 M4A3E8

Morozov destroyed an M24 Chaffee up on the road. The U.S. does not bomb more ...

USA: -1 M24 Chaffee

Here the situation at the beginning of turn 7:

Thank you,

-Luc-
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:48 PM

Corporal

Hi,

The struggle continues!

Turn 7:

The M4A3E8 who were north of the road disappeared. Morozov hunting crew of the M24 Chaffee that he destroyed a few moments earlier and defends its position between the buildings. Babkin and Kalinichenko, covering each other, began a cautious move towards the top of the hill. Nikonov continues to advance slowly Artillery, Zis-3 76mm and 120mm mortars, fearing an anti-battery bombrdement, move north across the fields.

USA: -2 crewman

The U.S. bombard briefly with 60mm mortar the road east of the buildings; no soviet casualties. The advance of the infantry is slowed down. A M24 Chaffee appears in front of Nikonov. He shoot but miss his target. A M4A3E8, heading south is also saw. Again, Nikonov fired without reaching its target. Another M4A3E8 but this time in front of Morozov who destroyed it immediately. Another M4A3E8 appears but this time north of the buildings. Kalinichenko draws followed by Babkin. Both miss. However, the fear encourage the enemy to use his smoke and the exchange of fire is stopped. Unfortunately, the reconnaissance unit of Serzh Popov is nearby and is targeted. He lost a man before retreating.

CCCP : -1 soldat
USA : -1 M4A3E8

Turn 8:

Nikonov target and shoots 2 times the M4A3E8 and every time without destroying it. The enemy tank fire too. Nikonov withdrew under cover of trees between the buildings. The M24 Chaffee was ineffective after the firing of the 12.7mm of the White scout car of Serzh Lazov, just behind Nikonov, who was ambushed. Morozov and Babkin remain immobile while Kalinichenko moving slowly in an attempt to circle the M4A3E8 behind the cloud of smoke. The infantry took place in buildings and artillery are being restructured.

The M24 Chaffee targets the reconnaissance unit of Ml. Serzh. Galeev losing a man. The U.S. bombed again mortar 81mm but do victim.

CCCP: -1 soldier

Here the situation at the begining of turn 9:

Thank you,

-Luc-
Old June 30th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Corporal

Hi,

The battle continues!

Turn 10:

2 U.S. 81mm mortars are found northwest of the intersection. A countur battery fire is planned (3 82mm mortars)in 2 turns. The Serzh Ostovskiy, trying to attract the attention of the immobilized M4A3E8 and M24 Chaffee fire use his 12.7mm against them. The M24 Chaffee and M4A3E8 response without reaching their target. Their focus on Ostovskiy, Morozov can approach the M24 Chaffee and destroy it with 1 shot. After, Nikonov can engage the M4A3E8 without fear of side attack. The tank was hit on the second attempt and his crew out. Ostovskiy attempts to destroy them without success. By redeploying between buildings, Babkin falls into an ambush; a rifle section fire at him. He fire and kill 2 soldiers before the unit drawback under cover of a wood. Kalinichenko, who reached the top of the hill is consolidating its position as the soviet infantry continued to move foward.

USA: -2 soldiers, -1 M24 Chaffee, -1 M4A3E8

The American infantry, consisting of three rifle sections, are pursuing the advance. However, it suffered the fire of T-34/85 and the White scout car of Ml. Serzh. Igoshin. Two more M4A3E8 appear northwest of the road. Kalinichenko fire and draws. The USA continued their bombardment of 81mm mortar without damage.

USA: -2 soldiers

Turn 12:

Kalinichenko, immobilised, attempting to destroy a M4A3E8 without success. During the second exchange of fire, the ennemy touched him and the crew bailed out. Under pressure, the T-34/85s, position themselves defensively. The battlefield is obscured by smoke ... Some exchanges of fire eliminate an American soldier.

USA: -1 soldier

The offensive of the U.S. infantry is broken. However, the M4A3E8 are approching to buildings from the north. Morozov shoots and misses. A second tank appears. This time, the tank is destroyed by Morozov . The USA continued their bombardment of 60mm mortar while the soviet counter battery fire begins and do a victim on USA side.

USA: -1 soldier, -1 M4A3E8

Turn 13:

3 more M4A3E8 are now present near the buildings on the north and are facing Morozov and Nikonov. A shootout begins. Nikonov destroyed a tank before his tank is destroyed by the enemy. Morozov took advantage of the concentration of enemy fire to destroy the two remaining M4A3E8. During the firefight, some crewman are killed.

CCCP: -1 T-34/85
USA: -1 soldiers, - 2 M4A3E8

New infantry units appear in the south of the buildings. Some try to take a position in them; 11 U.S. soldiers die. The 81mm mortar bombs again no casualties Soviet.

USA: -11 soldiers

Turn 14:

The remaining M4A3E8 (south) now threatens the Soviet infantry. Morozov moves south-east to the ambush while Bakin is rather north-east to cover that flank. The soviet infantry, is waiting...

U.S. infantry units are now 10 and put a lot of pressure on the Soviet Union. The unity of the Ml. Serzh. lost two men in the crossfire. The U.S. bombs still 81mm mortar without damage. The soviet counter battery fire do another victim.

CCCP: -2 soldiers
USA: -1 soldier

Here the situation now:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/...inSPMBTT15.jpg

Thank you!

-Luc-
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Corporal

Hi, I'm back after a ''short'' break...

Turn 15:

The Soviet infantry, supressed by American bombing, waiting patiently prominent enemy assault. Babkin and Morozov are ready and Ostovskiy, in his White scout car, go to the east in the hills.

The American infantry, in large number and determined, try to expel the Soviet infantry of the buildings. The attempt fails and ends with the loss of several U.S. soldiers and few Soviet casualties. The 60 mm mortar U.S. still firing while the soviet guns respond killing 2 enemy gunners.

CCCP : -3 soldiers
USA : -8 soldiers

Turn 16:

The Soviet infantry resisted the U.S. offensive but now, the ennemies are very close. The Ml. Serzh Voroshilov trying to free themselves from the adverse pressure but, by eliminating an soldiers, he lose two men in the crossfire. The Ml. Serzh Trofimov was lucky and managed to eliminate two American soldiers with no victim. The Kapitaine Lermontov eliminates a U.S. soldier. Finally, Morozov courageously destroyed M4A3E8 and three American soldiers.

USA : -7 soldiers, - M4A3E8

The U.S. offensive is temporarily stopped. However, the bombing of the U.S. 60mm mortar continues without casualties.

Turn 17:

The soviet task force try to consolidate his defensive position while eliminating potential enemies it faces. Thus, Morozov eliminates two additional U.S. troops. However, the ongoing American bombing prompted the St. Leit Puhov to leave his position and he lose three men.

USA : -2 soldiers

Again, the U.S. does not advance. However, they get a relative success with their bombing of 81mm mortars. The Ml. Serzh lost two mens and Voroshilov 1.

For now thats all!
That game is very good!

Thank you,

-Luc-
Old November 3rd, 2011, 09:51 AM

Corporal

Unhappy Re: CCCP vs NATO long campaign (1948-1991)

Hi,

I must inform you that due to formatting my computer, I unfortunately lost my campaign.

I will certainly begin a new one and I will apply what I learned from my battles against other players.

I will also change the format of my combat reports...

Thank,

-Luc-
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:25 PM

Corporal

Smile Re: CCCP vs NATO long campaign (1948-1991)

Hi,

I restarted my long campaign (1948-1991/200 battles) as commander of Soviet forces against NATO (USA/UK/France).

Here is my new and better (I think) TO&E (1948/06):

HQ :
HQ - 1X GAZ JEEP,
1X Riffle section - 1X GAZ-66;

RECCE platoon :
5X Scout team - 5X White scout car;

Engineer platoon:
1X PT-34,
1X T-34 BTU,
1X Engineer - 1X GAZ-66;

Motorized infantry company:
10X Riffle section - 3X RPG-6 team - 10X GAZ-66,
3X 7.62 SMG MMG - 1X GAZ-66;

Tank platoon:
4X T-34/85;

Support platoon:
3X 82mm mortar - 1X GAZ-66,
3X 76mm Anti-tank gun - 3X GAZ-66;

Mortar platoon:
1X Riffle section - 1X GAZ-66,
1X Art observer - 1X GAZ JEEP,
3X 82mm mortar - 1X GAZ-66,
3X 120mm Mortar - 3X GAZ-66;

Artillery platoon:
1X Riffle section - 1X GAZ-66,
1X Art observer - 1X GAZ OP JEEP,
3X 76mm gun - 3X GAZ-66;

Ammo section:
2X Ammo container - 2X GAZ-66;

Anti-Air platoon:
5X ZSU M-16;

Regimental artillery platoon:
3X OFF-MAP 152mm D-1 FG.

The battlefield (100x50) will be again automatically generated by the game.

However, I'll change the location of objectives for more realism.

Thank you,

-Luc-
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM

Corporal

Smile Re: CCCP vs NATO long campaign (1948-1991)

Hi,

Date: 1948/06;
Enemy: USA;
Mission: Meeting;
Visibility: 10;
Turns: 90;

Map of battlefield:

Soviet task force:

The terrain is difficult.

There is only one east-west axis.

Soviet forces will have no choice to use it. Bridges are our goal.

6X82mm mortars will create a smoke screen east of the 1st bridge.

3X76mm FG + 3X120mm mortars will bombard the hill next to the 1st bridge.

2/3 of the RECCE platoon will open the way followed by T-34/85s and 2 MOT INF platoons and 3 AA units.

FOs will take positions on hills in the north and south.

Here we go!

Thank you,

-Luc-