.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old November 24th, 2006, 09:03 PM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road
Default Horror Scourge.

Version 0.20

Kurgi causes "Feeble Minded" affliction in the province he's in but domsummons Lesser Horrors. So he is not totally useless.
This nation is very hero dependant so you will need high luck or turmoil or both.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Horror.zip (288.4 KB, 1328 views)

Last edited by Amos; November 12th, 2008 at 04:11 AM.. Reason: Prefix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amos For This Useful Post:
Old November 25th, 2006, 01:54 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need test subjects.

Nice pixel art!

Any chance I could get you to draw -
a three headed black dragon (one of the Asi, a significant badguy from Zoroastrian myth),
a guy with a tiger head and a woman with a tiger head (a Rakshasa and a Rakshini, respectively,)

I have my own mod with seven heroes - and I've only *once* gotten the same multihero twice. If you have all seven slots used, I believe that you *expect* to duplicate a multihero ~4% of the time, assuming you get two heroes over the course of the game (2/7 of getting a multiero the first time, 1/7 of getting the same hero next time you get a hero.)

So, with all that said, I'll fire it up and see what happens.

A few suggestions -
give the Blade Master a better weapon, if not two weapons.

These are some nice units (and, I assume, some really nice national summons) but you should give them a bit more magic.

You could give them a random on the advanced sorcerer (I'd suggest SBNA, to make them as different as possible from both existing mid-era astral/blood nations, Jotunheim (avoid death and water) and Abyssia (avoid fire and earth.))

Or, you could give them a capital-only master sorcerer, who is something like HBBBSS{SBNA,100%}{SBNA,10%}.

I think one of your summonable horrors should be a nasty priest - this is especially true given your dying dominion - 1 priest/temple and the biggest priest is level 1? Against a significant dominion push you go out like a light.

Finally - something odd does seem to be happening. No heroes are showing up and I've got turmoil-3 and luck-3. I'm not sure if I'm just getting bad luck or what, but it's turn 20 so this seems odd. There might be some requirement (# of recruited characters? Size of army?) to get heroes that I'm not meeting.

Anyway, would it be possible for me to add this to my mod-pack?
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old November 25th, 2006, 03:03 AM

Captain

Lol so much to respond too.

Quote:
Any chance I could get you to draw -
a three headed black dragon (one of the Asi, a significant badguy from Zoroastrian myth),
a guy with a tiger head and a woman with a tiger head (a Rakshasa and a Rakshini, respectively,)

Cant promise anything. I'll give it a go if I find some time.

Quote:
I have my own mod with seven heroes - and I've only *once* gotten the same multihero twice. If you have all seven slots used, I believe that you *expect* to duplicate a multihero ~4% of the time, assuming you get two heroes over the course of the game (2/7 of getting a multiero the first time, 1/7 of getting the same hero next time you get a hero.)

In my Crusade mod I got multihero 3 times during the game.

Quote:
give the Blade Master a better weapon, if not two weapons.

You get 2 assassins with national summons. Blade Master is only viable until you research them. His stats are relatively high though.

Quote:
These are some nice units (and, I assume, some really nice national summons) but you should give them a bit more magic.

You could give them a random on the advanced sorcerer (I'd suggest SBNA, to make them as different as possible from both existing mid-era astral/blood nations, Jotunheim (avoid death and water) and Abyssia (avoid fire and earth.))

Or, you could give them a capital-only master sorcerer, who is something like HBBBSS{SBNA,100%}{SBNA,10%}.

I think one of your summonable horrors should be a nasty priest - this is especially true given your dying dominion - 1 priest/temple and the biggest priest is level 1? Against a significant dominion push you go out like a light.
Those summons are Horrors, they cant have any magic(unthematic). There are only 5 actual commanders. I'll think on the dominion problem.

Quote:
Finally - something odd does seem to be happening. No heroes are showing up and I've got turmoil-3 and luck-3. I'm not sure if I'm just getting bad luck or what, but it's turn 20 so this seems odd. There might be some requirement (# of recruited characters? Size of army?) to get heroes that I'm not meeting.

I got Kurgi in my game, but the heroes arnt coming like they should. And at the end of the mod I added #luckevents 100, so maybe I should remove it.

Quote:
Anyway, would it be possible for me to add this to my mod-pack?
Sure.
Old November 25th, 2006, 03:25 AM

Captain

Changed luck from 100 to 50. Maybe it was too high to work properly.

DrPraetorious there already is a pretty good Rakshasa in NewGods mod (I dont remember who made it). Granted its only male, but changing him into a female shouldnt be a problem.

Old November 25th, 2006, 04:12 AM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Think it was made by Fmunoz. One of the guys behind Battle for Wesnoth.

I don't want to discourage you, but there will be rakshasas in the next patch when Lanka, Land of Demons appears as a new nation.
Old November 25th, 2006, 05:27 AM

Captain

Added age and a powerfull form of priest Horror

Forgot to add #holy.
Old November 25th, 2006, 08:09 AM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road

This will probably be your best work yet once its finished. Havnt got any heroes yet but i notice one balance problem: The sorcerers should have S3 imo, this will both let them send lesser horrors AND make the nation atleast a little more resistant to magic duel(if thats too much then maybe a 50% random SB)

edit: i also like how my horrors (especially king of the world) can move from one side of the map to the other (as it should be)
Old November 25th, 2006, 09:35 AM

Brigadier General

With luck 3 i got my first hero (Umor) on turn 55.
Got my second hero (a regular horror named Do Na) on turn 56.
Turn 58 and Scabiel the Maker of Ruins has appeared.
Old November 25th, 2006, 09:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

Turin is on a distinguished road

You could try the approach I made for testing the worthy heroes mod.

Setup a game with a luck 3 pretender and another human nation, then setup a local server with that game and set quickhost to 1 minute.
Then simply check into the game every hour or so to see what kind of heroes are there.

You should of course set up more than one game to get more samples.
Old November 25th, 2006, 09:58 AM

Brigadier General

Also, whats up with scabiel? Alot of turns he dosnt move at all and every few turns (when he does something) everyone around him just dies.

PS: Im enjoying using massed horror seeds+scabiel (with lucky pendant and ring of regen) to destroy large jotun armies.