World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 7th, 2012, 03:34 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MRAPs

Well I first reported on this vehicle back Oct. 2009 (Pg 2.) and as I followed up expressed that I thought it would be chosen in the end, well it was last month by Austrailia for the Land 121 Program. HAWKEI has made the grade. It has been reported by my other sources as well, and it's about three years out for game consideration. This is just for tracking purposes.
http://defense-update.com/20111214_hawkei_selected.html
http://defense-update.com/20090929_hawkei-2.html

Regards,
Pat
Old January 15th, 2012, 03:19 AM

Lieutenant General

More on HAWKEI that I forgot to post with the last-sorry! But doesn't it just look like something we can all take to visit Don or Andy and have a good time getting there? Well anyway here you go...besides probably not enough room in their driveways for us to park them all anyway!?!
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/30729/

Some miscellaneous items maybe of or not of game importance that I found interesting. Maybe someone can use these?
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/23738/
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/26743/

I believe the above was the missile (Upgraded version of it.) used in that tank video I posted in the MBT Thread a month ago or so used on the Syrian tank.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 15th, 2012 at 03:28 AM..
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:55 AM

Lieutenant General

More house cleaning and put off items for the now 2012/2013 Campaign just a handful in the MRAP category. Some of these items as shown here and in the other various threads were put off due to the heavy work load Don and Andy had to get through this year.

1) India has this vehicle as of about last fall with their police, through Mahindra & Mahindra of India is a licensed producer of the CASSPIR MK6 by BAE which was designed to compete against the GILA which made it into the game in the last patch for Nigeria and the UN. India has designated the vehicle as the MPV-1. You will note it now shares a Russian heritage as well. They will be in service with the Army later in the year.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/south...s_picture.html
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...r-India-04739/
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/27840/
ADD.

Pic:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Casspir_Mk6_VI_mine_protected_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_personnel_carrier_South_Africa_defence_in.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	11752

2) Spain to purchase more RG-31 vehicles, I believe I saved this because in their OOB they didn't have them. But since that was awhile ago I'll leave myself the below "out".
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/27925/
VERIFY FOR POSSIBLE ADD.

3) Turkish designed KIRPI BMC 350 is a new MRAP which is in service with Turkey, Afghanistan and Iraq.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/turke..._pictures.html
ADD FOR ALL THREE COUNTRIES.

4) Russia buys Italian LMV. Orders are expected to exceed amount shown in this article as posted already by some of my sources.
http://www.dmilt.com/index.php?optio...rope&Itemid=57
ADD.

That's it for now here. Along with the CASSPIR 6 will also be a verification of the countries that have the CASSPIR as mentioned in the "DID" ref I believe.

Regards,
Pat
Old March 30th, 2012, 12:32 AM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MRAPs

It doesn't look like the UK husky made the patch, unless it's called something else. Is this vehicle in another OOB that I could copy over?
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:15 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreedon View Post
It doesn't look like the UK husky made the patch, unless it's called something else. Is this vehicle in another OOB that I could copy over?
It's an ammo vehicle (TSV) with added mine resistance - and there is no such class in MBT, so no point in the vehicle.

There are plenty of other UOR vehicles and the Foxhound seems to do the same thing if it is even used as a light PPV and not simply as a logistical vehicle.

(It's going to be a right mess this mix of 99 different vehicles - presumably some will be kept after the Afghan pull-out, but most will likely (have to) be sold off to rationalise fleet maintenance - or simply be dumped on the Afghan army?.)

Andy
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:46 AM

Lieutenant General

It isn't, nor is it listed as the MXT. I went back to the MRAP segment that was posted to this thread from the Patch Post one, this could've been my fault. What I didn't "fix" on the first line you'll see my standard entry, note the C2 (Crew) P2 (Passengers), pretty much makes this vehicle useless in real as well as game terms. It should have read P5 with an explanation that a RECON or other small weapons/sniper team would use this vehicle and both mount and dismount from it. In the rush to get the last part of my inputs into Don when a small window of opportunity presented itself to the both of us to do so, I forgot to fix this. If this was the case I'm sure in due time it'll be made known to us. At present I had planned to resubmit the HUSKEY as it represents one leg of the triad of new vehicles as approved in the UK MOD OUVS Program. It would however be unfair of me to say there weren't other reasons unknown to me, though I could make some guesses. I've enjoyed a very high success rate in getting equipment in, modified etc. but at times some things don't. For now, I'll take the hit plan on, move on, and resubmit for the 2012/2013 Campaign. But this is the time I leave the Bosses alone, the 2011/2012 Campaign was a tough one all the way around.

Andy,
Saw your answer as I posted mine. Pulled the below from the Army-Tech ref submitted. This was the one I was looking at and meant for the game.

"International MXT model

The International MXT is a rugged lightweight vehicle meant for border patrol, reconnaissance missions and security details. It measures 252in, 91in and 96in in length, height and width. The model is powered by the MaxxForce D/VT-365 V8 engine and is suitable to accommodate five passengers. The vehicle can be armoured with a complete range of ballistic IED and mine-blast protection solutions, integral and A-kit / B-kit configurations and 360° crew protection."

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 30th, 2012 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: Added source ref material.
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old March 30th, 2012, 07:52 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road

Flooding the TOE's with too much info,, is IMO counter productive.

Think if were you to assemble all the info you give, and keep track when it will be actually be confirmed?

Just my 2 cents
Old March 31st, 2012, 12:49 AM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
It isn't, nor is it listed as the MXT. I went back to the MRAP segment that was posted to this thread from the Patch Post one, this could've been my fault. What I didn't "fix" on the first line you'll see my standard entry, note the C2 (Crew) P2 (Passengers), pretty much makes this vehicle useless in real as well as game terms. It should have read P5 with an explanation that a RECON or other small weapons/sniper team would use this vehicle and both mount and dismount from it. In the rush to get the last part of my inputs into Don when a small window of opportunity presented itself to the both of us to do so, I forgot to fix this. If this was the case I'm sure in due time it'll be made known to us. At present I had planned to resubmit the HUSKEY as it represents one leg of the triad of new vehicles as approved in the UK MOD OUVS Program. It would however be unfair of me to say there weren't other reasons unknown to me, though I could make some guesses. I've enjoyed a very high success rate in getting equipment in, modified etc. but at times some things don't. For now, I'll take the hit plan on, move on, and resubmit for the 2012/2013 Campaign. But this is the time I leave the Bosses alone, the 2011/2012 Campaign was a tough one all the way around.

Andy,
Saw your answer as I posted mine. Pulled the below from the Army-Tech ref submitted. This was the one I was looking at and meant for the game.

"International MXT model

The International MXT is a rugged lightweight vehicle meant for border patrol, reconnaissance missions and security details. It measures 252in, 91in and 96in in length, height and width. The model is powered by the MaxxForce D/VT-365 V8 engine and is suitable to accommodate five passengers. The vehicle can be armoured with a complete range of ballistic IED and mine-blast protection solutions, integral and A-kit / B-kit configurations and 360° crew protection."

Regards,
Pat
What are the stats for the Husky? I will just add them to my UK OOB. This vehicle would fit how I play perfectly. I usually have a sniper team in a small vehicle try to infiltrate to the rear of the enemy and wreak havoc :-)
Old March 31st, 2012, 02:51 AM

Lieutenant General

Once upon a time a very long time ago there was a vehicle and his name was Willy's such a silly name, that most knew him simply as Jeep. He was made to bring supplies to the troops, get them to the doctor and other mundane jobs. However there was a nasty war far from home and he was asked to serve there, so he got fit and his friends found he could do so much more like tow a 37mm ATG and carry it's crew or because he became so fit and was so fast and agile he become better known as a scout and sometimes a raider with his team and a .50 cal, first in the deserts of Africa, then the jungles of Asia and also the forests of Europe. You know not all is what it seems in the beginning...
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/De...NahreSaraj.htm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/defenceimages/5093271668/

And you better believe there's a Pic, this also from the UK MOD and do please note the date of the article...
Click image for larger version

Name:	JMOCCCT20120101581A.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	11766 Click image for larger version

Name:	110201225945769010.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	11769

For general specs on the HUSKY refer back to the army-tech ref on Pg. 10 Post #100 for the picture showing the up-armored version in the defence-industry ref also in the same post and with the picture above you might have enough for the RECON/COMBAT version for your Icon. It will carry 5 troops. Will see if I can come up with more combat pictures and or specs if still needed.

I so love a good bedtime story, especially after some of my teammates had a bit of a testy day and I feel their pain.

So good night as I have to do it again later today.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 31st, 2012 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: Added ref with pic and pic.
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old April 1st, 2012, 11:43 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,424 Times in 2,695 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

There will be one in the next upgrade. I'm working on the Icon now

Don
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: