This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old March 4th, 2009, 12:45 PM

Private

Dreadnought is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Little used but great weapons?

I am up to Dec 1940 in a LC as the British. I have been having a nasty time since France 40 with these Italian SP guns that look like a 75/L27 on a Model T (I'm not at my game, so I can't tell you the technical name for the little nasties.) As its a softskin, the 2 pndr is almost worthless against it. Riflemen and indirect kill them very easily, but they all too often pick off an A-13 or even a Matilda before I find the things. I hate 'em
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:42 PM

Corporal

Mobryan is on a distinguished road

Saharinis???

Matt
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:13 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
I am up to Dec 1940 in a LC as the British. I have been having a nasty time since France 40 with these Italian SP guns that look like a 75/L27 on a Model T (I'm not at my game, so I can't tell you the technical name for the little nasties.) As its a softskin, the 2 pndr is almost worthless against it. Riflemen and indirect kill them very easily, but they all too often pick off an A-13 or even a Matilda before I find the things. I hate 'em
Well - that is why I like the UK light tanks and armoured cars with the big 15mm BESA - excellent for inf support with the long range, and for biffing up truck-mounted infantry, ATG, and portee ATG. And they have a co-ax for use at shorter range or when out of big BESA rounds.

I plan to have a 2 tank section of the light tanks assigned to each rifle coy HQ as close support tools. Not for recce.

Cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old March 5th, 2009, 02:21 PM

Private

Dreadnought is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:
Well - that is why I like the UK light tanks and armoured cars with the big 15mm BESA - excellent for inf support with the long range, and for biffing up truck-mounted infantry, ATG, and portee ATG. And they have a co-ax for use at shorter range or when out of big BESA rounds.

I plan to have a 2 tank section of the light tanks assigned to each rifle coy HQ as close support tools. Not for recce.

Cheers
Andy

In my most recent battle last night I used Vickers sections at long range to chew the things up, and Mk-VI light tanks to rush them once they were down a couple of crewmen. That worked out well; all gun trucks killed with no losses.
Old March 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Careful with that, you'd be tempted to use its speed to separate it from its platoon and thus you'd lower your chance for rally once it gets suppressed.Plus the gun APC isn't there to fight tanks but to fight infantry and APCs.
Old March 5th, 2009, 04:03 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Quote:

Cheers
Andy

In my most recent battle last night I used Vickers sections at long range to chew the things up, and Mk-VI light tanks to rush them once they were down a couple of crewmen. That worked out well; all gun trucks killed with no losses.
The Vickers is a very useful toy in the open desert, less so when you get into Europe and the closer terrain, I find.

Andy