This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: Starfury

Old October 2nd, 2003, 12:35 AM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arcade Game?

There's way too much that isn't in the data files to mod it into the game I'd prefer. That's ok though - if I insisted every game suit my rarified tastes, I'd never play other people's games. I'll just see what mods people come up with and play it for what it is.

PvK
Old October 2nd, 2003, 01:48 AM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road

I've got a plan for SF: Tank Commander.
It should work nicely, assuming I can get some models to use as miscellaneous objects and landscape.

Gun down the enemy tanks, and crush terrain features and infantry beneath your treads as you roll along

PS: if anybody has some Trees, Infantry, Tanks, etc models they could provide, I'd appreciate it!

[ October 02, 2003, 01:19: Message edited by: Suicide Junkie ]
Old October 2nd, 2003, 06:18 AM

Private

The Harv is on a distinguished road

I would like to see an official patch and I would really appreciate it if the demo (EDIT: Had "patch") would be updated to reflect the patch.

Been playing the first Version of slowdown mod and it makes it a LOT more playable. You can still get whacked food by a bigger ship you can can actaully have a reasonable fight with manuevering, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Suicide Junkie:
What exactly are you looking for, then?
- The mod on a CD?
- The "stamp of approval" from MM?
- Aaron's signature in the readme?

The first run of CDs won't have it, since they've already been stamped out by whatever company Shrapnel uses for that sort of thing.
So... you'd be downloading an update to recieve it, no matter which way its done.

If you just want to be assured that it is or will exist, don't fear.
I've already got one more suited to my tastes, with much slower, but still dangerous combat, along with a bunch of other features.
When I occasionally play stock, its seems like instantaneous victory or defeat in comparison

In my mod, you can dance with heavier ships for a while (a minute or two for DS vs CR) if you are well prepared, but you're not going to win unless you've got a some pretty big tricks up your sleeve. Allied ships waiting in ambush, perhaps.
I don't allow most of the "Emergency repair" components either. Only energy and hull, and those I rarely use. Maybe when a lucky hit takes out both primary and backup lifesupport, and my repair bay is disabled too.

-----

Of course, the "switch" is already right there. Pop open notepad, and change things however you like. Divide firing rates in half, slash turn speeds, bump armor strength up by a factor of 10, no problem.

If you ever want more or less of an existing feature, it can almost certainly be done.

[ October 02, 2003, 09:09: Message edited by: The Harv ]
Old October 2nd, 2003, 08:48 AM

Brigadier General

Mephisto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by The Harv:
Been playing the first Version of slowdown mod and it makes it a LOT more playable. You can still get whacked food by a bigger ship you can can actaully have a reasonable fight with manuevering, etc.
Malfador reads these Boards and as it seems, something will be done about game speed that pleases everyone, letting you choose the pace.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 10:27 AM

Private

The Harv is on a distinguished road

I do hope so Mephisto. There is a lot of good things in this game and I do have a great deal of respect for Aaron and I would like this game to succeed. This has never been an issue of "Game is not exactely what I want" but there is a serious issue here and it seems from the sampling here I wasn't alone. Success and long life for Star Fury.
Old October 2nd, 2003, 11:57 PM

National Security Advisor

Phoenix-D is on a distinguished road

Mmm. There is a bit of a problem with slowdown though. If you get jumped at a warp point, you can at least initially be mauled or killed before you can come about to return fire.

I am not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation.
-Digger