.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 16th, 2012, 10:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

HoleyDooley is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Waaargs without end (Upload pretenders)

Olm, mate, I was one of the more experienced players in this game. Take it from me, you won it.

Others with much less experience than I, may have a different opinion, but thats because they haven't seen how games progress when someone has a big advantage and others don't want to fight him/her.

My congratulations are 100% serious and sincere.

I am NOT going to spell it out, people learn best from their own experience.
Agree with me or disagree, I could care less.

I just wish a few more of the players here were in Primordial where I am doing well and would offer me an easy win.

Actually I don't, because the game becomes boring at that point and many great opportunities for game play get missed like they did in Waaarghs.
Seriously, most people left in the game missed a great finish and a chance at winning the game......don't blame me, some of you need to look into the mirror for a scape goat. Live and learn.

For me the game offers more with regards to its challenges than an easy win.

HD
Old October 16th, 2012, 10:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCactus View Post
Nief was prompted by allies who did not show up on the battlefield. Also, Gift of Heaven saved your bacon. It was a great game, I learned alot. I still have 10 succubus and 600 bloodslaves with 30 blood commanders. If Ulm, Sauro, or Heilheim had gone 100% to war against you, I would reclaim my lands.

I did gift my gems to Marvingi a couple turns back in an effort to reach a peace settlement, but he wasn't buying. The problem with these big games is that by turn 50, if you are doing well, it takes like 2 hours to plan a turn. So, some people are not willing to play things through if they don't feel like they have much to gain.

I am willing to call Olm the victor. But I refute his claim that going to war with him was a mistake. I did my best...and fell short...This time!
Yellow you did an outstanding job in this game and impressed me the most, more so even than Olm who won it.

Olm said you had disappeared for some time and were no threat to him but you cleverly saved your armies until the Calvary arrived.

Unfortunately the calvary had a brain fart and never showed up, ensuring the win for Olm.

Just awaiting the flak now from others involved, defending their actions...lol...

Hey I make mistakes, others need to learn from this game if they don't want a similar thing to happen in the future.

Just in case you think I am blowing smoke up Yellows arse, he and I are at war in Primordial...once again...good on you mate for doing so.

Oh, and you fighting Olm in this game was 100% the right thing to do Yellow. Anyone who thinks differently is a real danger not only to himself, but every other Dom 3 player.

HD
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Sergeant

Olm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCactus View Post
Nief was prompted by allies who did not show up on the battlefield. Also, Gift of Heaven saved your bacon. It was a great game, I learned alot. I still have 10 succubus and 600 bloodslaves with 30 blood commanders. If Ulm, Sauro, or Heilheim had gone 100% to war against you, I would reclaim my lands.

I did gift my gems to Marvingi a couple turns back in an effort to reach a peace settlement, but he wasn't buying. The problem with these big games is that by turn 50, if you are doing well, it takes like 2 hours to plan a turn. So, some people are not willing to play things through if they don't feel like they have much to gain.

I am willing to call Olm the victor. But I refute his claim that going to war with him was a mistake. I did my best...and fell short...This time!
I do not say it was a mistake to fight me. But I say it was a mistake to do it alone without backup. If you had allies who didn't show up, that's another matter. But had you communicated with Sauromatia, you could have launched a much more dangerous attack. Sauro had just cancelled the NAP with me when you attacked and cut right between us. Convenient for me. Thats why I never took Cuna Eral and Imictan back from you. This postponed his attack on me for a lot of turns, by then you were essentially finished.
Had you attacked simultaneously I would have been in real trouble.

About your surrender: I did not understand it. I thought "surrender" means: I am done and will go AI. That's why I answered with a large teleport action to claim your lands. Had you offered GEM's to me for peace, I had taken that offer, as Kailasa had just attacked me. In fact, had you at that time asked for peace (a third time) I would probably have accepted, as I really regretted turning you down the turn before, when Kailasa attacked.

And to speak up for Sauromatia: When he finally decided to break through your lands to attack me, he did so 100%. He just had not as much success as you, because I was prepared.
To be honest my greatest fear was that you were allied with Ulm, as you both worked together against Arco. But Ulm agreed to a NAP when we met.

And finally a tip for Niefel from an enemy: rely on Skinshifters rather than Giants. They are cheaper and have more staying power. Especially against GfH. I was much more worried about your Skinshifters and always relieved to find those large, blue meteor targets.
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

Quote:
But Ulm agreed to a NAP when we met.
I understand there were a number of new or fairly new players in this game.

Still, I only found out about the above long after it happened when I queried Neif about any allies he had.

Big mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of many committed in this game.
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:51 PM

Major

Folket is on a distinguished road

I have fallen quite ill. Any chance the turn can be postponed for 2 days?
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:01 AM

Sergeant

Olm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folket View Post
I have fallen quite ill. Any chance the turn can be postponed for 2 days?
Relax and cure yourself. The game seems to be over.
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:14 PM

Private

datom is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Bit sad to see this one ended just as I have time to play again

I'd agree with Olm's assessment that he hadn't won but was in the best position. Myself, when time got short, I had to drop all diplo and shifted to a turtling strategy. I was hoping that Helheim and Maverni would clash in Kailasa and then I could vulture up the remains. Reading this thread, I think it's pretty clear a combined effort could have brought down Maverni (I myself was sure Neif/Sauro would bring them down to a manageable size so scuttled away to my summoning labs) and was more worried about Helheim and Atlantis. Then I double-staled through personal circumstances, and the balance had shifted markedly.,,

Good game all, especially Olm.

Last edited by datom; October 18th, 2012 at 12:21 PM..
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Major

Folket is on a distinguished road

I was going to attack Maverni earlier but got attacked by Yomi and that slowed me down. Perhaps that could have been the difference.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

Tiavals is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folket View Post
I was going to attack Maverni earlier but got attacked by Yomi and that slowed me down. Perhaps that could have been the difference.
I would hardly call that a proper attack, it was maybe 2 turns of fighting where I lost a vast majority of my force and you didn't lose much at all. But I suppose it did make you reconsider things.
Old October 18th, 2012, 10:23 PM

First Lieutenant

YellowCactus is on a distinguished road

Folket was also attacked by Atlantis in a random, yet bloody brawl. His invasion plans were set back about 4 turns, and when he went in, I don't think he initially sent many Mages. Not sure how the battles went.