The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 31st, 2016, 09:56 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: APC Development and related topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
In Mobhack, open the OOB with the weapon you want to copy from. Navigate to it on the weapons tab, and then use the copy function. That weapon is now in the paste buffer.

Now open up your target OOB, go to the weapons tab and find a free weapon slot (if there is one - if not, you are stuffed). Paste the weapon you just copied into that slot. Save weapon data before moving off. Now open your modified APC in the units tab, find the cannon (probably slot 1) and change its ID to the slot number you used to paste the copied data into. Change ammo to suit. Save OOB and exit Mobhack. Job done (though you should run the points calculator on the resulting OOB).
May I subsequently distribute a scenario with modified APC as described above without distributing the modified OOB?

=====
Old October 31st, 2016, 10:38 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Any unit, and it's weapons, used in a scenario has to be in the OOB a player is using or you get an error; i.e. a generic unit placeholder and very odd (if any) stats.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old October 31st, 2016, 11:33 AM

Corporal

jp10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
...Slightly off topic I see US modified Phalanx ship missile defence system for ground use, recalibrated to intercept incoming mortar rounds, would assume cant cover much of an area.
Many of these concepts are driven by current problems on the battlefield. IFV's that are used as close support against urban defenses more than anti-vehicle, single shot anti-ambush RPG protection...etc. A Phalanx type anti-artillery defense is probably a Fire Base, fixed point smaller area type of concept. Put it in the center of a FOB and let it worry about the random mortar attack.
Old October 31st, 2016, 02:36 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
Potion Re: APC Development and related topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Any unit, and it's weapons, used in a scenario has to be in the OOB a player is using or you get an error; i.e. a generic unit placeholder and very odd (if any) stats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
Quote:
In Mobhack, open the OOB with the weapon you want to copy from. Navigate to it on the weapons tab, and then use the copy function. That weapon is now in the paste buffer.

Now open up your target OOB, go to the weapons tab and find a free weapon slot (if there is one - if not, you are stuffed). Paste the weapon you just copied into that slot. Save weapon data before moving off. Now open your modified APC in the units tab, find the cannon (probably slot 1) and change its ID to the slot number you used to paste the copied data into. Change ammo to suit. Save OOB and exit Mobhack. Job done (though you should run the points calculator on the resulting OOB).
May I subsequently distribute a scenario with modified APC as described above without distributing the modified OOB?

=====
That is what I had thought. So, in designing a scenario, I am left with two alternatives use the USA 25mm M242 with sabot values or load the Bushmaster 30mm and give it sabot ammo.

Using these two options, I can publish a scenario without distributing a modified OOB.

=====
Old October 31st, 2016, 04:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

Don is it safe to assume you have the USA 30mm STRYKER for the game handled for the next patch? First units were to ready by Dec. 2016 according to JANE's. I would personally use Jan. 2017. Haven't seen anything anything to this point to disrupt that time frame. The 30mm version being in limited numbers will also be up armored slightly from the current ones in the OOB as applique armor is to be added. Also they all will be SYRKYER's with V-Hulls so there should be a modifier for crew survival possibly considered.

Also the current in game STRYKER's should reflect the same starting about Jun. 2014 or Jan. 2015 (Same for the USMC for their LAV's were modified as well with V-Hulls I thought around this time frame as well.) if memory serves for a "new/modified" unit to be added to the OOB.

If you've got this one, I'll post all the refs I have for these units and clean out my APC folder//work-list of this unit. Please let me know at your convenience.

ICON looks great!!

Regards,
Pat

NEVER MIND:
http://www.armyrecognition.com/decem..._12312152.html
http://www.armyrecognition.com/january_2016_global_defense_security_news_industry/general_dynamics_secured_a_$75_million_to_integrat e_a_30mm_cannon_to_the_stryker_program_32001162.ht ml
http://www.armyrecognition.com/may_2016_global_defense_security_news_industry/us_army_awarded_general_dynamics_$329_m_contract_f or_the_stryker_infantry_vehicle_upgrade_50905164.h tml

An issue I'll still be tracking for the USA/USMC Light/Heavy Armor:
http://www.armyrecognition.com/june_..._10906162.html

The USMC LAV-AT new turret:
We had some debate about this vehicle when I submitted info to support it's continued fighting status for the USMC. It appears the newer version (UNIT 018 LAV-ATA2) will need a date modifier based on this next ref. something along the lines of Jun. 2016 but, I think Jan.2017 as a better date to allow for our "swag" based on the completion date of this contract. We do get a better look at the turret though and it has plenty of smoke grenade launchers as well as being better protected then the EMERSON Turret also with a better FCS as well. Also UNIT 027 LAV-ATA1 end date will need to extended out to match the new start date for the above UNIT 018.
http://www.armyrecognition.com/august_2016_global_defense_security_news_industry/raytheon_won_a_$30mn_contract_to_provide_us_marine _corps_with_anti-tank_variant_turrets_51808161.html

Not as much as I thought, which already means I've posted the rest in this thread.

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old October 31st, 2016, 06:32 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

By the way, if you look at the 30mm Bushmaster in the USMC OOB it in fact has sabot ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
The USMC LAV-AT new turret:

We had some debate about this vehicle when I submitted info to support it's continued fighting status for the USMC. It appears the newer version (UNIT 018 LAV-ATA2) will need a date modifier based on this next ref. something along the lines of Jun. 2016 but, I think Jan.2017 as a better date to allow for our "swag" based on the completion date of this contract. We do get a better look at the turret though and it has plenty of smoke grenade launchers as well as being better protected then the EMERSON Turret also with a better FCS as well. Also UNIT 027 LAV-ATA1 end date will need to extended out to match the new start date for the above UNIT 018.
While the dates could be changed it would be cosmetic as in WinSPMBT ATGMs don't use "Fire Control" or "Range Finder" ratings. If they did every infantry ATGM team would need them and become much more expensive.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by Suhiir; October 31st, 2016 at 06:44 PM..
Old October 31st, 2016, 06:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Don is it safe to assume you have the USA 30mm STRYKER for the game handled for the next patch? First units were to ready by Dec. 2016 according to JANE's. I would personally use Jan. 2017. Haven't seen anything anything to this point to disrupt that time frame.
Regards,
Pat
Nope

Quote:
The prototype vehicles will begin a series of industry “shakedown” testing prior to industry contractually delivering the vehicles to the Army in December. Government testing on the platforms begins in January 2017.
MAYBE later 2017...maybe it might get someplace in force. We'll see what we know in March
Old October 31st, 2016, 07:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Quote:
Quote:

=====
That is what I had thought. So, in designing a scenario, I am left with two alternatives use the USA 25mm M242 with sabot values or load the Bushmaster 30mm and give it sabot ammo.

Using these two options, I can publish a scenario without distributing a modified OOB.

=====

OK I was waiting for someone to suggest the obvious but I see that isn't happening ( everything but....)

Maybe a few others might pay attention as well----you're going to LEARN SOMETHING about the game

Buy your US Army Striker........it won't have the proper Icon until next patch but you seemed determined to add it to a scenario anyway........

Change to USMC...

OK so far ?

Now........go to the editor menu and press the " Change the current units data" button.

Now click on weapon 1.... Now...... remember the game now thinks you are USMC because you changed to USMC.....so it gives you the USMC weapon list ( !! )

Enter 77 for the weapon ( TA Da !! .........30mm Bushmaster complete with sabot pen data ) then add the ammo you want......this thing only carries 2x 75 rounds and with autocannot it's bursts so 12 HE and 13 Sabot is what it gets ( still under review along with how many troops it can carry )

Go back to the purchase screen,,,,,, change back to US army and save and this is what you will see
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	14476  

Last edited by DRG; October 31st, 2016 at 07:49 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old October 31st, 2016, 07:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
,,,,,,,,,,,,or load the Bushmaster 30mm and give it sabot ammo.

=====
No.......

If you did it that way you COULD give it sabot ammo.,,,,,,,,,,useless sabot ammo with zero for pen because as I said the US 30mm Bushmaster was set up as an air use weapon and air use weapons don't use sabot ammo so it has no sabot pen set up so you could give it 200 rounds of sabot and every one would have the same effect as firing marshmallows at the enemy
Old October 31st, 2016, 09:07 PM

Captain

Potion Re: APC Development and related topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
OK I was waiting for someone to suggest the obvious but I see that isn't happening ( everything but....)

Maybe a few others might pay attention as well----you're going to LEARN SOMETHING about the game

Buy your US Army Striker........it won't have the proper Icon until next patch but you seemed determined to add it to a scenario anyway........

Change to USMC...

OK so far ?

Now........go to the editor menu and press the " Change the current units data" button.

Now click on weapon 1.... Now...... remember the game now thinks you are USMC because you changed to USMC.....so it gives you the USMC weapon list ( !! )

Enter 77 for the weapon ( TA Da !! .........30mm Bushmaster complete with sabot pen data ) then add the ammo you want......this thing only carries 2x 75 rounds and with autocannot it's bursts so 12 HE and 13 Sabot is what it gets ( still under review along with how many troops it can carry )

Go back to the purchase screen,,,,,, change back to US army and save and this is what you will see
Voila. Excellent tutorial. Only thing I used the Modify the Current Unit's Data.

Now, in the Editor when I right click on the unit, and select Information, the 50 cal TMG not the Bushmaster is loaded in weapon slot 1.

=====

Last edited by shahadi; October 31st, 2016 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: Information screen