BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old April 14th, 2007, 03:38 PM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need tactical help

Stratos, Try using what the US Army calls 'marching fire'. Use the 'z' key to shoot up suspected ambushes with area fire. It won't kill anything ( maybe once in a blue moon, if you get very very lucky) but it will put supression on hidden units. That supression will make it harder for them to see you and easier for you to see them. It will also lower their to hit percentage when they do open fire.
This isn't 'gamey', since Rommel and Patton Both demanded it of their troops while advancing. On defense, it just gives you position away, but it's great when on the offensive.
I have no idea if this was Soviet Doctrine also. The Soviets had a LOT of logistics problem before mid '44 when the US got the supply line thru Iran working and sent the Soviet Union a bunch of trucks.
Old April 16th, 2007, 10:18 AM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road

"a bunch of trucks" Oh man, I´m dying here..

"Now it is time to mount the trucks and send the germans reeling back to Berlin, comrade!"
Old October 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM

Private

TheDap is on a distinguished road

Moving fire actually works!

Guess it's a bit of a newbie exclamation... just picked up the game and I am not too familiar with tactics yet. This thread has help tremendously already.
I have been playing the "Hell is the Same Zipcode" scenario, and it never occurred to me to walk in to town shooting. hehe
By keeping the units together, using the point element, LAV and M1 to fire before the rest move in, I have been able to move my MGs and flash teams around to the "sides" and use them to great effect.
To make a long story short, I've actually been able to get out of the starting area for a change.
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:31 AM

Private

MezMerrick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
RecruitMonty said:
I play as the Germans almost exclusively so it would really help if somebody could give me some pointers.
Check out theBlitz archives; they have a document released by the U.S Army covering everything there is/was to know about German tactics.
The Following User Says Thank You to MezMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old November 4th, 2007, 12:34 PM

Private

Gargantou is on a distinguished road

That's alot of readnig material, shame I don't have the time to read it all, great resources though!
Old December 4th, 2007, 01:24 AM

BANNED USER

Trucks are important in a real war. Real wars are won by logistics, not who has the bigger, badder tank. The Germans found that out in '44. An Uber panzer stuck at the side of the road out of fuel and ammo isn't a very effective fighting machine. Without those trucks, the Soviets would have been fighting in Poland in '47. Those trucks allowed the Red Army to advance 50 Km's in a day instead of 3 or 4. Those trucks brought up the millions of artillery shells the Soviets used to break open the front. Not to mention, bullets, beans, fuel and the dozens (hundreds in most armies) of other things the Red Army army needed to maneuver.
Old December 4th, 2007, 05:52 AM

Sergeant

pdoktar is on a distinguished road

I wonder if any russians in this forum would agree, that actually the american trucks were essential for victory in their great patriotic war against the germans. Of course those trucks help, but considering the size and output of Soviet heavy industry at that time, I think that if the need would come, they´d just manufacture more trucks instead of tanks.. Sure lend-lease trucks helped the soviet advance but still.. Maybe you could present some form of study or will I just have to do some googling myself.

Wll, wiki seems to back you up.
Old December 4th, 2007, 06:42 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

It's true Soviets COULD've manufactured enough of (trucks, rails, railroad engines, railroad cars, radios, modern aircrafts...) but it would all be at expense of something - not only number of say tanks built but also time and with time, food. While Stalingrad was pulled off with little help from Lend-Lease, I can see serious problems with later large-scale attacks like Bagration. Without Lend-Lease they'd come later and with more bloodshed on Soviet side.
Old December 4th, 2007, 07:46 AM

Sergeant

KraMax is on a distinguished road

Certainly nobody denies and does not belittle role Lend-Lease for the USSR.
All other is guesses and inventions since the history has already come true also it should change nobody.
I have not understood... To what conversation about Lend-Lease?
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:39 AM

BANNED USER

http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=5275

snipped;
"In addition, the Russians got about 351.700 trucks and 78.000 Jeeps from the USA. With this the Red Army became more movable as mobility increased."

"The vast quantities of American trucks with USA serials provided, were so common in Eastern Europe in 1944/45, that common folk-lore interpreted the stenciled letters as Ubiyat Sukinsyna Adolfa - Kill that Son-of-a-***** Adolf."

http://orbat.com/site/sturmvogel/SovLendLease.html

Lend lease provided 59% of the Soviet union's aviation fuel and 55% of the aluminum that the Soviets used to build their air force, What was critical were the Machine tools.

War is more then shooting things and blowing stuff up. War is a political act, which means you have economic, moral and cultural considerations also.