.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Tempest - Running

I'm just gonna put this out there since I'm pretty much done,
Dimaz for winner?
Old December 26th, 2011, 02:36 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

I agree
Old December 26th, 2011, 03:39 AM

Corporal

don_Pablo is on a distinguished road

I have to agree.
Due to lack of time and RL pressure I put off the hostilities vs Mictlan.
And it seems to be too late now.

Congratulatuions!
Old December 26th, 2011, 09:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

Mightypeon is on a distinguished road

I totally agree, I think Don_Pablo was the only one still in contention to be honest. I am mainly proud to have survived, and may have even had some influence on the games outcome!
Old December 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM

Major General

I'll wait a bit more to see if anyone else has something to say before I declare the game finished.

In any case, congratulations Dimaz. I got a bit overconfident once I got 3 globals up and started using my conjuration 20% bonus site. Or to put it in another way, I don't think I ever failed so miserably.
After that second or third turn of the war where I lost a bunch of those SCs and half my sacreds I realized I was done. Didn't imagine you'd move against me without knowing what you were up against so I didn't even bother to put up all scripts and items I planned...
Old December 26th, 2011, 09:51 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

Heh, it was one of the rare cases where my carelessness played in my favor I think I was really worried that you'll conquer last remains of Sauro too fast so I had to act quickly after you attacked him. I wasn't sure if it was a good time for a full scale attack but I planned to advance more slowly and wait for reinforcements (I had about 1 ember/2 turns and 175-225 blood/turn at the time) while raiding everything with horrors.
Old December 26th, 2011, 05:50 PM

Private

HorrorFend is on a distinguished road

I'm happy to declare Dimaz the victor. Seems now only a grand alliance could could hope to prevent a complete victory (might be fun--but would likely not succeed anyways).
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

Mightypeon is on a distinguished road

Hah, it looks like my rampant begging for help from all possible sources did something!
Yay!
I was propably to carefull with my main army, after Kailasa attacked me I was like "that cant possibly be all of it, I am weak, but 60ish Yavanas are not enough! hHe must be goading me to gateway a bunch of crap on my head".
On a sidenote, did you know that Wendigos go fatter after battles against Scouts?
Some enterprising players could propably come up with "Wendigo feeding agreements" as new diplomatic proposals
Old December 27th, 2011, 04:54 PM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightypeon View Post
I was propably to carefull with my main army, after Kailasa attacked me I was like "that cant possibly be all of it, I am weak, but 60ish Yavanas are not enough! hHe must be goading me to gateway a bunch of crap on my head".
I was! I was goading you! Hoped to lure you out of the castles and kill you in one big bloody massacre of a turn. I know how Dimaz operates, moves from one target to the next without any pause, so it was just a matter of time before he moved against me. I imagined I had just enough time to kill you and prepare against him. And seeing how he didn't have many troops next to me gave me the impression he'd have to regroup a few turns to attack me, but I was wrong.

Never expected he had so many horror spammers. Didn't see him use them much otherwise I would have organized some defense against the horrors. Actually planned to get a commander and a few units for every province to circulate as an anti horror defense, but decided to do it a bit later. Wouldn't have prevented the horror spamming but it would have undermined the effort considerably.
I may have also expected he'd move against Helheim or Aby since they were weaker and closer than me but that was unlikely since we had no NAP.

Anyway, his timing was perfect. I started summoning large numbers of SCs and equipping them each turn. Mostly Grendels, Cyclops and Treants. Though I had Mehanical giants, Zmeys, Spectres and Shishies too.
Before Dimaz attacked me I had 3 globals up with a hell of a lot of gems, an somewhere near 200 gems income per turn. With that and the 20% conjuration bonus site I started using to summon Cyclops and Zmeys, It should have been my game.
Still have a dozen or so SCs in my possession although I lost twice that much in the last half a dozen turns.

I would have started with mass summoning all the SCs sooner, had hundred of gems just waiting to be used, but unfortunately an early war against TC and Hinnom (turn 14 I think?) at the same time cost me quite a bit research.

Regardless, not quite clear to me how I managed to lose this game so badly.

BTW, Don_Pablo, how much did you use to overcast my Well? I put up 230 gems to overcast yours.
Old December 27th, 2011, 08:28 PM

Corporal

don_Pablo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
I may have also expected he'd move against Helheim or Aby since they were weaker and closer than me but that was unlikely since we had no NAP.

BTW, Don_Pablo, how much did you use to overcast my Well? I put up 230 gems to overcast yours.
I don't remember exactly, ~240 + 20% conjuration bonus site.

And once you had almost the half of the map, we were allied against you.
I expected you vanishing Sauro without any efforts and promising a long and grim war for the rest of us.
That's why I was absolutely shocked by your quick fall.