BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 4th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Private

Gud is on a distinguished road
Default French OOBs

Vichy French OOB includes Breguet 695, Martin 167 and Hawk 75 airplanes, which are missing in "free" French OOB.

Breguet 695 has missing amount of cannons (should be 1, is 0)

In Vichy, unit 396 should be using icon 3444.
Old June 14th, 2006, 06:37 PM

Private

Gud is on a distinguished road
Default Re: French OOBs

Dunno if that's intended, but all off-map arty is dumped in one formation - I think every other country has seperate formations for light, med and heavy guns.

On a more general note - yay for Karl Moerser, but any chances for railway artillery (offmap ofc) ?
Old June 15th, 2006, 05:54 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Unit id numbers are a real help when trying to identify things!.

It would also be handy to have the correct/suggested in-service dates (I will have these for the French OOB 1/40-for fall of France availability.)

The cannon amount for the Breguet was already fixed for the patch as was the icon for the unit in Vichy.

Cheers
Andy
Old March 9th, 2007, 02:36 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

I d'like submit improvised icon for French and Vichy French units

Vichy French OOB08, unit 396 has better icon isted of 3444 can be used 3456 for green 3457 for winter and 3459 for desert
the same vehicles are in French OOB06 units 395 and 396

Another thing in booth OOBs we haven't previos versions of this vehicles Citroen-Kegresse AMC M1923 and Citroen-Kegresse P28 AMR M1932. On this site http://derela.republika.pl/wz28.htm in the part French halftrack armoured cars we can read about this cars they were even used to 1941 in Syria propably by Vichy french units. Some of them were sold to China for one of the warlords. The icons for this vehicles are now ready and exists in shp files in the game.
Old March 9th, 2007, 03:59 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
blazejos said:
Another thing in booth OOBs we haven't previos versions of this vehicles Citroen-Kegresse AMC M1923 and Citroen-Kegresse P28 AMR M1932. On this site http://derela.republika.pl/wz28.htm in the part French halftrack armoured cars we can read about this cars they were even used to 1941 in Syria propably by Vichy french units. Some of them were sold to China for one of the warlords. The icons for this vehicles are now ready and exists in shp files in the game.

It's a little late for this especially as you and the website you quote offer me conflicting information. I do not see anywhere on that website ANY information about a "P28 AMR M1932". I see info on AMC M28 but nothing on "P28 AMR" and then there were just "4 somewhat larger experimental armoured cars AMC M28" So why are we concerned with 4 experimental armoured cars ? This is the same thing that happened to the Russian OOB were I added in all kinds of vehicles by request then a couple years later someone else comes by and tells me to take them all out because they never made it into production !

The AMC M23 is *almost* worth including as there were actually 16 made and used but this other one just doesn't seem to be worth adding. As well this M23, though reported to be used by the French cavalry, does not tell me when or how long it was used. It sound like these where shuffled off to places like Syria and Lebanon and that's it.

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road

My favourite

http://www.chars-francais.net/