This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old June 20th, 2007, 09:42 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Cyber Nation

My nation is progressing nicely, just moved into 5th position from 6th in the alliance yesterday . Pulling in over $200k per day, minus about 47k in bills per day.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:37 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

If no one else has done this, I only collect taxes every 2 days that way I get 12% interest. As long as I leave my reserves around 100K that means I get the maximum 10K interest. I have reached the stage though where it seems it might be better to collect taxes and add infastructure every day.
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:24 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

I hate the resources I have been saddled with. Rubber and sugar are about the two most unwanted resources known to exist in the game. I cannot get good trade partners to save my ***.
Old June 21st, 2007, 01:48 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Will is on a distinguished road

Soon I'll be hitting the 1000 infra barrier... so I'm gonna have to not collect for like a week to get enough cash to balance out the price spikes.
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:08 PM

General

Ragnarok is on a distinguished road

My nation has progressed nicely as well. I have moved from 16th in the alliance standings to 8th currently in the last 2 weeks.

I am bringing in 145K a day and spending 33K in bills. Still have a long way to go but I'm getting there.
They were armed. With guns, said Omari.
Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?
The dreaded derelict dwelling two ton devil bunny!
Every ship can be a minesweeper... Once
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Will said:
Soon I'll be hitting the 1000 infra barrier... so I'm gonna have to not collect for like a week to get enough cash to balance out the price spikes.
Price spikes? Could you elaborate? I'm getting close to that stage as well, so would like to know
Quote:
Rubber and sugar are about the two most unwanted resources known to exist in the game.
Trust me, it's not worse than mine; coal and uranium. No one wants uranium, unless they want to buy nukes; other than that it's nearly useless. The strategy I used to get trading partners is to target players who have obviously just created a nation, and send them trade offers if they have resources I want. Since they're new to the game, they usually don't know that uranium sucks to be trading for

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:52 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I earn near a half a million a day in taxes. But since we are at war with FAN most of that goes for Tank and Military upkeep now.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:29 PM

Corporal

Beck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Renegade 13 said:
Quote:
Will said:
Price spikes? Could you elaborate? I'm getting close to that stage as well, so would like to know
Quote:
Rubber and sugar are about the two most unwanted resources known to exist in the game.
Trust me, it's not worse than mine; coal and uranium. No one wants uranium, unless they want to buy nukes; other than that it's nearly useless. The strategy I used to get trading partners is to target players who have obviously just created a nation, and send them trade offers if they have resources I want. Since they're new to the game, they usually don't know that uranium sucks to be trading for
The price/upkeep on infrastructure jumps 22.2%. Thus at 1000, you make thousands less income than at 999.99. It's called a jump because you need to be able to purchase a huge block of infrastrcuture at the same time to avoid making less money than you were before you made the jump. The amount needed varies depending on your resources and improvements. In general 80-120 infrastructure will see you clear it easily. Some can make it with as little as 5-60. Here is the formula if you want to do the math and get a more accurate estimate.

Excerpt from Feperier's Nation Building Guide
Quote:
Alright, now that I have tackled the costs, I’ll talk about infra jumps. Infra jumps are those times that a nation breaks an infrastructure upkeep cost barrier; the most important ones are the 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 infra marks.
1000 infra jump:
This jump is by far the worst percentage wise, it’s a 22.2% infra upkeep cost increase, translating it into real numbers (using a Trade set I setup), your 88,000 bill will go up to 104,000 with a measly .01 infra purchased. It’s a total loss of 16,000 in income. To calculate how much money you will need to “make the jump” use the formula (provided by Cheesejaguar)

(x)(Population Gain per level of infra)(net income per citizen) - ( (999.99+x)(New Upkeep)-(999.99)(Old Upkeep) ) = 0

And you solve for 0.

x is the amount of infra you need.
New upkeep = ((999.99+x)*0.11+20)*infra upkeep reducers
Old upkeep = (999.99*0.09+20)*infra reducers

Calculate how much x infra costs. To do that, divide x by 2 and add that to 999.99 and apply the cost formula to 999.99+(x/2).

2000 infra jump:
This jump raises your infra upkeep bill by 18.2%. Use the same formula as the 1,000 jump, but don’t forget to replace 999.99 by 1999.99.

3000 infra jump:
This jump increases your infra upkeep bill by 15.4%. Use the same formula as the previous jumps, just replace the infra purchase cost multiplier (25 to 30) and the infra level to 2999.99.

4000 infra jump:
This one increases the infra bill by 13.3%. Use the same formula as the previous jump, just replace the infra purchase cost multiplier (30 to 40) and the infra level to 3999.99.

5000 infra jump:
The last infra jump increases your infra bill by 3%. Use the same formula as the previous jump, just replace the infra purchase cost multiplier (40 to 60) and the infra level to 4999.99.

Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:54 PM

Major General

NullAshton is on a distinguished road

Rubber unwanted? My asphalt SCOFF at you, sir!

Same for coal. Yaaaay, iron. Yay automobiles, yay steel.

Uranium... I don't need that much, at least until I get nukes. You can reset your nation and randomize the resources you have, though.

Vala - "The last time I was this bored, I took hostages!"
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Coal and lumber, or aluminum and water are probably two of the best resources combination to start the game with. EVERY ONE wants those.