.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old September 1st, 2017, 01:49 PM

Private

mjonasz is on a distinguished road
Default Return of the Ottomans - scenario pack 2

The attached scenario pack covers several battles from the book "Return of the Ottomans" - a novel about a hypothetical modern-day invasion of Bulgaria by the Turks who seek to rebuild the Ottoman Empire. The scenarios were all play tested in two player mode and the casualties from each battle carried over to the subsequent ones. Hence, as the war progresses, the player will encounter units that are often severely understrength.

PLEASE NOTE .......SEE POST 5 FOR THE CORRECTED SETS THAT WILL WORK WITH v12...DRG

Last edited by DRG; April 12th, 2018 at 06:39 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mjonasz For This Useful Post:
Old September 6th, 2017, 11:56 AM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Return of the Ottomans - scenario pack 2

Just a quick question, can the creator of these scenarios post the order that they should be played in? For both groups of scenarios? I had to renumber all of them and I'm not sure I have them in the correct order.

Thanks!

Steves308
Old April 12th, 2018, 11:32 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Return of the Ottomans - scenario pack 2

Please be aware that due to changes in the V12 Turkish OOB's there are problems reported with Ruse, Sofia 1 and Sofia 3..... These "Ottoman" scenario did not make it to the last patch and were therefore not corrected for OOB changes made. I am investigating the issues now and will re-issue them renumbered and corrected for V12 at some point

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 12th, 2018 at 12:46 PM..
Old April 12th, 2018, 12:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Return of the Ottomans - scenario pack 2

Further issues found ......on hold

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 12th, 2018 at 12:46 PM..
Old April 12th, 2018, 06:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Return of the Ottomans - scenario pack 2

Attached is a corrected for V12 set of " Return of the Ottomans scenarios numbered from the last scenario issued with V12

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old June 19th, 2018, 07:52 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Return of the Ottomans - scenario pack 2

As you may know, I enjoy mobility, especially scenarios with helicopter operations; therefore, I selected Sofia 1 to play and to my enjoyment it was interesting and fun. To proceed, I have a few observations that I think may help the gameplay experience.

We should separate helo units from the Abn Inf formations. In doing so, we can better utilize the helo carry capacity while reducing the number of helos.

Additionally, we should integrate weapons into rifle platoons.

And, finally, the CH-53E can internally carry 105mm FGs, they are no longer considered a sling load, therefore the number of heavy helos can be reduced to an element of two.

And, I would give the force HQ a vehicle.

What I see in the Turkish Abn Co is one platoon with units from a weapons company, composed of a sniper, a 40mm AGL and two MMGs.

I organized the helicopters into two squadrons of 10: a, lead helo and three flights of three helos. The Hvy Helos are just 2 Helos from the OOB, so as to carry the light trucks as sling loads.

The FV was reduced from 29222 to 27801.

I am not sure the scenario was built from scratch or as a result of prior combat; although the formations are straight out of the Turkish OOB. Having said that, I think the Turkish force would have units from the 1st Army and in the scenario, unit leaders could have been labelled along the following: 1) The 1st Armored Bde, 54th Mech Inf Bde, the Corps Armored Cav Bde, and the 1st Army Aviation Reg.

Now, I noticed the VF have zero value, so the Turkish side has no incentive to capture them, although the scenario outcome is significantly tilted to the Bulgarians. So, I would add value to the VFs, while selecting special Bulgarian units to remain in place by setting reaction turn to 98. All other units at 99 would counter-attack. Just let me say, I would not want to risk an M60T at a cost of 370 for a VF of no value.

Otherwise, it was a great play ending with a MV without risking any of my M60Ts.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Abn Inf Co.png
Views:	549
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	15421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Abn Inf Pl with Wpns.png
Views:	547
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	15422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Abn Inf Pl.png
Views:	215