.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Land of Legends

Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:15 PM

Private

Quitch is on a distinguished road
Default Any plans for a recorder?

This game strongly reminds me of another favourite of mine, Massive Assault, both in its simplicity and abstract presentation... actually there was a game from the Spectrum/early console era that this game reminds me of, but I'm damned if I can remember what it was (or much of anything about it).

One thing Massive Assault has which I've found to be a great feature, is a recorder. Once you've won a battle, or reach any point of a battle in fact, you can record a demo and play it back later. Great for getting assistance, looking over favourite wins, but especially good for learning from your mistakes.

Just wondering if such a feature were planned, or hopefully considered for any sequel/expansion
Old January 2nd, 2006, 09:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

Hiro_Antagonist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any plans for a recorder?

Hey there,

It's definitely something we've considered, and was in the original design document for LOL. Unfortunately, like a few other nice-to-have features, it got cut in the interest of making the game better as a whole, especially the single-player portions, better.

We've already begun the design document for LOL2, complete with new architecture design, and one really neat thing about that is that adding in logs/playback of games will be *really* easy in that architecture. (Too bad we didn't make it so easy for LOL!) But at this point, LOL2 is way in the future, if it gets made at all.

We're actually working on another game now, based on an evolved version of the LOL engine. Unfortunately this one probably won't have logs/playback, but it will likely offer modability, and hopefully a few other user-requested features. We'll definitely keep this in mind though, and implement it if we're able.

-Hiro_Antagonist