.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Land of Legends

Old September 28th, 2005, 06:09 AM

Corporal

Sammas is on a distinguished road
Default Andre vs Sammas

Ok I got thrashed badly 2/2, but will just post the overview since it was a learning experience hehe

Game 1:
Andre (Elf)
Sammas (Human)
Map (Gold Mountain)

Andre went hard runners, and eventually overran me while I made the mistake of pulling out an archangel.

Game 2:
Andre (Human)
Sammas (Random - Orc)
Map (Trinity Islands)

My first time playing as Orc, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Andre followed prophets with a combination of monks and paladins which proved very effective. After scoring a coup at the center city, I collapsed faster than I thought possible.

Good games, and I hope to get my revenge sometime soon
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:48 AM

Private

SargusBane is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Andre vs Sammas

Regarding your first game elf vs human. You should have made prophets to expand and quickly make a paladin or two to clear out the runners. The paladins have high armor and the one hit kills will quickly clear the woods of runners. Archangel are not very good for human unless you are trying to neutralize a top unit from attacking. Such as an ogre, tank or druid. Otherwise I suggest you send waves of paladins follow up with monks. Then have a prophet or two to heal the wounded. Concentrate on healing other prophets first then paladins. When you heal a unit with armor it is even better than one without armor. You can figure the math on that one yourself. Elves are nice and fast but cannot compare to human attack and defense power.

Human vs orc is another matter. Both race are evenly matched. The human do have a more effect expansion unit and the offense and defensive units of the human are more suited. Yet the orcs have a high damage base and they do have that pesky posion and second wind. I will stay my opion on which is better until a few more games.

Regardless if you win or lose as long as you learn something and have fun in the process it was worth the time to play. I have a little in sight in tactics that most do not and I enjoy seeing people develop in this field. I look forward in seeing you, Sammas, becoming a worthy opponent for me and perhaps you can show me a thing or two. Look for me buddy for I will be looking for you!
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:13 AM

Corporal

Sammas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Andre vs Sammas

Thanks for the tips Sargus. Hope to see you around, and we'll see whether I'm worthy enough