.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old January 24th, 2010, 09:48 AM

Private

attilios is on a distinguished road
Potion SCenario help...

I have created some scenario depicting a fictional invasion of China by Soviet Union in 1989... there are some small teething problems yet in them, I am afraid, so can anyone give me help? Maybe I can post them here gradually until all problems are solved.

Thanks and have fun
Attilio
Old January 24th, 2010, 03:28 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCenario help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by attilios View Post
I have created some scenario depicting a fictional invasion of China by Soviet Union in 1989... there are some small teething problems yet in them, I am afraid, so can anyone give me help? Maybe I can post them here gradually until all problems are solved.

Thanks and have fun
Attilio
post them so we can help you
Old January 25th, 2010, 06:22 AM

Private

Shield Re: SCenario help...

Here they are (two more in preparation!)

Thanks muuuch and have fun.

Attilio
Attached Files
File Type: rar COMvsCOM.rar (74.1 KB, 152 views)
Old January 25th, 2010, 03:08 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Had a quick play some points
1) You included all files for 227 a surprise meeting so comments on that
226 you just uploaded 1 file
2) Nice choice of opponents reasonably matched & tricky trying to figure out how to get your SPATGMs in place, managed to do pretty well but required a good bit of study before I moved a unit. Composition then looks very good this looks like it could be fairly difficult have the upper hand at the moment but has required a good bit of thought to achieve give yourself a gold star
Also in most cases you have deployed leaders behind platoons top marks there to, if have Fwd Obs which this doesn't buy after HQ or last so finding is easy, you cross attached stuff as well nice.
3) Map couple of little problems round hexes 46,21 & 66,19 there are level 5 slopes/invisible hills. Map sometimes throws these up dont know why if make several terrain adj in the area. When you think you have got them check the area nearby sometimes it creates new ones as if shifting, can be a pain sorting.
4) Units boy you have been fidling
a) HQ seems to have vanished game directs me to unit (KO) which is a mucked up plane.
b) BMPs have a rather er unusual engine sound.
c) I assume Gaz trucks should contain infantry & Prime movers Artillery.

You may have to sell & rebuy the whole force to fix though the sound problem leads me to believe you have been mucking about in the OOB editor so reloading default OOB might make sense.
Then just adjust stuff in the game editor or use the few spaces left to modify units & save in OOB if anticipate using a lot.

Stopped play because of unit problems in the hope you can fix as otherwise seems great, was it the units you want help with? If so fixing sound for BMP is not a problem though how you fix whatever you did to the HQ is beyond me. Current HQ cant be changed as its a plane loaded in an APC while unit AO shows as a passenger but even if press unload all is nowhere to be found.
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM

Private

Ciao!

Thanks you so much for the detailed comments. I've enclosed here the first scenario I forgot last time, which (I warn you) is very detailed and MASSIVE.

As for the trucks, I tried to follow the FM-23 sthg manuel I've at home about Soviet army, describing structure of a Soviet MRD reconnaissance battalion. The trucks thus represent the radio/Radar reconnaissance company. I added them just for fun and have no role in the battle.

Yes, my main problem was also the lost unit.. if you want and have the tools, modify my scenario at your ease to solve the problems you met. It'll be my pleasure to collaborate.

Ciao and have fun!!
Attached Files
File Type: rar COMvsCOM.rar (236.5 KB, 155 views)
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:36 PM

General

A bit short on time at the mo but will see if I can try & restore HQ unit as think its a good little battle. Will have a play with 226 also are there any problems I should look at there?
On your HQ would not mod it represents your link to HQ more than anything in my view, its the commander or his subordinate in the field to get a live view on the sitution & report directly to wherever HQ is based.
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:39 PM

General

Found a bit of time heres your scenerio 227 back map & BMPs fixed.
HQ what a nightmare only solution I could do is its now invisible you cant access it thought that should not be a problem its in the rear area.

Some points.
1) I hope you have restored default OOBs using manage OOB sets to stop further problems in the future.
2) Leave HQ alone if you want to do anything with it reduce speed to zero & stick near map edge it represents your link to the outside world as in arty parks etc in scenerio 226 you turned it into a tank. This means any sensible player will not use it in combat & risk losing first order of the day is hide it incase enemy has air support.
3) Not sure if you have but do NOT cross attach units to HQ its automatic anyway supose I am saying leave it alone so you dont break it.
4) Buying order as mentioned before forget where FOOs should be buy straight after HQ for ease of finding & SEAD aircraft should always be the first planes purchased. If you want to get clever when have large amounts of arty buy a few to target AAA assets then air followed by the rest of the arty maximises planes chances of being effective. Not important but I would generally buy infantry & there vehicles before armour so it only opfires if they cant deal with it.

On scenerio 226 had a quick look assault with most of the brigades arty by the looks of it do not have access to my OBAT data at present but whats it representing? If do text for suggest mention turn fast arty on for those that dont as assume big barrage at start.
For my own intrest integral to the unit what arty & AA assets does your book say they should have from the top of my head Mortar section looks right & normally 18 Gvozdika SP122mm, handily they can be represented off map by 122mm howitzers as same gun.
AA think there are 8 SAM units think it should be 6 & only a unit facing NATO would have the luxury of all high end normally 4-2 mix though thinking early 80s here if I remember right, the Chinese air force is not great so would not expect top equipment. If you do more vs China might also consider using BTRs instead of BMPs probably oldest model available.
Just some thoughts to consider as trying to be realistic I think & off the top of my head.
Also noticed again have trucks etc for no purpose would suggset you stop adding none combative units they serve no purpose in game player will just use as trucks or more likely hide on turn 1. Silly players might just use them to draw fire.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scenarios.zip (76.8 KB, 145 views)
Old January 28th, 2010, 05:54 PM

General

Included is a fix for scenerio 226 think I got all the problems, not quite sure how you are creating them you only really need to make any adjustments in game editor. Would suggest not messing elsewhere with possible exception of if you want a special icon. Not played yet but have a feeling this may need a bit of balancing due to amount of arty just fixes.
A thought if you want to include none combative units like radar trucks may be usefull as targets for the other side edit one correctly, Rename Radar ..... remove carry capacity increase cost a lot if targets to defend maybe make even slower then clone the unit so all are the same.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Scenarios226 fixed.rar (174.5 KB, 164 views)
Old January 30th, 2010, 07:48 PM

General

Started Scen 226 currently turn 8 initial setup in outlying areas good set up for a few flank shots which luckily I have mainly avoided, will do an AAR on & link here for you follow progress. Want to try using all that arty to flatten the town & see who survives as still think its a bit over the top.
I am no expert but points as I think of them that might be helpfull.
1) When attacking other than East West use the "Set Rally Point" button so route sensibly. Very important if dropping Paras behind enemy lines & can do in game to but not for the enemy.
2) This is just my view but generaly better if the enemy has the best equipment most of my tanks are safe from the front suggest at least swapping ATGMs for the best available.
3) If you have the CD worth setting opfire filter for a couple of enemy units or adjusting range down using Y key. Things like RCLs hard to spot as dug in so screw range down to 5-8 for a more accurate shot. If use Y & fired on from greater range they will return fire if they can.
My brains not worth %$£# had a couple of others but forgot
Edit
Remembered one AI does not know how to use ammo resupply never give it ammo trucks, can give bunkers but set up units to be supplied 1 hex away not ajacent, better to just adjust ammo loadout for it

Last edited by Imp; January 30th, 2010 at 08:18 PM..
Old January 30th, 2010, 09:51 PM

General

The story so far http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...077#post729077