.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 10th, 2009, 08:27 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Cool A bone to chew on!

For those who are looking forward to this new campaign I am including the briefing for SLII-SCEN-004 (Campaign Scenario 5);

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = =
Withdrawal

United States vs Warsaw Pact

Date: August 4, 1986
Turns: 35
Scenario Size: Medium

DATE/TIME
041330ZAUG86

TERRAIN AND WEATHER
Terrain is very open with rolling hills. Weather is clear and warm. It is midday and visibility is about 3000 meters.

___OPERATIONS ORDER

1.__SITUATION:
The Warsaw Pact offensive in Czechoslovakia has severely battered the NATO forces defending the front. In many places the front has collapsed and Pact forces are driving deep into NATO rear areas. 2nd Battalion has not fared much better and you have been ordered to withdraw your company to better defensive positions. A small blocking force has been dispatched to the area near Chalsoviche. You are to withdraw to the South, through this blocking force and take up new defensive positions so that you can cover the rest of the Battalion's withdrawal towards the West German border. You need to move quickly as your company is being pursued by the better part of a Czech Motorized Rifle Regiment. At this time, all fixed wing aircraft are involved in achieving air superiority and will not be in a position to provide ground support. 2nd Brigade Headquarters has allocated some artillery assets to cover your withdrawal.

__a. Enemy Forces:
S2 estimates that you will be facing elements of the Main Body (MB) of at least 1 MRR of the Czechoslovakian 19th CVA Motorized Rifle Division. These forces can be expected to chase your forces as they withdraw to the South in the hopes of cutting off your retreat. Expected units will include T-72's, OT-64 mounted infantry as well as light recon, anti-aircraft vehicles and engineers. As always, you can expect significant amounts of enemy artillery to be used in your sector.

__b. Friendly Forces:
Team Delta, 2nd Bn, 68th AR Rgt, 8th ID

__c. Attachments/Detachments:
3rd Plt, B Company, 2nd Bn, 68th AR Rgt, 8th ID
A & B Battery, 4th Bn, 29th FA Rgt, 8th ID
German Reconnaissance Platoon

2.__MISSION:
Withdraw through the screening line and deploy your forces into defensive positions to the South of and in the village of Chalsoviche. Destroy all enemy forces attempting to penetrate through your sector.

3.__EXECUTION:
Team Delta will move at maximum speed to the South of Chalsoviche while the blocking force provides covering fire. No Air support is available although there should be Artillery support from the Brigade's 4th Bn, 29th Field Artillery Regiment.

4.__SERVICE SUPPORT:
Refuel and rearming will be conducted once the mission is declared complete.**

5.__COMMAND AND SIGNAL:

Captain Jeffries is overall CIC of the operation. Radio silence should be observed at all times.**

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
There is the better part of a Czechoslovakian MRR about 10-15 minutes behind your forces.You need to your forces to the South very fast BUT be on the lookout for enemy scouts and DRT teams in ambush positions attempting to slow you down. Please note, if you move too slow you may find the enemy occupying your new defensive positions as you begin to arrive.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

For those who may be military terminology challenged I am hoping to include a PDF formatted Campaign Handbook that will include some map screenshots, OOB charts, a glossary and some other goodies.

Any comments or questions are welcome.

Also feel free to let me know if you find any spelling or grammar errors.
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:18 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Silver Lions II - Preview

Sounds good.Bravo!. Make that a Double Bravo
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM

Sergeant

Lt. Ketch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A bone to chew on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Deuce View Post
Also feel free to let me know if you find any spelling or grammar errors.
"You need to your forces to the South very fast"
This is the only one I found, but it could have only been in this thread. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Howard Tayer
Old March 17th, 2009, 09:41 PM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Deuce View Post
I have uploaded a "Preview" version (TO THIS POST) that includes 2 full scenarios. You select between 2 possible "options" and fight that battle. Depending on your choice, you either get hit by the Regimental Recon/Forward Security Element/Advance Guard OR the Regimental Main Body of the leading Motorized Rifle Regiment of the 19th CVA Motorized Rifle Division.
Has anyone played this preview in Post #8? Was it too easy or too hard? Do you think you saved enough of your forces to fight 3-4 more battles like this without any repair points?
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:37 AM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

I did, was pretty tough. Managed to keep most of my forces alive and kickin' but at the cost of holding to victory flags.
Old March 18th, 2009, 09:35 AM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road

No, I was waiting for the next version. I can if needed.
Old March 18th, 2009, 01:58 PM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by junk2drive View Post
No, I was waiting for the next version. I can if needed.
No need, unless you have the free time. I am kind of early playtesting as I go and was concerned it may be too easy. For the 1st 4-5 scenarios the player will get 0 repair points. for some newer players this may be too much of an obstacle and turn them off as they get into the 3rd/4th scenarios. In my playtesting I do OK . . but then, I know where and when everything will show up.
Old March 18th, 2009, 03:41 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Must admit did not want to play test as looking forward to the completed project though realise somebody has to, a possibility release 2 versions one easy(er) with relaxed repair points or inc in docs suggestions on what to change to for an easy ride as its simple enough. Keeping it tough is a good thing in my view & relaxed repair points will allow newer players to keep more of there force intact hence gaining exp by being able to repair damaged squads etc.
Old March 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Private

pecoragialla is on a distinguished road

Hi
thanks for the preview I choose option 2 and played the scenario. The game was funny but also a turkey shoot, it ended on turn 20 with most enemies fried and all hexes in my possession, I lost only 5 infantrymen.

Unfortunately there's a typical problem of the AI that doesn't know how to use mech/motorized infantry, it moves the APCs up to the frontline and never dismount unless fired upon and near the enemy. Most times it is too late for the passengers.

I always felt there was a problem in all scenarios when the AI uses APCs infantry. It would be more challenging if the designer could set when and where the AI dismount and leave the APCs behind, otherwise they're doomed the be target practice for the human player.

If you want to increase the difficult I suggest more arty for the AI or a couple of air missions or a couple of foot infantry companies (in the role of dismounted mot.infantry, assuming they've left the APC off map). Unless it was only a foretaste of the battles ahead

regards
R
Old March 19th, 2009, 09:59 PM

Sergeant

junk2drive is on a distinguished road

After reading the next update list, you may want to hold off on any further work until it is released.