.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Dungeon Odyssey

Old November 28th, 2004, 08:52 PM

Corporal

DarkStar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Xerathul\'s revenge (module discussion thread)

Any news on the new Version?

I decided to run thru the module again this weekend. I ended up with a strange bug. Maybe someone here can help me out.

I made it to the 2nd dungeon level. There are 2 stairs. One is down and the other one is up. The funny thing is that the stairs that has the DOWN graphics goes UP. The stairs that have the UP graphic doesn't do anything.

I'm trapped in the level I can only go up. The level is VERY small and I don't see any other way to advance. I have explored the whole level and there wasn't any monsters or items. It seems like there is a 3rd level to the dungeon but I can't reach it.

Is this a bug? What am I supposed to do? It's very strange and I don't think I can finish the game.

Any ideas are welcome.

On another note is anyone else still making modules for this game? Things seem to be dead around here.
Old November 29th, 2004, 05:06 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road

Hmmm it is indeed a bug.. (or two seperate bugs really)
There are only two dungeon levels, so the stairs down (who seem to connect to the level above now ) should not go anywhere right now. I just put them there for future Versions. The stairs have been repaired in my current Version.

The second bug seems a lot more serious, I've run into it once in the new Version of the module that has not been released yet, I thought it wasn't present in the old Version, and I have not been able to reproduce the bug since. it seems like you just did .

The tiny level you are on should contain the current end boss of the game (a huge skeleton-demon with a group of fire elementals) but for some reason the game does not generate him on certain occasions, the problem is that you need to defeat him to win the game (and get the current lame ending)

There might be some hope for your game though, the one time I ran into this the demon-lord was found hiding on the first dungeon level instead of the second, I'm not sure what caused him to be generated there.. So unless you've already completely mapped the above level there might be some hope of finishing the game. Could you let me know if you find him there? It would be good to know wether it's the same bug I found, or a new one.

Thanks for the bug report

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5
Old November 29th, 2004, 06:44 AM

Corporal

DarkStar is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info. I did clear the level above as far as I can tell. I didn't see the boss you talked about. I guess I will run around up there again in hopes he will appear. If not guess I can't win the game.

There isn't a way I could hand edit something to make him appear again?

I will keep looking for bugs. I haven't seen any since the Last bug report I sent you (almost a year ago I think). The module seems pretty clean.

Looking forward to the new Version when it is released.
Old November 29th, 2004, 07:56 AM

Sergeant

henk brouwer is on a distinguished road

I think content of levels can not be changed during a game since all the maps are generated at the start, and all monsters are placed during the map-generation, and not later... except for summoning.

maybe you could change some existing monsters properties and give him a spel ability that summons the offending demon-lord... that would be a lot of work though, and I'm not sure wether it would work.
Also the endgame is really not that good in the current Version, so you're not missing that much.. (you kill the demon-lord and get a victory message)

I'm affraid your game is lost, sorry..

Christmas module v1.05 (attached to first post)

Xerathul's Revenge v0.5