BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old November 30th, 2016, 05:15 AM

Sergeant

Griefbringer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MG 34 - MMG/HMG what's the difference

Speaking of Puppchen, it already exists in the game. Very powerful HEAT round, but the tactical use tends to be limited by the 12 hex range.
Old November 30th, 2016, 08:50 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikkiwik View Post
Hi I Just read my book Mg34-MG42 by folke myrvang and I think there are some misconceptions in this thread.
MG34 or 42 do not have a heavy barrel.
The La fette tripod was always issued with a telescopic sight.
So the MMG and MMG tripod don't exist! You can remove it and put in the puppchen instead. But I guess this isnt possible because of the scenario issue.

various HMGs, 30 cal for example have been given bipods, but the 34 was the first HMG to be light enough for that to make sense.
Nothing is going to change, there is a lot of evidence that the telescopic sight was not always used when the 34/42 was mounted on the tripod. There is no " misconception " on my part about the barrel on an MG34..... I own one.

Don
Old November 30th, 2016, 06:58 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi I Just read my book Mg34-MG42 by folke myrvang and I think there are some misconceptions in this thread.
MG34 or 42 do not have a heavy barrel.
The La fette tripod was always issued with a telescopic sight.
So the MMG and MMG tripod don't exist! You can remove it and put in the puppchen instead. But I guess this isnt possible because of the scenario issue.

various HMGs, 30 cal for example have been given bipods, but the 34 was the first HMG to be light enough for that to make sense.
As Mobhack mentioned vague recolections, this has all been discussed before. You could assume poor training or whatever decision was arrived at for the MMG version.

Off topic relating to Z fire thread and the validity for having it read recently about the British using the Vickers MMG. In some cases they would have one or even 2 spotters to triangulate faster, Ranging burst, spotter(s) correct then direct the sweep. this was done for inderict fire to so they were used just like artillery.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 04:31 AM

BANNED USER

Kiwikkiwik is on a distinguished road

Well DRG you are a very lucky to have such a fine piece of machinery and yes that is right you have no misconception.
Can I draw your attention to something else? In another post I pointed out how the USMC emplaced flak begins to engage planes at over a kilometer, like normal Flak. But the Japanese and Italian emplaced Flak doenst enagage planes until the are about 200m away. This means the Axis emplaced flak gets shot up by planes pretty easily. This didnt raise any interest. What do you think, another nonstarter? If I can help in any way I will, if it gets it to the bottom of your to do list.

Japanese units 480 and 481.
Italian units 295, 390, 391, 392, 393, 570, 571, 572, 573, 575, 576, 577, 578, 580.
USMC unit 129.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 06:03 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well DRG you are a very lucky to have such a fine piece of machinery and yes that is right you have no misconception.
Can I draw your attention to something else? In another post I pointed out how the USMC emplaced flak begins to engage planes at over a kilometer, like normal Flak. But the Japanese and Italian emplaced Flak doenst enagage planes until the are about 200m away. This means the Axis emplaced flak gets shot up by planes pretty easily. This didnt raise any interest. What do you think, another nonstarter? If I can help in any way I will, if it gets it to the bottom of your to do list.

Japanese units 480 and 481.
Italian units 295, 390, 391, 392, 393, 570, 571, 572, 573, 575, 576, 577, 578, 580.
USMC unit 129.
You have already started a thread on this in the main forum, so please do not confuse matters by asking the same question in a thread that has nothing to do with the thread's topic.

See the Forum Rules, section 2 "Topic Guidelines", paragraph 3 beginning "Do not post..". (The forum rules can be seen by clicking on the "Forum Rules" link at the top of the page).

Asking the same question in multiple threads makes it nigh on impossible to keep track of things, and thread drift leads to confusion.

Therefore, ask your question again in the already running thread. (There is a perfectly obvious reason why one of those might do something different to all of the others).
Old December 3rd, 2016, 09:19 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: MG 34 - MMG/HMG what's the difference

Quote:
In another post I pointed out ..............
The answer was provided, by Scorpio and MOBhack in that thread but you choose to ignore it and repost it here.....don't do that again