Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 24th, 2009, 10:27 PM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road
Default Several Game Questions

1. Is there anyway to tell how many turns there are in each scenerio etc? Some give the amount but most don't. Am I missing something?

2. On the end result table (player at start and losses), it shows men, afvs etc at start and lost. The numbers are the same. How can you tell what you started with, what you lost and what the other side started with and lost? Its a little confusing.

3. Ref smoke. I noticed that tanks and ground units that have the ability for using smoke, only fire in their hexes, at least thats what i've been able to do. Can they fire more then in there own hex?

tks for help

mac

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:47 PM

First Lieutenant

iCaMpWiThAWP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Several Game Questions

1. check the black bar at the bottom, in the right
2.i think the total thing only works in campaigns, it keeps track on the number of men you lost during all the battles, it doesn't shows the starting number
3. tank,mortar and any other gun can fire smoke rounds at their main gun max range, some tanks also have smoke dischargers, infantry can only fire smoke in adjacent hexes
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:59 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac5732 View Post
1. Is there anyway to tell how many turns there are in each scenerio etc? Some give the amount but most don't. Am I missing something?
If the designer didn't bother to tell you in the description, all you can do is start it up and take a peek.

See post above for the answers to #2 and #3
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:31 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac5732 View Post

2. On the end result table (player at start and losses), it shows men, afvs etc at start and lost. The numbers are the same. How can you tell what you started with, what you lost and what the other side started with and lost? Its a little confusing.

3. Ref smoke. I noticed that tanks and ground units that have the ability for using smoke, only fire in their hexes, at least thats what i've been able to do. Can they fire more then in there own hex?

tks for help

mac

1/ If the number of game turns is not mentioned in the description then the only recourse is to start up the scenario and look at the bottom of the screen under Visibility and it will give the number of turns

2/ Gives losses on both sides but it's primarily a campaign info tool as it will track yours and the enemy's losses with each campaign game played

3. If the tanks has smoke ammo ( you can check that by right clicking on the unit and look for smoke ammo ) you can fire it by pressing X then picking a spot on the map. It may or may not land on target. If the tank has smoke dischargers that's different than smoke ammo and only fires into the next hex. Infantry can only throw it in the adjacent hex

Don
Old February 25th, 2009, 11:51 PM

Brigadier General

mac5732 is on a distinguished road

I thank you for all your help... as for tanks and smoke, everytime i try to use the tank to shoot smoke, I smoke myself UGH.. haahahahah, I'll keep working on it.. Thanks all once again for the answers

mac

BEWARE; crochety old geezers play SE4, in between bathroom runs
Phong's Head Parking