.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old March 12th, 2010, 03:11 PM

Corporal

Radio_Star is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cinggis Qayan, Wrath of the Khans 3 eras -- Update 5

I've been following the progress of this mod for awhile now and have some feedback.

Tenger (Hero) has 7A. Seems pretty high?

Shudkers in PD have no leaders and rout.

The description for the spell Kharash cuts off.

MA starts with too large a gem income.

MA Ugadans are not priests, but seem like they should be?

Khan cannot summon allies like I think he's supposed (#makemonster2 "Kheshig") to? Also, Erlik displays strange behavior with his domsummons. When in normal form, he domsummons soulless and everything's fine. In bear form, he domsummons spirits and a non-leader Grigori that's inactive in combat? It also generates multiple "The Grigori has disappeared in a puff of smoke" messages. Khan pretender also only summons 1 of the two listed domsummons. I don't think you can have more than one domsummon with the same value.

EA suffers heavily from having both domkill and domturmoil. I really don't think they're powerful enough to justify both, particularly the turmoil.

Summon Shudkher is wickedly broken. 10 slaves is a steal just for 5 RP. While you have to pay upkeep on it, it's a better deal than a lot of your other mages, depending on the era. Of course, you also get an 80% shot at a B3 mage, a 40% shot at a D3 and a one in three chance of a B3D3. As for the 10% that come out as total whittles? Well, someone has to lead the dozen kickarse Sholmoses you get as part of the deal. The spell would be a deal at probably three times the price and should also probably have a research level increase since you're getting a nice mage commander along with the troops.

All in all, it's a really fun mod. I've been enjoying the horse-horde feel and think that there's a ton of goodness already present with more to come. Great work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Radio_Star For This Useful Post:
Old March 12th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Corporal

Globu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_Star View Post
The mounted commander looks good, but almost seems too .. busy? It's very detailed, but I sort of lose the overall feel when looking at it.

The archer, particularly the attack sprite, is just darn awesome.
I was afraid that might be the case. Is there any particular spot on it that throws off your eye, so to speak? Is it still a bit too bright? I have some thoughts, but they're compromised by overfamiliarity with it, and so a second eye is very helpful.

Thanks for the feedback, Radio_Star. Much appreciated, as I'm still trying to fine-tune my sprite-making/converting.
Old March 12th, 2010, 07:19 PM

Corporal

The texturing on the horse's head throws me a little, but I think it's mostly the uninteded circle on the rider, bounded near the top by the buckler, running counter-clockwise just over the rider's boot, continuing through the texture on the fabric until meeting back up just over the buckler. Maybe now that I've stared at it a little I'm being oversensitive, but that circle really does just yank my eye.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radio_Star For This Useful Post:
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:29 PM

Corporal

Globu is on a distinguished road

Thanks for pointing those problems out, Radio_Star, and I forgot to mention, thanks for the compliment on the archers. I totally see what you mean about the circle -- hopefully a better buckler and some improved definition will break that circle's profile a bit.

I've worked on it a bit and put it in my album, but I'll keep further nitty-gritty questions on it to PM.
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

Redeyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio_Star View Post
Air has the path-number one, so I guess the idea was to give Tenger 1 of path number 7?
I believe that's blood, but I am working from memory...

I am a fan of your ideas Kennydicke and I will definitely take a closer look very soon
The Following User Says Thank You to Redeyes For This Useful Post:
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:01 AM

Corporal

kennydicke is on a distinguished road

Hail,

Globu
Quote:
Now for a monster of a sprite: the Mongolian Mammoth. (Ancient mammoth? Siberian Mammoth?)
While a mammoth might be a slightly better choice for the relative area, I chose to go with Mastodons - an animal uncovered in vanilla. Thanks for the sprite - I dig it!

Radio_Star
Quote:
The archer, particularly the attack sprite, is just darn awesome.
I agree; Globu outdid himself there.

Quote:
I've been following the progress of this mod for awhile now and have some feedback.
Thank you!

Quote:
I forgot the boost variable - was supposed to be 3 - fixed.

Quote:
Shudkers in PD have no leaders and rout.
Oops, forgot to add death mage to PD - fixed.

Quote:
The description for the spell Kharash cuts off.
Fixed.

Quote:
MA starts with too large a gem income.
A holdover from spell testing - fixed.

Quote:
MA Ugadans are not priests, but seem like they should be?
I removed holy magic from them awhile back, I had meant to make them priestesses again - fixed.

Quote:
Khan cannot summon allies like I think he's supposed (#makemonster2 "Kheshig") to?
He used to, but now he won't - removed.

Quote:
Also, Erlik displays strange behavior with his domsummons. When in normal form, he domsummons soulless and everything's fine. In bear form, he domsummons spirits and a non-leader Grigori that's inactive in combat? It also generates multiple "The Grigori has disappeared in a puff of smoke" messages.
I woefully under-tested EA, sorry - fixed.

Quote:
Khan pretender also only summons 1 of the two listed domsummons. I don't think you can have more than one domsummon with the same value.
It seemed like it worked before, but it definitely doesn't work now - fixed.

Quote:
EA suffers heavily from having both domkill and domturmoil. I really don't think they're powerful enough to justify both, particularly the turmoil.
Agreed; they were more for flavor than anything - removed.

Quote:
Summon Shudkher is wickedly broken.
Upon further testing - agreed.

Quote:
10 slaves is a steal just for 5 RP. While you have to pay upkeep on it, it's a better deal than a lot of your other mages, depending on the era. Of course, you also get an 80% shot at a B3 mage, a 40% shot at a D3 and a one in three chance of a B3D3. As for the 10% that come out as total whittles? Well, someone has to lead the dozen kickarse Sholmoses you get as part of the deal. The spell would be a deal at probably three times the price and should also probably have a research level increase since you're getting a nice mage commander along with the troops.
Feedback reviewed, assimilated, and regurgitated - changes made.

Quote:
All in all, it's a really fun mod. I've been enjoying the horse-horde feel and think that there's a ton of goodness already present with more to come. Great work.
Thank you very much!

Redeyes
Quote:
Air has the path-number one, so I guess the idea was to give Tenger 1 of path number 7?
It was supposed to be A3 - a coding mistake on my part. I rush myself too much, and get sidetracked.

Quote:
I am a fan of your ideas Kennydicke and I will definitely take a closer look very soon
Thank you very much, too!

I'll upload the updated/fixed mod immediately after this post.

Later
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:25 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Cinggis Qayan, Wrath of the Khans 3 eras -- Update 5.2

Arrrgh!

Having trouble with two new units: 'Khadny Mangaa' and 'Arvan Tavan'. I wanted to make them heroes, but they seem too strong as they're both SCs. Anybody think otherwise?

For now, they're both in the mod but disabled.

I don't want to make any new spells unless it's necessary. As it is, I'll probably have to split the EA off into a separate mod to help with spell slot compatibility.
Old March 21st, 2010, 05:04 AM

Corporal

mehrunes_dagon is on a distinguished road
Bug Re: Cinggis Qayan, Wrath of the Khans 3 eras -- Update 5.2

due to bug in "Summon Burkhan" spell description, the spell shows up in spell list but is uncastable

pathline 1 num

must be added, for the spell to work

Last edited by mehrunes_dagon; March 21st, 2010 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: forum engine disliked brackets in my text
The Following User Says Thank You to mehrunes_dagon For This Useful Post:
Old March 21st, 2010, 05:25 AM

Corporal

Thanks mehrunes_dagon, I fixed it. Forgot to give a pathlevel when I added the second path.

I also removed all the extraneous sprites from the archives.
Old March 21st, 2010, 12:36 PM

Corporal

Summons for chotgor and abaasy require air magic, but this is not displayed.

Amurs only have a bite attack. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that they were supposed to have a leap attack?

Having mapmove 4 troops without a real mapmove 4 leader seems a bit .. frustrating? Consider increasing manghit udagans to mm4 or reducing scouts.

There's a 2nd manghit recruitable in MA which is recruit anywhere.

Call of the mastodon is scary. It scales at +2 summons per level, but even at +0, 4 of those monsters appearing on the flanks for 1 gem is frightening. I'd suggest maybe 2 summons for 1 gem and +1 per level?

Shudkhers have 23 natural prot.

Genghis pretender not summoning troops.
The Following User Says Thank You to Radio_Star For This Useful Post: