.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:17 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Confused Mines!, IEDs, Booby Traps, and other nasty things

When using mines, IEDs, and booby traps are points awarded to the side that clears a mine field or demolition of an IED or booby trap? Also, I have noted that a single mine can clear within 3 turns, IEDs take from 6 to 9 turns, and booby traps can be cleared within 5 turns by an engineer section. Are these estimates about right?

The IED seems the most lethal, is this accurate? Or, are there other considerations to take into account?

I placed these nasty things on paved roads, in buildings, and on terrain with about the same experience of demolition as noted above. Except, that engineers sometimes will detonate an IED or booby trap rather than clear them as is the case with mine clearing.

Also, in my testing to understand how these devices behave, mine clearing gives a status while the others simply state if the IED or booby trap is ready or not. Is this also fairly typical in the game?

In a nutshell, please share any ideas how to use these little buggers in a scenario. Oh, does the size of the engineer unit impact the clearing or demolition of any of these devices? Say, a 10 man unit clears a mine or IED faster than a six man unit?

That's all folks!