.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 10th, 2012, 10:38 PM

Private

Hugo06 is on a distinguished road
Default Equip against Mandeha

Hi.

I need equipment to my Rudra, she must fight against 1 or 2 Mandehas, i have constr 8.

Thnks
Old January 10th, 2012, 10:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

brxbrx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Equip against Mandeha

I wonder what the effects of Solar Brilliance (from that piece of the sun artifact) would do to their darkness aura.
What are your paths?
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM

Sergeant

PriestyMan is on a distinguished road

It is literally impossible to answer your question without more info. are the mandeha alone, what gear do they have, what kind of scripts have you seen, are your rudra going in alone?
Old January 11th, 2012, 05:39 AM

Private

Hugo06 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestyMan View Post
It is literally impossible to answer your question without more info. are the mandeha alone, what gear do they have, what kind of scripts have you seen, are your rudra going in alone?
She its not alone. Have 40-50 Kala-Mukha Warriors+ 25 Soulles, and some light Archers.

I script my Rudras with Soul Vortes+Phoenix Pyre+Attack flyers, but the Mandehas have some aura (chill?), and the Rudra always die.
I put equip in my Rudras: Shield of Gleaming Gold, Frost Band, Flambeu, Hydra Skin Armor, Boots of Messenger and Antimagic Amulet.

My Rudras its not alone too. But i only have Bandar Warriors and Light Archer, and with the Darkness they die faster.
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:04 PM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

Solar brilliance cancels the darkness aura (This also cancels their dark power stat boosts, I don't know if they get a malus if solar brilliance is active, but I doubt it). The Mandeha have a sleep aura. iirc you cannot cancel this, so get as much reinvig as you can. It only does fatigue damage.

Get some demon bells and cleansing water spammers to get rid of the support troops.

General, how to beat SC X advice:
- Try to go for the resistance they are missing. (In this case, the -100% fr means they almost always miss some sort of defence).
- They are large, so they are usually priority targets. Blood has a lot of good anti SC spells. Else, freeze, blind, or incinerate them.
- If they have all resistances, they usually lack combat skills, get a flying anti-sc sc of your own to beat them up.
- If they are demons, get weapons that do more damage vs demons.

Personally I would beat him this way (if the mandeha is kitted and used like I think it is):
- Get a caster to cancel the darkness, by casting solar brilliance.
- Get some demon bells, some cleansing water spammers and cast stuff like heat from hell and other fire spells. (lankan demons have a fire malus).
- Have one
- Ignore the Mandeha. He will rout as soon as the support troops are dead.
- Teleport rudra on his possible retreat provinces.

Of course, this needs one thing, you need to be able to predict which province he is going to attack next, or you need his army to stay still.

Or, if it is a combat mandeha.
- Gear some rudra to be able to defeat the support troops.
- Gear some Yaksha earth randoms to cast petrify.
- Beat the troops to a pulp, walk over to the immobilized mandeha, beat the immobilized mandeha to a pulp.

Even better, combine the two methods above. And always add one s2 caster to horror mark the Mandeha. Eventually the horrors will take care of your problems.

As you probably play bandar log you should have little problems, you have all the magical paths except blood.
http://wolfsbane.alwaysdata.net/Spells.html
Test stuff, use the debug mod:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM

Captain

Bwaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Charm.

Get a eye and a rune smasher...

o.O

He who laughs last didn't get the joke.
Saber

Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Socrates used to say, the best form of government was that in which the people obeyed their rulers, and the rulers obeyed the laws.
Old January 11th, 2012, 03:24 PM

Private

el cid is on a distinguished road

this thread sounds familiar to game I am involved in.

For me the best way to combat any demons,being Mandehas or other, has been to use demon cleansing plus rigor mortis. It seems the fatigue effect of rigor mortis is doubled, and in a very short time all demon creatures become unconcious.

I have been able to destroy an army of 4 Mandehas this way with not that amusing mages. Just have to cast undeade constantly until they become exhausted, and then the battle is pretty much over.
Old January 12th, 2012, 01:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

brxbrx is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by el cid View Post

For me the best way to combat any demons,being Mandehas or other, has been to use demon cleansing plus rigor mortis. It seems the fatigue effect of rigor mortis is doubled, and in a very short time all demon creatures become unconcious.

I have been able to destroy an army of 4 Mandehas this way with not that amusing mages. Just have to cast undeade constantly until they become exhausted, and then the battle is pretty much over.
Mandehas are H3. They can deal with undead pretty easily. Assuming they're wearing some sort of reinvigorating device (which shouldn't be hard, as nature magic is one of Lanka's paths), four of them would be able to mop up those undead and then take a bite out of the mages summoning them.
Old January 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM

Colonel

Soyweiser is on a distinguished road

brxbrx, it al depends on how your enemy has scripted them. Attack closest mandeha die vs undead spam as described above.

Demon cleansing is a great tip btw. I always forget that spell...

Assuming equal resources, the player who is able to react on the scripts of the other will always win.
http://wolfsbane.alwaysdata.net/Spells.html
Test stuff, use the debug mod:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM

Private

el cid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brxbrx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by el cid View Post

Mandehas are H3. They can deal with undead pretty easily. Assuming they're wearing some sort of reinvigorating device (which shouldn't be hard, as nature magic is one of Lanka's paths), four of them would be able to mop up those undead and then take a bite out of the mages summoning them.
The thing is that with demon cleasing+rigor mortis the Mandeha gets an average of 10 fatigue points per round, plus the fatigue he might get from fighting.

The Mandehas I was fighting had reinvigoration, but only about 4. They started throwing spells to power themselves (mistform,mirror image, etc), and when they got to fight they were already over 50 fatigue (with the spell casting plus the rigor mortis+demon cleansing).

They fought for about 10 turns before they passed out. Just fighting a small dead army.

Either you use most of its slots to reinvigorate (boots, items) etc, or they will get tired very fast.