.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old March 3rd, 2004, 02:16 AM

Major General

Arryn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noob\'s shot at an R\'lyeh AAR

Quote:
Originally posted by CharonJr:
after casting the scripted spells they became virtually useless
If the mages are squids, you can try 5 scripted spells, then "Fire Closest" so that instead of using spells the AI uses mind bLasts. This at least guarantees 10 more attacks that aren't useless AI picks ...

[ March 02, 2004, 12:17: Message edited by: Arryn ]
Old March 4th, 2004, 01:59 AM

Sergeant

CharonJr is on a distinguished road

Well, since everybody seems to be asleep I simply have to attack Man and Atlantis. Maybe this will wake up some people

Turn 47

Research in alteration has been completed (level 9) and thaumaturgy is up to 7.

5 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas, another 8 in Kolermegor and 4 in Dunheim.

Acashic Record cast on Cimri revealed 1 magic site –

Indie barbarians attacked my province of Tirannea, but were easily defeated by my troops.

My tax income has been increased permanently by 25 gold in Kolermegor.

My province of Gol Ryepe was attacked by Ulm with 10 archers, 5 militias, 5 Black Plate Infantry, 5 Infantry of Ulm and 3 sappers being led by a Master Smith and the Moloch (Ulm’s pretender). My defenders consist of 21 PDs, 25 militia fodder, 20 blood slaves (doh !) being lead by Meges (my Cyclops), a scout and a commander. Meges casted Invulnerability and Strength of Giants on himself, the Moloch summoned 10 imps and the Master Smith castin Curse of Stones (fighters lose endurance quickly) with Meges following up the Legions of Steel and Iron Will. The imps were quickly beaten by the PDs. Meges cast another Strength of the Giants and Iron Warriors (making curse myself for not scripting anything for him since he is supposed to be a SC, not a caster). My militias were easily routed by the Infantry of Ulm while the Moloch jumped right into my fodder and PDs breaking my slave troopers very soon and puting my blood slaves very close to the fighting. My lobo guards very able to break the Ulm militias, Black Plate Infantry and Infantry of Ulm. Meges cast Blade Wind next (great, still no close combat ). The Master Smith was casting very efficient Magma Bolts but was not able to save the Moloch from the onslaught of the lobo guards. While Meges was down due to fatigue his Spirit Helm kept casting Lightning Bolts, but except 1 imp at the beginning it kept missing. Despite the archers killing a fair number of lobo guards they pressed on and finally engaged the archers, routing them soon after. When Meges git back into the action he cast another useless Blade Wind (all missed) and was down again. The armies of Ulm were routed shortly after this and my troops were only able to kill the stunned soldiers. In the end I lost 7 fodder while killing 17 Ulm troopers and the Moloch.

Nicia was defended by 10 crossbowmen and 5 archers being led by a priest and a S
siege engineer. They were no match for my 20 heavy infantry and 10 archers lead by a mage and 2 priests and routed after losing 2 troopers and 1 commander.

Midland was defended by 18 crossbowmen and a priest who were defeated without a loss, routing after just 1 was killed.

My 5 knights being lead by a mage attacking Banded Hills routed after the first volley from roughly 20 crossbowmen killed the mage.

Forest of Idun was defended by 20 militias, 10 crossbowmen, 10 Infantry of Ulm, 5 archers and 2 knights led by 3 siege engineers, 1 commander, 1 master smith and a priest. My army consisted of 15 Illithid Soldiers, 1 commander and a mage who was hit by crossbow bolts on the firsts turn and imediatly tried to retreat. 1 of the knights was killed, the other one stunned by the first volley of mindbLasts. About 20 more troops were killed/stunned before they got into close combat range with my Illithids, but a stray bolt killed my mage. 5 Illithids got into close combat while the others kept bLasting. The infantry broke when all my Illithids atarted to attack, but the ranged troops kept firing. When my Illithids reached the crossbowmen they broke and Ulm routed. I lost 1 mage and 1 Illithid Soldiers while killing 42 troopers and all commanders. The Starshine Skullcap was retrieved by my commander.

Glisas defeated the PDs and 10 troops in Lupia without any problems.

Atlansha summoned another Greater Otherness.

It seems like Well of Misery is adding 20 death gems to my income which will be very hand for my summoning program.

I have decided that since Atlantis and Man will not attack me, that I will attack them A bit too early since I could use additional preparation, but since I try to simulate them declaring war on me, I don’t want to be more prepared than I am now.

Provinces: 70
Treasury: 1.938
Income: 3.618
Upkeep: 1.822
RP: 545
Fortification: 9
Temple: 17
Converted Provinces: 32

Conjuration – 9
Alteration – 9
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 7 (researching,will reach 7)
Blood Magic – 7

Fire gems: 90 (+18)
Air: 39 (+15)
Water gems: 39 (+22)
Earth: 9 (+9)
Astral gems: 1 (+23/+18)
Death: 0 (+11)
Nature: 40 (+12)
Blood: 9 (+1)

Updated province information:

Ah, I found Ulm, restoring my faith in Dom’s naming conventions

My Provinces:

Due to the info about my provinces getting longer and longer I will skip this one, too.

Mainly I reduce taxes by 10% for each 5 points of unrest/raise them again when unrest is going down.

The Golden Adept is 1F, 1A, 2S and will research, another one will be recruited.

I got a 1W, 1E, 3S, 1N mage who will get a Skullcap in addition to the Sceptre of Authority and will lead 30 Illithids and 2 Greater Otherness vs the Altantean province of Devourer – recruiting 1 more.

The Lore Master turned out to be 3W, 1N who will research – recruiting 1 more.

3 More Vine Ogres will be summoned for 1 nature gem in Kolermegor.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Ermithia.

The 4 Clams are given to a star children in C’tis, the Trident from Beyond to my 5W mage in Tiash, the Skull of Fire to my 3(5)F mage in Tiash and the Armor of Souls to my 3(5) blood mage in Tiash.

Tartarian Gate will be cast for 10 death gems in addition to summoning a King of Elemental Fire for 50 fire gems, Awaken Treelord for 50 nature gems, Crossbreeding for 15 blood slaves and a Queen of Elemental Air for 50 air gems.

My mage led army in Namor will attack 10 of Man’s longspears + PDs in Dust Fens, mainly looking for Man’s capital.

The Troll King with 35 barbarians from Moss Woods and the mage in Spire Woods with some fodder will attack Man in Laria.

My 2 fodder armies in Tirannea will attack Holoma, but might very well lose this fight if the PDs are strong enough.

1 mage led army with 8 Illithid Soldiers will attack Gol Amrod from Glanis while the remaining 3 mage led armies will attack Recenna.

My army in Jotunheim (10 barbarians) will play archer fodder for the estimated 70 longbowmen in Kark who will be attacked by Glisas.

1 mage led army in Iron Range will attack Silvania while the other mage led army will move to Moss Woods to fill potential gaps in my northern front with Man.

Since I lack the forces to finish Ulm fast I will siege their capital with my armies from Forest of Idun (commander + Illithid Soldiers) and 2 mage led armies from Midland supported by a 2H priest.

The 2 commanders from Nicia will move to The Two Woods and Witches Copse to pick up troops there – they might be attacked on the way, while the remaining forces will continue the siege.

My army in Glimmering Fields will try to take Yellow Mountains from Atlantis.

The commander in Gol Ryepe will fetch more fodder from Nifel.

Meges will try to liberate Giant’s Rest, this time he will be scripted to cast Invulnerability and Summon Earthpower before attacking.

My mage led army from Talito will move to Glimmering Fields.

The mage from Hoburgdorf will move to Glimmering Fields, too.

A commander and 16 fodder will move from Abysia to Gol Ryepe.

My 3F mage from Birman Hights will move to Aran Plains.

Due to me needing the money for troops I will not build the 8 planed temples for now, the priests will preach.

3 Starshine Skullcaps are forged for 12 astral gems to replace my lost mages since I need more commanders for figthing all 3 nations in addition to 3 Sceptres of Authority and a Skull Staff (+1D) for 5 death gems.

23 Illithids will be recruited in R’lyeh.

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART47.JPG
Old March 4th, 2004, 01:15 PM

Corporal

condors is on a distinguished road

that Last combat report made me smile,

I have had my own experiences with a passing out cyclops

keep the updates coming
Old March 4th, 2004, 09:37 PM

Sergeant

Turn 48

6 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas, another 6 in Kolermegor and 4 in Dunheim.

Acashic Record cast on Ermithia revealed 1 magic site – Mineral Cave (+1 earth gems).

A King of Elemental Fire, a Treelord, a Queen of Elemental Air, a Tartarian Titan (no leader, afflictions: never healing wound and diseased), 3 Vine Ogres and 20 Foul Spawn were summoned this turn.

Ressources have been increased by 10 in Old Man Mountains.

Devourer, Silvania, Holoma, Yellow Mountains, Gol Amrod, Laria, Recenna and Dust Fens were taken without any serious resistance.

Nicia and Forest of Ildun were defended vs attacks from low numbers of enemies.

Meges attacked 15 crossbowmen and 6 Black Plate Infantry led by a Master Smith and a priest in Giant’s Rest. After casting Invulnerability and Summon Earth Power Meges charged the enemy. The Black Plate Infantry was routed by Meges Fear Aura (+5 fear) and after reaching the crossbowmen those routed, too.

Glisas and the small barbarian army (10) were met by 40 longbowmen, 20 militias and 5 crossbowmen in Kark. Sadly Glisas routed (despite 30 morale) after the barbarians were broken/killed while only being able to kill 5 longbowmen.

Ulm was defended by 30 crossbowmen and 10 Infantry of Ulm led by a priest and a Commander of Ulm. My forces consisted of 5 knights, 6 Vine Ogres and about 10 fodder. 4 Infantry of Ulm were enslaved and attacked their former friends while my 5 knights charged the crossbowmen. The crossbowmen fought bravely killing all but 2 knights and 2 Vine Ogres before routing.

Provinces: 80
Treasury: 2.258
Income: 3.887
Upkeep: 1.925
Converted Provinces: 37

Conjuration – 9
Alteration – 9
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 7 (researching,will reach 8)
Blood Magic – 7

Man, Dust River and Dust Hills are each defended by 50+ longbowmen, making it very challenging to attack them. I should have build some Staffs of Storm earlier...

My Provinces:

Due to the info about my provinces getting longer and longer I will skip this one, too.

Mainly I reduce taxes by 10% for each 5 points of unrest/raise them again when unrest is going down.

The Golden Adept is 2F, 2A, 1D and will research, another one will be recruited.

I got a 1W, 4S, 1N mage who will get a Sceptre of Authority and will lead 29 Illithids to C’tis – recruiting 1 more.

The Lore Master turned out to be 2F, 1A, 1B who will research – recruiting 1 more.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Silvania.

The Skull Staff (+1D) is given to my 1W, 3S, 2D mage who will summon Pale Riders for 10 death gems.

A Starshine Skullcap (+1S) is given to a 3S mage in Gol Phalas who will continue with his 10 Vine Ogres towards the northern front to Gol Ryepe.

A Starshine Skullcap (+1S) and a Sceptre of Authority (+25 leadership) are given to a 3S mage in R’lyeh who will move to Kolermegor to pick up some more Vine Ogres while another identically equiped 3S mage will move to pick up the summons in Tiash.

The Robe of the Sea (+1W) is given to my 5(6)W mage in Tiash who will forge a Water Bracelet (+1W) for 1 water gem.

The King of Flames from Tiash will move to Hoburgdorf while the Queen of Elemental Air will move to Gol Ryepe.

The 3F Adept moves from Aran Plain to Dunheim with the other 3F Adept moves from Birman Hights to Aran Plain.

My mage led army from Silvania will move to Faran in order to attack Kark next and defend Faran now.

The 2 fodder armies will move from Holoma to Gol Amrod while my mage led army with 8 Illithid Soldiers will attack the lightly defended province of Ryd from Gol Amrod.

The armies led by the Sea Troll King and a mage supported my a starspwan priest will move from Laria to Dust Fens, getting into position to attack Man’s capital and protecting Dust Fens for now and as additional defense the PD is raised to 10.

The mage led army in Dust Fens (2 Greater Otherness, 2 Sea Trolls and 3 Jotuns in one squad, 6 riders in the other one) will try to attack roughly 60 longbowmen/longspears in Dust River, possibly getting severely beaten. Man would have been the more interesting target, but with 25+ PDs in addition to 60 longbowmen I would like some additional troops. I have to hope that Dust River is not heavily defended by PDs. Glisas will support the attack.

The fodder army from Nifel will move to Bolfagon, the mage led army from Moss Woods to Stone Heavens and 1 commander will be recruited in Jotunheim to attack Kark next turn (and defend the provinces into which they are moving).

My 3 mage led armies (mainly 7 Greater Otherness, 4 Otherness, 11 Illithids and 10 fodder) from Recenna will try to take Dust Hills which is defended by roughly 130 militias, longbowmen, light cavaleries, flagellants and spearmen.

PD in Yellow Mountains will be raised to 10, but I doubt I will be able to defend the province if Atlantis launches a determined attack. Meges will move here in order to try to defend the province.

Wailwind Waters is defended by roughly 20 Atlantean spearmen and Ichtyids and hopefully my commander leading 14 Illithid Soldiers will be enough to beat them.

The commander in Witches Copse fetched 17 fodder and will move to support the siege in Nicia.

The commander in The Two Woods picks up a lone knight and will move to Nicia, too.

My heavy mage led army in Devourer will attack the barely defended province of Depth of Dago.

A small fodder army moves from Gol Ryepe to Glimmering Field.

Sadly I lack the nature gems to cast Gift of Reason on my new Titan, but will do so on the next turn, but in order to test the Treelord’s Vine Ogre summoning ability (he has a bonus there) I will summon some Vine Ogres with him.

Tartarian Gate will be cast once again for 10 death gems in addition to summoning another King of Flames for 50 fire gems.

1 Blood Thorn (+1B) is forged to get another mage high enough in blood to hunt for blood slaves in addition a Sword of Swiftness (2 attacks) for 4 water gems and 4 Clams of Pearl for 16 water gems.

27 Illithids will be recruited in R’lyeh.

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART48.JPG
Old March 5th, 2004, 09:38 PM

Sergeant

Turn 49

Thaumaturgy reached level 8 this turn.

9 blood slaves were captured in Gol Phalas, another 7 in Kolermegor, 8 in Glimmering Fields and 4 in Gol Ryepe.

Acashic Record cast on Silvania revealed 1no magic sites (first time that I failed ).

A King of Elemental Fire, a Tartarian Titan (no leader, afflictions: feebleminded), 6 Vine Ogres (so a Treelord is able to summon 3 Vine Ogres without any tools) and 22 Longdead Horsemen were summoned this turn.

Some earth gems were found in Gol Ryepe and Jerib, while I recieved some astral pearls, a magic item (Wall Shaker – nice, could have used this one BEFORE sieging Ulm ) and 100 gold as a gift in Ulm (looks like somebody knows who is going to win there ).

My forces trying to take the Depth of Dago caught the Altantean pretender – a wyrm with 416 HP – supported by 10 Atlantean Spearmen, 10 tritons and 1 Consors in addition to 1 Initiate of the Deep while my forces consisted of 30 Illithids and 2 Greater Otherness led by a mage. The spearmen broke after the first volley of mindbLasts which killed 4 of them and stuned 3 others. The tritons attacked my rear and managed to kill 3 Illithids before being killed/broken. 2 tritons were enslaved and the pretender paralysed after the 3 paralyse cast on him effectivly ending the battle.

Man attacked my forces in Fagan (8 heavy riders and 7 jotuns) with 33 longbowmen, 5 tower guards and 2 knights led by a Castellan. Both charging knights were enslaved and with infantry quickly dispatched. 19 troops and the commander of Man were killed while my forces didn’t lose a single man.

My forces attacking Ryd were a tad too slow since the defenders were able to retreat before the fight began and only left the PDs who were easily dispatched.

A part of Man’s troops in Dust Hills moved to Namor and conquered it without a fight, again my troops were to slow to attack Dust Hills.

Right after this my forces attacked the remaining forces in Dust Hills – 10 militias, 7 Cu Sidhe and 3 light cavalery led by a monk and a castellan. Due to 3 mages the Cu Sidhe were enslaved before even getting into close combat the Illithids were bLasting away at the remaining troops and Man routed before my Greater Otherness got any chance to engage them.

The PDs in Wailing Waters were killed by my Illithid soldiers in 1 turns.

The PDs in Dust River + 1 additional commander withstood my onslaught 1 turn longer

The walls of Ulm have been breached and my troops in Dust Hills are beginning to starve.

Sadly my troops have been too slow on the attack costing me an undefended province and forcing me to redirect some of my troops to deal with the 130 troops of Man in Namor.

Provinces: 83
Treasury: 2.154
Income: 4.137
Upkeep: 2.065
Converted Provinces: 40

Conjuration – 9
Alteration – 9
Evocation – 6
Construction – 8
Enchantment – 7
Thaumaturgy – 8 (researching,will reach 9)
Blood Magic – 7

My Provinces:

The Golden Adept is 3F, 2A (argh, now I get TONS of them, oh well, of to Tiash), another one will be recruited.

I got a 1F, 2W, 3S mage who will research – recruiting 1 more.

The Lore Master turned out to be 1A, 1E, 1S, 1D who will research – recruiting 1 more.

Acashic Records will be cast for 25 astral gems on Spire Woods (I need more nature gems now since I still can’t cast Gift of Reason and have 2 Titans waiting for it + 1 Tarrasque).

The Water Bracelet (+1W) is given to my 5(7)W mage in Tiash .

4 Clam of Pearl are given to star children in C’tis.

The Blood Thorn (+1B) is given to a 1B star spawn mage and a Dousing Rod will be forged for 8 blood slaves for him his turn.

The King of Flames from Hoburgdorf will move to Glimmering Fields while the Queen of Elemental Air from Gol Ryepe will move to attack Banded Hills.

The 3F Adept moves from Dunheim to Tiash with the other 3F Adept moves from Aran Plains to Dunheim.

The commander in Bolfagon (+3 troops), the mage led army in Faran, the barbarian leader and his 10 barbarians in Jotunheim and the mage led army in Stone Heavens will attack Kark.

The 2 small mage led armies in Ulm will storm the castle now supported by a priest.

My mage picks up 23 Vine Ogres in Kolermegor and will move to Gol Phalas.

The mage led army from Gol Ryepe continues to Yellow Mountains.

The 2 fodder armies from Gol Amrod will move to defend Recenna.

My 3 combined armies from Dust Fens and Dust River (2 mages, 1 Sea King Troll supported by a star spawn priest) attack Man’s capital this turn.

Since my army in Ryd is too weak to attack Dustlands I will move them to defend Dust Hills, but I hope that Glisas is strong enough to tackle the 60 longbowmen and longspears in Dustlands.

My 3 mage led armies in Dust Hills will attack Namor.

The mage lead Illithid army from Depth of Dago will attack the lightly defended Utterdeep.

The Bane Lord in Gol Phalas is given the Sword of Swiftness, the Wall Shaker and the Winged Boots and will move with the 22 longdead horsemen to Glimmering Fields.

The mage lead Illithid army in C’tis plus some fodder will attack the lightly defended province of Soth Beaver.

Meges and a fodder army from Yellow Mountains will try to conquer the Atlantean province of Ministra which is defended by 70 Altantean Spearmen, War Shamblers and Shamblers which might mean quite a fight there, but I want to attack this force before there are able to possibly interfere with my siege of Nicia where I expect the walls to be breached on this turn.

Ghost Riders will be cast on Namor for 5 death gems for which the Skullface (+1D) will be given to the 2(3)D mage in Gol Phalas in addition to casting Awaken Dark Vines for 12 blood slaves.

Another Skullface will be forged for 8 death gems this turn in addition to 6 Clam of Pearl for 24 water gems.

Angelic Host will be cast for 50 astral gems on Dustlands to support my attack there with some artillery. I am not sure if the summons will attack before or together with my armies or if there are differences between summons, that’s why I try 2 summons into enemy provinces here.

1 of the mages in Tiash picks up some troops (25 assorted Foul Spawns and 3 Vine Ogres) and moves together with the King of Magma to Hoburgdorf.

A lab will be build in Glimmering Fields for 200 gold (to get magic items there and move to blood slaves to my lab).

27 Illithids will be recruited in R’lyeh.

To be continued...

CharonJr

Map: http://homes.highspeed3.de/CharonJr/R'lyehAART49.JPG
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:49 PM

Sergeant

Geez, fairly busy week here, but I hope to be able to get some turns in again during the weekend

CharonJr
Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:20 AM

Major General

Arryn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by CharonJr:
Geez, fairly busy week here, but I hope to be able to get some turns in again during the weekend
Been nigh on six weeks. I miss reading Charon's Posts. Especially now that patch 2.11 has dramatically changed the effectiveness of squiddies ...