.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 1st, 2009, 05:46 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default vs AI Tournament (Actually a Campaign)

Regarding the "vs AI Tournament (Actually a Campaign)" mentioned in this thread Design Contests, Tournaments and other ideas!

I have decided to shorten it to 5 battles so we can use the maps Marek has made. This means to participate you would only be required to play a total of 5 battles against the AI so there is no need to "wait" for your opponent to send you their turn.

There is no "special" number of players needed. The player with the combined total score over 5 battle wins.

The player's Core Force would be about 4500 points total and you would command a BTR equipped Motorized Rifle Battalion.

For those looking for more details here is the Core Force;

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
3rd MOTORIZED RIFLE BATTALION (BTR),
146th MOTORIZED RIFLE REGIMENT,
48th MOTORIZED RIFLE DIVISION
(FORCE VALUE: 4448)

BATTALION HEADQUARTERS

...Headquarters

MOTORIZED RIFLE COMPANY
...10x Mech Squad
...12x BTR-60PB (+)
...6x 7.62mm PKMS MMG

MOTORIZED RIFLE COMPANY
...10x Mech Squad
...12x BTR-60PB (+)
...6x 7.62mm PKMS MMG

MOTORIZED RIFLE COMPANY
...10x Mech Squad
...12x BTR-60PB (+)
...6x 7.62mm PKMS MMG

ANTITANK PLATOON
...2x 73mm SPG-9 RCL
...3x BTR-60PB (+)
...6x Malutku-P Team

MORTAR BATTERY
...6x 120mm Mortar
...6x GAZ-66

AIR DEFENSE PLATOON
...9x Strela-2 SAM
...3x BTR-60PB (+)

AUTOMATIC GRENADE LAUNCHER PLATOON
...6x 30mm AGS GL
...3x BTR-60PB (+)

FORWARD OBSERVER
...1x Art Observer
...1x MT-LBu 1V12

BATTALION HEADQUARTERS TRANSPORT
...BTR-60PB (+)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

As you can see their is a definite lack of armor and heavy weapons available making the battles that much more of a challenge. Support Forces will be purchased for each battle by me depending on the mission, terrain, etc. These forces will likely concentrate on making up for the lack of heavy weapons for your unit but commanders must make due with what they are given, not necessarily what they want.

Last edited by Double_Deuce; April 1st, 2009 at 06:10 PM..
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:06 PM

Captain

gila is on a distinguished road
Default Re: vs AI Tournament (Actually a Campaign)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Deuce View Post
Regarding the "vs AI Tournament (Actually a Campaign)" mentioned in this thread Design Contests, Tournaments and other ideas!

I have decided to shorten it to 5 battles so we can use the maps Marek has made. This means to participate you would only be required to play a total of 5 battles against the AI so there is no need to "wait" for your opponent to send you their turn.

There is no "special" number of players needed. The player with the combined total score over 5 battle wins.

The player's Core Force would be about 4500 points total and you would command a BTR equipped Motorized Rifle Battalion.

For those looking for more details here is the Core Force;

3rd MOTORIZED RIFLE BATTALION (BTR),
146th MOTORIZED RIFLE REGIMENT,
48th MOTORIZED RIFLE DIVISION
(FORCE VALUE: 4448)

BATTALION HEADQUARTERS

...Headquarters

MOTORIZED RIFLE COMPANY
...10x Mech Squad
...12x BTR-60PB (+)
...6x 7.62mm PKMS MMG

MOTORIZED RIFLE COMPANY
...10x Mech Squad
...12x BTR-60PB (+)
...6x 7.62mm PKMS MMG

MOTORIZED RIFLE COMPANY
...10x Mech Squad
...12x BTR-60PB (+)
...6x 7.62mm PKMS MMG

ANTITANK PLATOON
...2x 73mm SPG-9 RCL
...3x BTR-60PB (+)
...6x Malutku-P Team

MORTAR BATTERY
...6x 120mm Mortar
...6x GAZ-66

AIR DEFENSE PLATOON
...9x Strela-2 SAM
...3x BTR-60PB (+)

AUTOMATIC GRENADE LAUNCHER PLATOON
...6x 30mm AGS GL
...3x BTR-60PB (+)

FORWARD OBSERVER
...1x Art Observer
...1x MT-LBu 1V12

BATTALION HEADQUARTERS TRANSPORT
...BTR-60PB (+)

As you can see their is a definite lack of armor and heavy weapons available making the battles that much more of a challenge. Support Forces will be purchased for each battle by me depending on the mission, terrain, etc. These forces will likely concentrate on making up for the lack of heavy weapons for your unit but commanders must make due with what they are given, not necessarily what they want.
I've noticed a absence of helicopters, attack and transport.
Unless I'm missing something it would be all wheels/tracks and boots on the ground?
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:21 PM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
I've noticed a absence of helicopters, attack and transport. Unless I'm missing something it would be all wheels/tracks and boots on the ground?
And you would be correct. As a BTR MRB Commander that would be your actual core force. The extras would come with the support purchase points for each battle in the campaign. I will use those points to select for each battle depending on the map, mission, etc.

In the 1st battle (Meeting Engagement) you are to probe the enemy front. For this mission you get 2x T-62D's and 12x tubes of 122mm arty. These are Regimental level assets allocated to you by the MRR Commander.
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:36 PM

Captain

Quote:
Quote:
I've noticed a absence of helicopters, attack and transport. Unless I'm missing something it would be all wheels/tracks and boots on the ground?
And you would be correct. As a BTR MRB Commander that would be your actual core force. The extras would come with the support purchase points for each battle in the campaign. I will use those points to select for each battle depending on the map, mission, etc.

In the 1st battle (Meeting Engagement) you are to probe the enemy front. For this mission you get 2x T-62D's and 12x tubes of 122mm arty. These are Regimental level assets allocated to you by the MRR Commander.
Sounds good Double D!
I would love to do a tourney by those guide lines
Would it be just for CD owners?
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:25 PM

Major

Quote:
Sounds good Double D!
Nope, anyone can play, CD or No CD will be fine.

You are playing regular campaign battles against the AI BUT instead of playing normally, you are basically playing the battles that pop up in my campaign as I proceed from the save game files. This way everyone get the same mission with identical forces, map, etc. The key is how each player does in each mission. Since it is a campaign that I am playing, everyone has to start each battle with the identical force as I do.

To give a better overview.
  • I create the 5 Battle Campaign using the criteria I listed (player core force, enemy nations, dates, etc).
  • I load a custom map, set up the VH's based on the mission (and the story I see unfolding in my head), the # turns, etc.
  • I save the campaign and send it to all participants (it will be loaded by players like a regular saved game file).
  • You load the Save File, deploy your forces how you see fit as the MRB Commander and play the battle.
  • When you are finished, you send me the End Game File and I record the results (point totals).
  • The results of MY battle only, are carried over to the next battle (since its a regular generated campaign on my machine) and this means everyone plays the next battle with whatever I have been able to repair between the battles.
I will probably get about 10 turns into my copy of each battle before I release the "Save File" to players. This way I can create more a more detailed intel briefing for the players to go along with the game file and give you some idea of what is out there.

Last edited by Double_Deuce; April 1st, 2009 at 08:40 PM..
Old April 1st, 2009, 09:05 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road

I am in, 001 and 004 of my single player save games are occupied though. (yes I could copy but I rather not)
Old April 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM

Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds good Double D!
[*]The results of MY battle only, are carried over to the next battle (since its a regular generated campaign on my machine) and this means everyone plays the next battle with whatever I have been able to repair between the battles.[/list]
So players would have to battle with the same amount of pt's as the Gamemaster has (after playtesting the forthcoming battle) in R/R, i think i got it!
Novel idea!
I love it
Old April 1st, 2009, 09:21 PM

Captain

Count me in as well.
When you get it ironed out
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:14 PM

Major

Quote:
So players would have to battle with the same amount of pt's as the Gamemaster has (after playtesting the forthcoming battle) in R/R, i think i got it!
Novel idea!
I love it
Yes, I will be playing a regular Generated Campaign game. When I get to the deploy part for each battle, I save the game and then I play the first 8-10 turns (saving in other slots so as to not overwrite the first saved file) so I see what I (and the players) will be facing. With that extra "Intel" from those 8-10 turns I then write up a mission briefing, and maybe a map overlay, and send the earlier save game file to all the players. When you open it, you will go straight to the deploy phase (the map, Victory Hexes, etc will have already been set) and all you can do is deploy your forces and then play the battle.

One thing though, if I get stomped the campaign may end early.
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:18 PM

Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post
I am in, 001 and 004 of my single player save games are occupied though. (yes I could copy but I rather not)
You should be able to play it out of any saved game slot. Its not secure, etc, just a regular saved game file.