.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old October 26th, 2017, 06:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default SaS TrooP non-series or limited series scenarios

Hello Miśki,

I decided to create a general topic for various scenarios I sometimes release. Series, such as OCS or WW3 will still be released in appropriate topics.

I'm back again, finishing some scenarios, though I did not have enough time to test those. Here is one untested, but I put a lot of heart into it, so check it out when you think it its worth.

This one depicts with detail second battle of Quang Tri (1972), the very first major operation commanded and executed fully by South Vietnamese with US troops acting only in advisory role. It's pretty big, but smaller than my usual ones, so those scared of my scale should like this one.
it also probably includes biggest ever level bombers mission, or at least I do not know anything getting close to it.

There is VERY detailed and long information in scenario text, so I will not make this long and just recommend you to read it.
It goes to slot 392.
I am happy for some feedback as I am not that much into Vietnam

Stay tuned. Short series are about to be released as well as new scenarios of WW3 series
Attached Files
File Type: zip 392 Battle of Quang Tri 1972.zip (104.7 KB, 616 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old October 30th, 2017, 02:33 AM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SaS TrooP non-series or limited series scenarios

Fun scenario.

It is a classic example of how the US hoped they could fight the war in Vietnam using overwhelming airpower, artillery, and mobility.

Sadly it did not work out that way most of the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to RetLT For This Useful Post:
Old August 29th, 2019, 03:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

After some break I come back with some scenarios both for MBT and WW2 that can interest you.

DALDOKA BATTLE 12/2012

Quote:
The Battle of Daldoka*
Date: 10th December 2012*
Battle Location: Daldoka village area, just south of Kadugli, Sudan*
Battle Type: Sudanese assault vs. Sudan People's Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N)*
In May 2011, ahead of South Sudan's scheduled independence, tensions rose around the status of the Abyei Area, an oil-rich region that was statutorily part of both South Kordofan and Northern Bahr el Ghazal states. As South Kordofan was slated to remain with the North while Northern Bahr el Ghazal was seceding together with the rest of what was then Southern Sudan Autonomous Region, the status of Abyei was unclear, and both Khartoum (Sudan) and Juba (South Sudan) governments claimed the area as their own. On 5 June 2011, armed conflict broke out between the government of Sudan and Sudan People's Liberation Movement (northern sector) in broader South Kordofan state, ahead of the scheduled independence of the South on 9 July.
On 10 December 2012, the Sudanese army, reinforced by a few paramilitaries of the Popular Defense Forces, attacked the Sudan People Liberation Movement-North (SPLM-N) in Daldoko, northeast of Kadugli, South Kordofan. The attack was made from two direction : a diversionary direct attack and a main flank maneuver.
According to SPLA-N Brigadier General Dawood Isaiah, the force consisted of 2,226 soldiers arranged in two columns backed by 9 tanks and several artillery units. The fight began around 11am that morning. Just outside of Daldoka, SPLA-N forces waited for the Sudanese government forces with 4 rebel tanks.
SPLA-N gathered a force of around 1,500 soldiers to support their 4 tanks and re-engaged the SAF force. After nearly three hours of intense fighting, the rebels forced the Sudanese government troops to retreat and abandon several tanks.
During the battle, the SPLA-N captured 5 Sudanese tanks and destroyed one. The rebel force also captured two Armored Personnel Carriers, four Land Cruisers, a 120mm mortar and assorted small arms. After the battle, SPLA-N soldiers in Daldoka could be seen organizing thousands of rounds of ammunition captured during the battle.
Notes: Since I did my best to recreate forces of both sides, scenario is playable from any side. As Sudanese, your forces are divided into two columns, while terrain ion the north was found unsuitable for tanks. Your mixed mechanized force is supported by People's Defence Force militia and dreadful Murahlin fanatics to spearhead your advance. Use them to capture both villages identified as Daldoka and remove rebel threat from South Kordofan.*
When playing as rebels - hold out. Try to ambush the enemy columns and do not let them into the villages.
Sources: Various Internet sources, yet namely Nuba Reports coverage*
Design by: Macin "SaS TrooP" Kaluza*
Attached Files
File Type: zip Daldoka Battle.zip (172.1 KB, 494 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post:
Old September 1st, 2019, 11:34 PM

Major

Thanked 1,053 Times in 619 Posts
RetLT is on a distinguished road

Played both sides against the AI and you are correct that it can be played from either side.

Things got a bit dicey up north on the defense. It was only the arrival of 2 of the T-55s that turned back the last APCs.

Only thing I noticed was that in the narrative it says that a 120mm mortar was captured but neither side has them.
Old March 18th, 2020, 04:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

And now rather exotic scenario, but possible one!
And I also believe this one is one of the most entertaining I made.

DRG, this is just to you - I had some issues when making this one (I made some mistakes), and certain units are removed the scenario late, so formation naming does not go like A, B, C, D etc. (there are holes) Can you fix it while attaching this one for new version? I attempted to do this via scenhack, but failed miserably.

Quote:
Not what we wanted*
Date: August 1989*
Battle Location: Ostiglia, near Mantua, Lonbardy, northern Italy*
Battle Type: Portuguese assault (with Italian and US support) vs. Soviet/Hungarian defence*
WWIII has begun in Europe.
By early August, the war is not going well for neither side. Soviet push was successful on many fronts. Denmark capitulated after heavy fighting, West Germany is on verge of collapsing (with US and British forces with it) and Austria has been overrun completely. All those gains came with heavy cost. Majority of first line Warsaw Pact units suffered tremendous casualties. Western, Central and Southern Groups of Forces are essentially no more.
Follow on forces appear for both sides on the now slowed battlefront.
2nd line NATO allies mobilize as said in international accords. French suffered casualties in Germany, but are still able to fight. US National Guardsmen arrive en masse. After nearly two weeks of hasty preparation, the Iberian Peninsula finally reaches the state of proper readiness. Spanish Army deploys to France.
Portuguese forces. Well, this is a different matter. One of the least powerful of allies, Portuguese army is in decline since Carnation Revolution in 1975. Thus by 1989 Porguese are able to deploy just one proper heavy fighting worthy unit, which is the BMI - Brigada Mista Independente, or Independent Mixed Brigade.
Unit is modelled after now obsolete US ROAD battalions. It consists of strong recon battalion, a M48A5 tank battalion and three mechanized battalions, but out of them only just one is properly mechanized on M113s - the rest is in fact truck driven. Some engineering units and somewhat modern M109A2 howitzers are also available, with numerous ex-US AA vehicles. The supply with ATGMs is good and training decent, but budgetary cuts haunt the commanders.
According to the NATO defence schemes, BMI is readied for the disposition of Allied Forces Southern Europe (AFSOUTH). But deployments are delayed for political reasons and Portueguese land in Italy only now, when battle of Austria is already lost, as is lost a large portion of northern Italy.
The Italy still holds. But not for long. Soviet attacks were finally stopped at the Po River - the one that caused so great concern to Allies back during World War 2 - and both parties are now at halt. Italians welcomed the break at first - their battered troops can finally reorganize and refit. But soon it became apparent that Italy will not sustain its societal costs and gearing without the industrialized north, now in Soviet hands. Intelligence also reports that Soviets perhaps have no interest in pushing further. Instead they plan to install the puppet government of People's Republic of Italy, that may undermine Italian integrity in the event of looming ceasefire.
After hesitation, AFSOUTH attempts to conduct a limited offensive and reclaim at least an important portion of northern Italy and avoid knocking Rome out of war. The plan is to launch main assault through the Po River with several others as diversive attacks and within 4 days reach Milan and Venice.
The Porguesue trained for delayed actions and careful deployment of their ample ATGMs. They trained for defence. Now however it was made apparent to the portuguese commander that BMI is to launch the assault across the Po River in second diversionary attack, with main breakthrough attempt is made in-strength by 5th Italian Corps supported with infamous 82nd Airborne.
This is surely not what the Portuguese wanted. But it is something that must be done.
Commander, you are in charge of entire Brigada Mista Independente. We know you lack modern equipment, but this attack simply must occur - and preferrably be successful! You will be running the supporting attack near the ancient Italian town of Ostiglia, where two ob the bridges over Po are located. Your objective is the town itself, the local road - Via Santa Croce - that is used for quick travels along the river, and the southern town of Melara and Correggioli, that will serve as bridgehead expansion.
The front is stationary for nearly two weeks. Italians have launched some raiding parties in your vicinity as you were dropping off harbours after your journey. It seems that Ostiglia itself is defended by rather strong Soviet garrison with numerous BMPs. Taking it head on may be rough. We could not properly identify the unit, but those Soviets seem to have deployed recently as one of last reserves available from Kiev area, so they are second grade. The good news is that as Soviets are rather massing, they tasked their Hungarian allies with keeping the line as such. Hungarian army was essentially obliterated in Austria, but some three reserve divisions remain and now serve as frontline troops in Italy. We know Hungarians are in Melara, but we cannot properly estimate their strength. Their forces are stretched however and we do not consider them serious threat.
Mind the Soviets have reserves - they will surely respond to your river assault and this what we want. We want them to keep as far from Italian 5th Corps as possible, and you are the magnet.
The offensive begins at dawn. visibility will be limited, but it will allow you cross without the massive fire. We are aware that your brigade lacks advanced night fighting equipment, but still try to do your best. Remember your Milan ATGMs are refitted with thermal sights - those may come in handy.
Your entire brigade is deployed for attack. We tasked your Recon Battalion to spearhead right on Ostiglia - the Soviets hold a bridgehead on your bank, but it is weak. Your only mechanized battalion will ford on Fording Area Alpha south of Ostiglia, right near Via Santa Croce. it is only suitable fording area for tracked vehicles as Po has rather steep banks. Cut the road and decide what's next, perhaps attacking on Ostiglia from the south may ease things up. Your motorized infantry battalions - dismounted and fighting as standard infantry for this mission - are tasked with crossing right near Ostiglia and right on Melara, they essencially cover the flanks of your mechanized troops. Tank battalion is spread evenly among the infantry for close support.
Italians provided Lagunari company for support, raiding and spotting. These are elite shock troops trained for riverine operations. You also get the ample air support. You control entire squadron of portuguese aircraft, Corsairs and Fiat G.91s. Italians provided a flight of F-104s they could spare, and so did Americans with their F-16s. Italians also provided engineering company with landing barges. Use those mostly for bringing the tanks on the other bank.
Good luck!
Scenario should be played against Soviets and Hungarians as AI. Note that this scenario is quite large and you will not be able to ford the river with all your units with inflatable rafts. The rafts will disappear after crossing and other units will be able to cross. WARNING: there is a bug that when attempting to deploy a landing barge with unit limit reached (500 units), the barge will disappear. Before dropping the barges off the trucks make sure you have just removed an inflatable raft by disembarking.
Sources: Fictional scenario*
Design by: Macin "SaS TrooP" Kaluza*
Attached Files
File Type: zip 701 Not what we wanted.zip (282.4 KB, 424 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post: