This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old March 25th, 2009, 11:02 AM

First Lieutenant

Xrati is on a distinguished road
Confused Re: OT: BSG - wtf?

I'm left with one question. What was Starbuck?
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: BSG - wtf?

I was wondering how long it would take someone to resurrect (pun intended) this thread after the abysmal series finally.

Its like the entire last half of season five was relegated to the WTF writers. You know the type, the people who don't know how to write, but think that what they are writing is the best thing ever written.

I don't know why they ran from the show, but one thing is clear, the talented writers RAN from this show like vipers off a dying Battlestar.

So this entire time, the imaginary friend of Baltar, Six, was a, get this, an angle. WTF!

The unknown missing final, (Final????) Five were in fact the first five and were kicked out of the cylon club house by their "children." WTF!

Earth really wasn't EARTH. WTF!

Kerra (sp) returns after going missing but she really isn't Kerra any more. Lets have her find her wrecked viper and dead body on a nuked out Earth, and NEVER explain what happened. WTF!

I can go on and on and on. But why, the show is over, whats done is done, and I want my time back that I wasted on watching this show since they found New Caprica. I prey that those in power never ever ever let those who made this show near a pen again. I beg God that these losers are never ever again allowed to re-envision another TV series. (Next up, RDM re-envisions Star Trek the Original Series... oh wait, thats JJ Abrams job now.)

Last edited by Atrocities; March 25th, 2009 at 12:45 PM..
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road

One problem I've read about is that two of the first five were characters which weren't even there from the begginning, being characters that were introduced for whatever reason and then popularity made them permanent. In other words there was never any plan from the beggining for them to be main characters. Clearly the writers had no plan from the start and just randomnly picked a bunch of characters people wouldn't expect because after all those characters were never planned.

I can imagine what it's like for people who have been watching. I have a series of novels called Chung Kuo where rebels are fighting against a worldwide Chinese government. It was always an eight book series, but suddenly at the end, after decades of general espionage, intrigue and war the leader of the rebellion turns into a giant transdimensional spider Chaos spirit, and they save their world by using the help of an alternate version of one of the main characters who wasn't abandoned as a child and in a world where the Chinese didn't take over. WTF? I thought, thinking he just didn't have a plan for ending. Lately I've read he asked for a ninth book but his publishers wouldn't let him.
Old March 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM

First Lieutenant

Xrati is on a distinguished road

If you think that is really bad creativity, I just read a couple of days ago about a movie reviving the "Three Stooges." What the Frack!!!

Jim Carrey is going to play Curly? - I DON'T THINK SOOOOO!!!!!

There are no new ideas out there! Just remakes of the originals are becoming the trend...
Old March 29th, 2009, 03:55 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrati View Post
If you think that is really bad creativity, I just read a couple of days ago about a movie reviving the "Three Stooges." What the Frack!!!

Jim Carrey is going to play Curly? - I DON'T THINK SOOOOO!!!!!

There are no new ideas out there! Just remakes of the originals are becoming the trend...
And get this, they've hired Sean Penn to be Larry!!!???? WTF

I thought he tried his hand at comedy when he starred with Madonna in a movie or two. But Larry? I can see him being Moe, especially when Moe hits the other two, but I just can't see him as a curly haired comedian.
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:44 PM

Major General

Then Benicio Del Toro plays the third one. Having never seen these Stooges I don't know if that makes sense.
Old March 30th, 2009, 05:19 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallw View Post
Then Benicio Del Toro plays the third one. Having never seen these Stooges I don't know if that makes sense.
Well, if you remember, he did win an Oscar for playing a dude with the same type of haircut that Moe wore.
Old March 31st, 2009, 08:03 PM

Major General

Well as I said I've never seen these stooges. Who's Moe?

What role was it Del Toro won for? The only role of his I've seen is the guy in Usual Suspects.
Old April 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM

General

Baron Munchausen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallw View Post
Well as I said I've never seen these stooges. Who's Moe?
You lucky dog. My advice to you is to never ask that question again. In fact, never ask anything about the three stooges again. And get yourself one of those filtering browser proxies (like Proxomitron) and setup a filter to kill anything that mentions "three stooges" before it even reaches your browser. You'll need it to remain sane when that movie comes out. There will probably be a revival of the old movies, too.

If you don't follow my advice you'll eventually find yourself exposed to one of the worst mind-f***'s ever produced by American "pop culture". The Stooges are even worse than the stupidest, trashiest Saturday Morning cartoons ever produced. Yes, even worse the Rubik's Cube: the cartoon.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

narf poit chez BOOM is on a distinguished road

It's completely un-serious tv, of a type the US is no longer capable of, because the humour gene is dying out.
Sig updated to remove non-working links.