.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Development > All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy
Notices

Old February 9th, 2017, 10:49 PM

Private

dragon8er is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Please respond Shrapnel

It has been over two years since my last request for information about this game. I think that is being very patient. This game has been out there for years now and you guys have ignored repeated calls for information/updates. I know you are busy, but surely you can allocate some time for someone to shed some light on this game's status. As I have stated before I own and have played many hours of 101st Airborne and really enjoyed the game (Played and tracked about 64 missions). It would be super if Shrapnel Games followed through and finished and released All American so fans of these two games could continue enjoying the experience of playing the game. Come on folks, see if you can't give an old gamer a little help and hope for this game! Please! Thanks for your attention to this inquiry.
The Following User Says Thank You to dragon8er For This Useful Post:
Old August 2nd, 2017, 10:25 AM

Private

D_Bader is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please respond Shrapnel

Aye please give us an update. If its money needed why not go for a kickstarter? Raise the monies to make this game happen. I'm sure they're lots of folks who would love to see this game.
I see you've had it on sale for a number of years now what is the intentions of Shrapnel games, what are the options now?
I cannot believe there are no programmers who could make this happen?
The Following User Says Thank You to D_Bader For This Useful Post:
Old August 5th, 2017, 06:18 AM

Major

Tim Brooks is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Please respond Shrapnel

The game is still in development. The timeframe keeps getting moved due to MS inability to say with one stable platform. Sorry. Other issues arise often, including money, but we are still working. If you would like a refund, please contact customer support - there is a link on every page of our website.
Old August 7th, 2017, 08:13 AM

Private

D_Bader is on a distinguished road

Hi Tim, Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear its still in Development. Sorry to hear about the platform stability but that doesn't stop all other games going ahead? Is this one that complex? At least we now know Win 10 64 bit will be with us for a long time. Hopefully Shrapnel can progress this sooner rather than later.
If its money for development I think some sort of kickstarter would be the way? Also if they could revamp the old 101 airborne to play on Win 10 64 bit and add more missions would attract a lot of interest?
Please keep us informed.
I did not not buy the game yet but if it was a kickstarter I would, some sort of target/date etc.
PS Please make it solo, too many games now only online multi
Thanks
Old August 8th, 2017, 02:29 AM

Private

dragon8er is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear this game is still alive! I ordered it years ago (over 15). I am not interested in a refund, but would certainly like to see it completed and delivered. I hope you can front burner this and move it along. I also would not mind seeing 101 updated to Win10.
Old September 16th, 2017, 07:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

RightDeve is on a distinguished road

It's very rare to find a turn-based squad-level game. This game should really shine on its niche market. I'd very much like to play such game, with elegant graphics, not just military icons & symbols as in John Tiller's "Squad Battles".

Unfortunately, decades of waiting (and very few and far between words about it) still don't seem to bring this game for a release.

P.S: There's a good-old squad-level, WW2 game called "Soldiers", released in 2006 I believe. It's real-time and 3D top-down, but can be paused to give orders to each of your soldiers. Scenarios & campaigns range from Normandy to Russia, I think this is a very good alternative while we're *waiting* for this 82nd to be released.

I find the game very satisfying for playing small-team infantry tactics (3 to 6 men), here's my quick & dirty playthrough with it (using Hard mode and Fog of War for better realism): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acjvJL-So3U
Old January 6th, 2019, 02:57 PM

BANNED USER

Tactics is on a distinguished road

Tim is a funny man!

Thousands of games have been released in the past 7 years, but for some reason Shrapnel Games is having a difficult time because "It's Microsoft's Fault". Classy.

Tim, you can't even be bothered to provide annual updates....12 years now...I don't even recall how long. Thank you, though. Its so pleasing to know "It's Microsoft's Fault".

So, now that we know It's "Microsoft's Fault" - what have you been doing for the past 7 years. You've been selling the game for $49...so...what...have...you..been...doing?

Not a difficult question. Please visit the Steam webpage to see the many thousands of game that have somehow managed to be developed and released despite your reality of "It's Microsoft's Fault"