.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 30th, 2005, 07:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Having problem assigning proper id flags to un

Quote:
Skirmisher said:
Strange, I loaded the fixed files in and got the same thing again. Meaning when I purchased more units they appeared as egyptians.

Hold on....... that attachement you sent with the screen shots did indeed show the Iranian ID tag. When I loaded the sceanrio you sent me I saw *** Egyptian *** ID tags. That may becasue you have done something and saved between the screen shot and the sceanrio. Send a screen shot of what you see when you try to buy now. Just set the game to run windowed at 640x480 and use ALT+PRINTCREEN to make the Screen shot. It will be a smaller attachement

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 30th, 2005, 07:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Having problem assigning proper id flags to un

Quote:
Skirmisher said:
I did exactly as you said to do. I get iraqi units with eqyptian flags.

The egyptian flag is the right hand selection for default battles. Before ,if you look at the first posts screenshot,I was getting the Irianian flag on the Iraqi units.
When I changed that back to egyptian,then the egyptian flag appeared.
So the anomaly flag I'm seeing here is the same flag as the right hand country in the battle generator(whatever that happens to be)

HOORAY!!!!! a break though !!!! ( wild dancing in the steet )

By total co-incidence I had the Muja set up as player 2 THAT'S why the ID tags came up for me.

We'll look into this. The workaround is to ensure the default nations in Game Options are set to the same nations as you want in your sceanrio. In your case Saudis and Muja

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 30th, 2005, 07:13 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road
Default If you cant beat em,join em.

I just figured out how to make it work for me. I set the default battle on the start screen to the battle im doing here. Saudi Arabia vs Mujahadeen.June 2005 Now when I buy the stuff from the iraqi oob I get mujahadeen flags, lol.
For some reason this default battle parameter is messing up my flags here,but if I just set it to what i want ,thats what I get. So I can continue editing here. "whew"
Old June 30th, 2005, 07:16 PM

Captain

Default Re: If you cant beat em,join em.

Yes a block party just broke out in front of my house. [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Burger.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Martini.gif[/img] [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Cheese.gif[/img]

Thank You !!

Double Deuce,

Yes I remember those Indian units showing up in the camapign. Whas your right side default battle set for India?
Old July 1st, 2005, 11:30 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The Block party is Cancelled. Nobody brought Beer

Both Andy and I tried this today and everything worked perfectly. I know, I know...... I saw it yesterday and Andy said he thought he saw it a month ago then couldn't reproduce it so wrote it off as imagination.

What this means is there is a specific series of events or combinations of nations or alignment of planets that is causing this and until we can set something up that will reproduce this 100% of the time my advice to anyone building a sceanrio is to ensure the two nations in your game options are set to the same nations you want to build a sceanrio for and you won't have any problems. I will be digging into this further today though as time allows.

Don

Old July 1st, 2005, 12:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK we found the key step that was tripping this bug.

Don

Old July 1st, 2005, 01:36 PM

Captain

Quote:
DRG said:
The Block party is Cancelled. Nobody brought Beer

Both Andy and I tried this today and everything worked perfectly. I know, I know...... I saw it yesterday and Andy said he thought he saw it a month ago then couldn't reproduce it so wrote it off as imagination.

What this means is there is a specific series of events or combinations of nations or alignment of planets that is causing this and until we can set something up that will reproduce this 100% of the time my advice to anyone building a sceanrio is to ensure the two nations in your game options are set to the same nations you want to build a sceanrio for and you won't have any problems. I will be digging into this further today though as time allows.

Don
Don if you look closely at my post before this one in this thread you will see I clearly provided you with 3 "beer" icons.
Old July 1st, 2005, 02:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Skirmisher said:

Don if you look closely at my post before this one in this thread you will see I clearly provided you with 3 "beer" icons.
three beers hasn't been a "party" since I was 15

Old July 1st, 2005, 02:11 PM

Captain

Quote:
DRG said:
Quote:
Skirmisher said:

three beers hasn't been a "party" since I was 15
lol, each icon represents a case. How can you bring three beers to a block party?
Old July 1st, 2005, 10:56 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
DRG said:
OK we found the key step that was tripping this bug.

Don
Captured was only working when the HQ was created from scratch - ie in a brand new scenario in the editor, or a generated battle. Loaded files already (usually) had an HQ allocated, so set captured was not working for a "re-loaded for new edits scenario" (unless the side in question had no troops bought at all yet! , and probably did not work right if you bought captured allies as "own kit" in a campaign for support troops.

Looks fixed.